Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Stoop it!
    I'm not going to edit it, I'm that stubborn lol.
    Lol I was thinking when you said that "what is she on about?!" :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Lol I was thinking when you said that "what is she on about?!" :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait what, that post was to someone else.
    The post with the vine of giroud is for you!

ReputationRep:
    This one's for you peggles!

https://vine.co/v/MQz5Mdb1tli

Hahaha
    The pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait what, that post was to someone else.
    The post with the vine of giroud is for you!
    I know but when you were talking about salt and injuries, I was cracking up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I know but when you were talking about salt and injuries, I was cracking up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They love to have a bit of a dig when the opportunity comes :rofl:
    My own fault haha

The pain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lol: Can just imagine your reaction "Nooooooo!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Exactly. Walcott is probably better in terms of effectiveness. Need somebody who is very creative from wide positions but has pace like Di Maria e.g.

Would you go Chamberlain and Sanchez out wide for the meantime I guess?
    id keep sanchez on the right for now i think whoever is on the left will come in for criticism because we rarely attack down the left no matter whos playing there. I'd probably go for work rate on the left so chamberlain would probs be the best option

if we try and impose the same **** slow tempo game we've attempted vs palace and beskitas we'll lose vs everton i'd probably be in favour of a

back 5
    flamini ramsey
    sanchez ozil chambo
    giroud

ozil needs to play because wilshere whilst looking tidy on the ball and not really doing a whole lot wrong in terms of giving it away is offering nothing offensively and his intelligence in the final 3rd is non-existant

i dont rate flamini at all personally but at least he accepts his limitations and distributes the ball pretty quickly.

work rate is also essential on the left hand side monreal will be targeted again like last season. he can also drift inside to help if naismith drops deep to make it a 4 in midfield again. We were overun last time and wenger surely wont make the same mistake again. people can say what they want about arteta but he can't cover for 2 players making runs beyond him from deep. so the tactical setup needs work and if wenger produces the same lineup as he has the last 2 games surely he needs to go. barkley being out is a bonus whilst he offers absolutely no tactical intelligence and end product himself his mobility is a problem in terms of dragging our midfield out of position

ReputationRep:
    @DeanLDN22

Qualify next Wednesday and we go big #afc #patience #performancerequired
    Manolas plus a move for a marquee player.
    This needs to be true!! No more Giroud and Arteta please AW!

ReputationRep:
    @DeanLDN22

Peggles.. This may happen :O

Seemed weird Wenger would be content with Giroud after his performances..

I will head butt every wall in my house if we buy a ST, CDM and CB (with one big name in the mix, one average and one hidden gem)

ReputationRep:
    @DeanLDN22

Curiousity kills!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    id keep sanchez on the right for now i think whoever is on the left will come in for criticism because we rarely attack down the left no matter whos playing there. I'd probably go for work rate on the left so chamberlain would probs be the best option

if we try and impose the same **** slow tempo game we've attempted vs palace and beskitas we'll lose vs everton i'd probably be in favour of a

back 5
    flamini ramsey
    sanchez ozil chambo
    giroud

ozil needs to play because wilshere whilst looking tidy on the ball and not really doing a whole lot wrong in terms of giving it away is offering nothing offensively and his intelligence in the final 3rd is non-existant

i dont rate flamini at all personally but at least he accepts his limitations and distributes the ball pretty quickly.

work rate is also essential on the left hand side monreal will be targeted again like last season. he can also drift inside to help if naismith drops deep to make it a 4 in midfield again. We were overun last time and wenger surely wont make the same mistake again. people can say what they want about arteta but he can't cover for 2 players making runs beyond him from deep. so the tactical setup needs work and if wenger produces the same lineup as he has the last 2 games surely he needs to go. barkley being out is a bonus whilst he offers absolutely no tactical intelligence and end product himself his mobility is a problem in terms of dragging our midfield out of position
    Yeah I agree. Flamini has a bit more mobility than Arteta and I think facing an everton midfield you need to be combative as they have a lot of power and strength there. No Barkley will probably put the game in your favour though.

Wilshere is really lacking in end product which is a shame. He's not an engine either, it feels like he should be influencing the game 30 yards up the pitch than where he currently is. Will be harder than getting past a midfield like that but I think he needs to release the ball quicker and push up into more advanced areas. He'll get his chance vs Besiktas at home so we'll see how he does.

Wenger just seems to trust players and put on the team that looks the best but not the team that is the best for a match. Hence him putting Cazorla out of position over Chamberlain.

ReputationRep:
    So Balotelli to Liverpool. All these strikers leaving the market. Wenger thinks Giroud can lead us to the title. I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    So Balotelli to Liverpool. All these strikers leaving the market. Wenger thinks Giroud can lead us to the title. I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AW made it clear from the start that he was never interested in Balo.. And that it was a "myth"

ReputationRep:
    Alexis will play CF eventually, Wegner said it himself. We're pretty well stocked up front to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Alexis will play CF eventually, Wegner said it himself. We're pretty well stocked up front to be honest.
    giroud - nothing needs to be said
    sanogo - not ready
    campbell - good prospect, but not ready yet
    sanchez - not his best position
    walcott - not his best position
    podolski - past it

so yes, there are a lot of players who can play that position.. but are they good enough?

compared to:

aguaro, dzeko, negredo, jovetic

RVP, rooney, welbeck

Costa, drogba, torres,

strridge, balotelli, lambert..

out of the top 5 teams, we are easily weakest in terms of strikers, and if that does not make wenger want to improve the area, then he has lost it
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Willing to bet if we qualify for the Champions League this year Wenger will reveal a large name signing a few days after. He said that he is 'willing to do anything' to qualify, and we probably have a few names who want guaranteed CL football before they join.

Not happy with Balotelli to Liverpool, he will be good for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Yeah come on guys no need to rub insult in her wounds now
    Lmfao killed me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    x
    Yes we could do with strengthening, but the more pressing concerns of a defensive midfielder and a 4th choice CB come first.

ReputationRep:
    Soooooooooooo when we were linked to Balotelli, he would have flopped

Now Liverpool have signed him & well.. Just go look LOL

ReputationRep:
    Ballotelli would have been good for us but he is not the answer to Giroud

Liverpool only bought him as back up to studge so you can't even laugh at them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Soooooooooooo when we were linked to Balotelli, he would have flopped

Now Liverpool have signed him & well.. Just go look LOL
    Lol shouldn't be surprised, that's always the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.