Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!
    I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Bruh McDonald's rejected me a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone want female company pm me xoxo
    How do you get rejected by MD's unless you are over qualified :s

ReputationRep:
    Every time I get an email from my firm/insurance I freeze 😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Clearly in need of a gap year, people who are mature enough to go to uni do not care so much about their hair and what effect will it have on other people.

Nobody gives a crap about your hair. Chill.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471211326.493892.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  28.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    People on TSR havé said that but others have said that they'll do it on the day. I'm also gonna be ringing up tomorrow to ask to be rejected so interesting to see what they say .....
    I rang Keele (my insurance) last week and the lady said she couldn't release me until she had my results. I'm sure that's not true? I'm sure they can release you before results. I was pretty annoyed.

(Original post by Aph)
    How do you get rejected by MD's unless you are over qualified :s
    I have absolutely no idea

I didn't mention any plans to go to uni at all

My town is so bloody deprived that there are like 600 applications per job so they had to get rid of loads ofc

ReputationRep:
    I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
    I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though

Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.
    okay, well, 2 things:
    1. if it's for a science/essay subject, you can never really be sure what you got. there's still some hope and examiners mark positively, not negatively
    2. if you're a person who normally does very well (likely since you hold an offer from cambridge), then what you find difficult many more will find more difficult. this affects grade boundaries in your favour, and could just about get you enough marks needed to hit your target

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.
    don't worry! i think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I think I've got higher UMS in CHEM4 than CHEM5 because the grade boundaries will be lower for the former.

I didn't find it abysmally bad, but I really could've done with an extra 15 minutes, I desperately pieced together that last compound in the 9 marker together in around three minutes and got a very lucky half-guess!
    Definitely wish I had about 15 minutes more too. I only answered a tiny bit of that 9 marker due to time constraints and I didn't have time to go back and check the rest of what I'd done. CHEM5 was a blessing for me (it's my weaker unit but the paper was pretty standard imo) but I doubt it will be enough to get me an A..which is stupid because before that CHEM4 exam I was so prepared and ready and everything seemed easy in the sense that there was a (albeit small) chance I could've been aiming for an A*. It was 100% the hardest CHEM4 paper there has ever been on this spec, but like you said, it wasn't 'abysmal'...reflecting on it though it was my 2nd or 3rd hardest exam.

But my issue is when I get things wrong and I know I've got them wrong or had to guess, it throws me off for the entire paper and I lose focus and I get flustered and the whole experience becomes awful. It's really overwhelming and I hate it. I could get 90+ marks in the past papers and honestly, I'll be shocked if I'm pushing 70 marks...no joke.

ReputationRep:
    Pearson Edexcel grade boundaries out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)

I think 87/100 will be 118/120 UMS, cap should be around 88/100 and, yeah, 85/100 will be around 110/120 in my opinion.

I got that propanone one wrong I think (*******s!) as I put rate=[H+][propanone] (exactly the same) which is wrong apparently but I did well on most of the organic I think.

Maybe I'll get a mark or two for that actually, as I justified it saying 'even though propanone is in large excess, it is still in the rate-determining step, so rate equation will theoretically not change'. idk what the mark scheme will be like...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reexox)
    I rang Keele (my insurance) last week and the lady said she couldn't release me until she had my results. I'm sure that's not true? I'm sure they can release you before results. I was pretty annoyed.
    They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    don't worry! i think you'll be fine.
    I hope so tanya!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.
    I understand. I just hoped they might due to what I've read on the UCAS site but I was still frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no idea

I didn't mention any plans to go to uni at all

My town is so bloody deprived that there are like 600 applications per job so they had to get rid of loads ofc
    Maybe they guessed? Or decided they couldn't take the risk in case you were?

(Original post by tanyapotter)
    okay, well, 2 things:
    1. if it's for a science/essay subject, you can never really be sure what you got. there's still some hope and examiners mark positively, not negatively
    2. if you're a person who normally does very well (likely since you hold an offer from cambridge), then what you find difficult many more will find more difficult. this affects grade boundaries in your favour, and could just about get you enough marks needed to hit your target
    Thank you, I really appreciate that :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reexox)
    Thanks for your input here . It seems it's really a hit and miss depending on the uni and I imagine they're so busy right now that they'd rather just tell people to ring again on Thursday but I don't wanna be told on Thursday that they're gonna keep me waiting for ages cause otherwise bye bye uni and hello gap year

ReputationRep:
    I think 87/100 will be 118/120 UMS, cap should be around 88/100 and, yeah, 85/100 will be around 110/120 in my opinion.

I got that propanone one wrong I think (*******s!) as I put rate=[H+][propanone] (exactly the same) which is wrong apparently but I did well on most of the organic I think.

Maybe I'll get a mark or two for that actually, as I justified it saying 'even though propanone is in large excess, it is still in the rate-determining step, so rate equation will theoretically not change'. idk what the mark scheme will be like...
    I wrote - propanone is in a large excess so its concertration is effectively constant so zero order with respect to propanone

rate = k(H+)
    Hopefully that is 2 marks?
    You may get a mark for saying its in excess but the point is rate defintion is CHANGE in concentration in unit time but concentration is constant so zero order? I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Thanks for your input here . It seems it's really a hit and miss depending on the uni and I imagine they're so busy right now that they'd rather just tell people to ring again on Thursday but I don't wanna be told on Thursday that they're gonna keep me waiting for ages cause otherwise bye bye uni and hello gap year
    That's what I'm worried about too! I hoped to get it dealt with last week so I wouldn't be as stressed on Thursday but I've just got to wait and see now. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    I've been pretty much addicted since I bought Conquest! It does include a lot of humour, and there are certainly many quirky characters! (*Cough* Camilla *cough*)Both Birthright and Conquest have thoroughly enjoyable storylines, but they're not similar so getting both is obviously the best choice I think I enjoyed Conquest slightly more, but I haven't yet finished Birthright so we'll have to see! I'm glad to see another Fire Emblem fan on here!
    I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.