The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
Original post by DaVinciGirl
Thank you. I got avg of 690. I actually didn't finish the abstract reasoning.
Got a band 3 though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!! Don't worry about the band 3, I think most unis have a cut off of band 4 anyway so you should be alright
Reply 4621
Original post by ford2910
GCSES: 5A*s 4As 1B
alevels achieved (gap year applicant) : A*AAA
UKCAT: 660 band 1
Where should i apply? im thinking cardiff, liverpool, st georges or kings(not sure which) and then plymouth or leicester. Does anyone know where and when we can find out the deciles for this years ukcat?

I know Cardiff barely weigh in UKCAT, but St Georges and Kings are quite UKCAT heavy I think

Apparently national stats come out tomorrow
Does anyone know whether Leicester look at SJT, I achieved 773 with Band 3 and I wanna apply to Manchester Leicester Cardiff and Southampton.
On Leicester's website it says sjt MIGHT be used as an interview station thing, does anyone know the likelihood of this?
Original post by L7416
Well done!! Don't worry about the band 3, I think most unis have a cut off of band 4 anyway so you should be alright

Thank you! Well done on yours too. Good I was worrying about my sjt band.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L7416
Anyone know what the UKCAT threshold for Newcastle is? And what are my chances with an average of 687 band 1?

Little bit risky, but I'd go for it depending on averages
Thank you! Well done on yours too. Good I was worrying about my sjt band.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second that comment, very well done & at least now it's over :-)

Where do you think you'll apply?*
Original post by ellen111
Has anyone on here revised for 2 weeks and got an average score of 700+? *

Yep. Believe me you won't get any better past the two week mark
I just did the UKCAT mini mock for SJT on medify and got band 3. I got 33 correct, 20 partially correct and 16 incorrect, I looked in my Kaplan book and from Kaplan's system I should have a band 2. Are medify results for SJT on parr with the exam because omg I don't want a band 3 if possible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
I just did the UKCAT mini mock for SJT on medify and got band 3. I got 33 correct, 20 partially correct and 16 incorrect, I looked in my Kaplan book and from Kaplan's system I should have a band 2. Are medify results for SJT on parr with the exam because omg I don't want a band 3 if possible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I did medify I got a band 3. Same as what I actually got.
But in the Kaplan one I got band 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone!
I've been doing UKCAT practice exams (on the website) and have averaged around 70% for AR and VR and 60% for QR, roughly what kind of score is that?
I'm hoping to apply for GEM so need quite a high score 😊
When I did medify I got a band 3. Same as what I actually got.
But in the Kaplan one I got band 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no then 😭 thanks for replying. I hope I don't end up with a band 4 lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone improved by practicing because I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm putting all my faith into good luck on the day, mine is a week away and I'm so worried about getting a bad score because I just don't have good GCSEs to fall back on and I'm not doing BMAT so my score determines if I apply this year or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Has anyone improved by practicing because I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm putting all my faith into good luck on the day, mine is a week away and I'm so worried about getting a bad score because I just don't have good GCSEs to fall back on and I'm not doing BMAT so my score determines if I apply this year or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you tried using medify? That's what I used for one week and it really helped me boost my score! The 1000Questions were too difficult to complete and the online UKCAT mock was also too challenging, I feel medify had the best representation of the actual exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey
I did mine last week and got
VR 680
QR 850
AR 890
Average 807
Band 1

This will be alright to apply to Newcastle and Edinburgh right? Because Newcastle I believe base interview spots on the UKCAT
Original post by Jason Wong
Have you tried using medify? That's what I used for one week and it really helped me boost my score! The 1000Questions were too difficult to complete and the online UKCAT mock was also too challenging, I feel medify had the best representation of the actual exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had it for 3 weeks now but I haven't done their 3 mocks yet so not too sure on my score but I just know it's not that great lol :frown: I've finished all the stems apart from AR which I'm doing rn. Yeah I tried 1000q but so hard, would you say the VR is similar in that book to the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4635
Original post by Anon2305
Hey
VR 680
QR 850
AR 890
Average 807
Band 1

This will be alright to apply to Newcastle and Edinburgh right? Because Newcastle I believe base interview spots on the UKCAT

Congratulations... that's the highest I have seen yet. I'm on a 756 average with SJ band 2, and have got great feedback that it is very strong. You should be fine with both Edinburgh and Newcastle (UKCAT heavily weighted from my understanding)
Hi guys!Ok so I'm so stressed about applying arghhh!!!At GCSE, I attained 10.5 a*s (including all core subjects) and 1 a in drama. In my as levels, I achieved AAAC, in biology, chemistry, religious studies and maths respectively.(I was really disappointed with my maths result as it used to be my best subject) I am continuing biology, chemistry and religious studies to A2, and I have been predicted a*a*a in these subjects. As as levels were not compulsory this year, (luckily) most units are no longer looking at as grades (like imperial, ucl etc) and they are my first 2 choices After sitting my ukcat during the summer, I achieved a mean score of 670 and band 2 in sjt. And now I need two more uckat units, but I want to apply tactically and because I did badly in my UCKAT could someone please recommend which units I'd most likely meet the criteria for?? Also I heard that this year the national average will be considerably lower so hopefully this will work in my favour!Thank you!!!
I did the UKCAT last year and took two months to prepare, I was burned out by the time I got to the exam. IT was also at 8.30am.

This year I've taken it really easy with minimal resources (Medify, UKCAT Ninja, 1000Q book and the Kaplan book from last year). I'm much more confident this time and I believe I'm improving. My test is in 12 days so I'm doing a few hours a night now, starting my mocks tomorrow.
Original post by Anon2305
Hey
VR 680
QR 850
AR 890
Average 807
Band 1

did qr have loads of wordy questions or straight forward basic questions
did ar have easy patterns such as number of sides, position, shade, shape,size etc.. or were they hard af

please reply
Original post by Orangeflower6
Cardiff and Birmingham are good options. Newcastle your UKCAT may be slightly too low. Liverpool is good, but they give the same score for A's and A*s. Because your GCSE's are excellent, you may be better applying to somewhere which gives A*'s more points than an A, such as Leicester, because essentially you will gain the same credit as someone with 9A's. Obviously if you really like Liverpool then apply. Your UKCAT, GCSE's and predicted grades are excellent so you have plenty of choices. By the way, your predicted grades are excellent for Exeter, they give interviews based on how many A* predictions as far as I am aware. I think you would have a very strong chance of an interview.

Thank you so much for taking your time to reply! I'll stick with Cardiff and Birmingham, since Cardiff especially has been my favourite medical school I've visited so far.
I thought so! Looking at previous minimum UKCAT requirements and advice from certain people, I didn't think my score would suffice for Newcastle.
I did actually really like Liverpool, but I've been told that I should use my strong set of GCSEs to my advantage, so that perhaps should be something I should consider. I will certainly look into Exeter now you've mentioned it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending