Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Right, this is just me being silly I think, and it's probably already been brought up...but:

If the Time War was timelocked, and had already ended by the time the 9th Doctor appeared to Rose in 2005, how does the Doctor not see Rassilon's plan coming if he was there 'at the end'? Because, surely, if he was there, he would have been included in the vote as to whether they would go to Earth; in fact, his 10th self would have been one side of the gate, and his 8th self would have been the other side. As much as in the EDA, the Doctor destroyed Gallifrey and then history was rewritten by the Time Lords so he never actually did it and the war against the Second War in Heaven never happened, and then he destroyed it again in the LGTW before/after becoming the 9th doctor...how does RTD manage to come up with so many conflicting 'canon' stories?

I mean, surely someone must have thought "Wait a minute; didn't the Doctor say all his people were dead? Didn't Davros say he was the 'Destroyer of Worlds'?"

As much as it's fiction.... Even if the Time War didn't finish until just before the events of Utopia (explaining the Master's presence there as a human; chameleon arch and all that), wasn't there something that said its effects rippled back through time, meaning it was much harder to get into parallel universes and do all the fancy things that used to be able to happen before Eccleston?

Anyone? Any help?
    I think Rose was meant to take place pretty soon after he had regenerated (As he does the whole "I have big ears" thing) and I'm guessing as the eigth he explodes the Time Lords and probably is forced to regenerate, which also knocks him out of the Time Lock.

I thought only the Time Lord council voted on the plan, of which The Doctor isn't a member? So he wouldn't have know. So Gallifrey could've shown up outside the Time Lock briefly and The Doctor might not have noticed (busy preparing "The Moment") and they'd be back by the time he blew them up?

ReputationRep:
    New monster called the Face Tendril will be in the first episode.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it seems I do get something to oogle in the next series after all - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...all-girl10.jpg

Although I doubt matt will ever get a shirtless scene ... I honestly don't think he's that bad looking XD It will all come down to whether they make him look more square with make-up, or less.

Karen Gillian will keep us happy. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Another reason to love Matt Smith - http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...-Matt--007.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many newbies would doctor who if Emma Watson was an assistant :sexface:

(Original post by Gaara.)
    I wonder how many newbies would doctor who if Emma Watson was an assistant :sexface:
    A lot, she's got a big name.

Spoiler:
    Show
    And she's hot. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :sexface:

You got rid of your Hayley Williams sig? :puppyeyes:

:shifty:
    Had too man, too many people were drooling over MY woman
    And madjack, your spoiler is 100% the reason they would watch it :giggle:

Oh god, yes :coma:

More than happy... :sexface:

She's got a lovely smile too.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean you had to? :shifty: How could you? It was such a great sig.

I think you mean my woman
    Lol okok I was getting bored of it
    Need someone new tbh now

Back to doctor who....

ReputationRep:
    Matt Smith has no eyebrows
    Wonder how he will pull off facial expressions?

While Matt Smith will never replace DT, he doesn't look that bad. Series 5 looks awesome though. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Did you get Doctor Who Magazine too? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Face Tendril

First episode monsters have never sounded so exciting. We've had dummies, blood control aliens, blood sucking old lady and little walking Fat guys.
    Moffat has created some of my favourite Dr Who monsters. The weeping angels, the robots and the "Are you my mummy" child.

He's also written my favourite episode of Dr Who, which is blink. :awesome:

Series 5 will be awesome, would rather still have DT playing the Doctor in series 5 though.

Why did they have to kill him off? Why? Whyyyyy?! :cry:

Of course Moffat is a good writer ... Better than RTD by far :p:. My favourite was also Blink along with Midnight which I think was on par. Midnight was fantastic and you never even discovered who the creature was.

I hope so. I read he was stuck on episodes 12 & 13.

And if they had continued with David Tennant it would have been Tom Baker all over again where when DT left in future no one would give the new guy a chance.

It's good he left. At least it can never be said he dragged.

I hope Sally Sparrow makes a return :teeth:
    Oh yeah, have to give RTD some credit for Midnight. :yep:

True, but DT was brilliant. :cry: Now we're stuck with bloody 'geromino' instead of 'allons-sy'

Sally Sparrow was in Blink wasn't she? Yeah, I hope she comes back. :teeth:

RTDs masterpiece, for me, will always always be the last 10 minutes of Utopia. The clever writing of introducing the FOB watch in Human Nature/Family of Blood and the Face of Boes YANA message all coming together and ... :coma: topped off by a regeneration before stealing the Tardis...

How more epic can it get?

Master vs Rassilon was also my favourite scene

"You did this to ME"
    Oh yeah, remember that now!

The whole thing with Wilfred being the person that knocks four times was also clever I thought.

Edit: Wilfred Mott - Time Lord FTW.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    David Tennant obviously. Just brilliant.

ReputationRep:

You wish you were the guy on the right :sexface:

3 months of you posting Matt Smith pics :sigh: we're in for a long ride, people :p:

Does Matt Smith also have a leather fetish? :teeth:
    I hope so :teehee:

ReputationRep:

Wilfred :rofl: I recall one member being pretty certain that Wilf was the Master :shifty:

I think it was Dokta :p:
    We havn't seen JS regenerate yet so its still possible :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.