Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Whos actually seen an improvement in VR with medify? Been using medify for a month and seeing no improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same dude same UKCAT is in 6 days lool fun times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Whos actually seen an improvement in VR with medify? Been using medify for a month and seeing no improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i really feel like it is all luck!! haha... i have seen no improvement..
    did mock A and got 590 for it lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedApp16)
    Soooo... I bought complete med guide from their website and 1000q book. Had a flick through ukcat bit for med guide and its really good, its got a lot of helpful tips so I'd say it's worth it especially since it's cheap.

Just waiting on 1000q from Amazon to be delivered and hope it helps just as much hopefully since it should also have a lot of tips but I feel a lot more confident now anyway and I seem to be doing better in my practise questions now.

Thanks a lot for the help dude/dudette.
    No prob.

Glad you liked it. I found that all it takes is looking at questions the right way and you'll start doing better. It's about your mindset. Right now Im relatively calm but lets see how that goes when I'm a few days out!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeetay)
    I got:

VR-640
    QR-800
    AR-620
    SJT-Band 1

Where do I lie in terms of thresholds?? Are there universities that have requirements for the UKCAT greater than this?? I intend on applying to Cardiff, Newcastle, Birmingham and Liverpool. I know Cardiff isn't too UKCAT heavy, and apparently neither is Birmingham. I have 10 A*s at GCSE, AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A* at A level in maths, bio and chem.
    Cardiff and Birmingham are good options. Newcastle your UKCAT may be slightly too low. Liverpool is good, but they give the same score for A's and A*s. Because your GCSE's are excellent, you may be better applying to somewhere which gives A*'s more points than an A, such as Leicester, because essentially you will gain the same credit as someone with 9A's. Obviously if you really like Liverpool then apply. Your UKCAT, GCSE's and predicted grades are excellent so you have plenty of choices. By the way, your predicted grades are excellent for Exeter, they give interviews based on how many A* predictions as far as I am aware. I think you would have a very strong chance of an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Interim UKCAT results will be released late tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Who else has their exam on 17th sept? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Good luck xx let us know how you got on
    Thank you. I got avg of 690. I actually didn't finish the abstract reasoning.
    Got a band 3 though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSES: 5A*s 4As 1B
    alevels achieved (gap year applicant) : A*AAA
    UKCAT: 660 band 1
    Where should i apply? im thinking cardiff, liverpool, st georges or kings(not sure which) and then plymouth or leicester. Does anyone know where and when we can find out the deciles for this years ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the UKCAT threshold for Newcastle is? And what are my chances with an average of 687 band 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    Thank you. I got avg of 690. I actually didn't finish the abstract reasoning.
    Got a band 3 though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done!! Don't worry about the band 3, I think most unis have a cut off of band 4 anyway so you should be alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ford2910)
    GCSES: 5A*s 4As 1B
    alevels achieved (gap year applicant) : A*AAA
    UKCAT: 660 band 1
    Where should i apply? im thinking cardiff, liverpool, st georges or kings(not sure which) and then plymouth or leicester. Does anyone know where and when we can find out the deciles for this years ukcat?
    I know Cardiff barely weigh in UKCAT, but St Georges and Kings are quite UKCAT heavy I think

Apparently national stats come out tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether Leicester look at SJT, I achieved 773 with Band 3 and I wanna apply to Manchester Leicester Cardiff and Southampton.
    On Leicester's website it says sjt MIGHT be used as an interview station thing, does anyone know the likelihood of this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L7416)
    Well done!! Don't worry about the band 3, I think most unis have a cut off of band 4 anyway so you should be alright
    Thank you! Well done on yours too. Good I was worrying about my sjt band.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L7416)
    Anyone know what the UKCAT threshold for Newcastle is? And what are my chances with an average of 687 band 1?
    Little bit risky, but I'd go for it depending on averages

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Well done on yours too. Good I was worrying about my sjt band.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I second that comment, very well done & at least now it's over :-)

Where do you think you'll apply?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    Has anyone on here revised for 2 weeks and got an average score of 700+? *
    Yep. Believe me you won't get any better past the two week mark

ReputationRep:
    I just did the UKCAT mini mock for SJT on medify and got band 3. I got 33 correct, 20 partially correct and 16 incorrect, I looked in my Kaplan book and from Kaplan's system I should have a band 2. Are medify results for SJT on parr with the exam because omg I don't want a band 3 if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    I just did the UKCAT mini mock for SJT on medify and got band 3. I got 33 correct, 20 partially correct and 16 incorrect, I looked in my Kaplan book and from Kaplan's system I should have a band 2. Are medify results for SJT on parr with the exam because omg I don't want a band 3 if possible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I did medify I got a band 3. Same as what I actually got.
    But in the Kaplan one I got band 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I've been doing UKCAT practice exams (on the website) and have averaged around 70% for AR and VR and 60% for QR, roughly what kind of score is that?
    I'm hoping to apply for GEM so need quite a high score 😊

ReputationRep:
    When I did medify I got a band 3. Same as what I actually got.
    But in the Kaplan one I got band 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no then 😭 thanks for replying. I hope I don't end up with a band 4 lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.