Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I'm not feeling that nervous. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady'sMan247)
    Hey just save this link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/do/c...ts-statistics/
    This link will get you the ocr latest grade boundaries as soon as they are out. Job done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for posting this link, the OCR website is awful and made it difficult to find (for me anyway)

If it helps anybody, this thread should be updated as soon as the boundaries are released for each exam board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by styleyourwrist)
    Please can someone post a link to OCR and WJEC grade boundaries as soon as they're up tomorrow
    There's a grade boundaries thread which you'll find a link to in the OP. I'll do all English boards if I'm first as I sit exams on all three

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady'sMan247)
    Hey just save this link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/do/c...ts-statistics/
    This link will get you the ocr latest grade boundaries as soon as they are out. Job done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbaker123)
    For some reason I'm not feeling that nervous. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing?
    I feel a bit like this too since Sunday. I feel like now the universities know the results it's different somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I always find that page to the grade boundaries... But then I lose it myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Is it midnight on Thursday morning or midnight on Wednesday morning? If that makes sense…

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR and Edexcel normally publish theirs midnight or around midnight i.e. 14 hours to go

AQA publish there's about 7-8am the following morning i.e. tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    It's not me but that's reassuring to know, putting our religious differences aside how are you feeling about results day? I need high grades in order to be competitive for maths next year
    I'm not actually that nervous, as long as I get 3As then I'll be happy because I'll either be predicted A*AA at least, maybe higher if my UMS is better. I think I'll be tense going into school. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At work of course
    Where do you work at brah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TauMuon)
    So you mean (for the average applicant) 94% of their GCSEs they got A*s in?

Or (in the A*s they got) they got 94% UMS?

I'm confused by what you mean...
    Ah, I'm sorry!

Lets put it this way!

Your first concept = OXFORD.
    Second concept applying to AS = CAMBRIDGE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freetown)
    Why do people who felt they did great in their exams always get at least one neg :\
    I agree with you the June 2013 f322 paper was a nice paper (a bit like Jan 2012) I kinda wish I resat it now lol
    IT WAS!
    What do you mean by "neg"!? LOL.
    Negative!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobar)
    I thought it was BMAT for Cambridge?
    Yeah, it is... In general, UKCAT was what was mentioned so I thought we'd go onto that!
    I mentioned it in context to the wrong university!

I haven't started strenuous revision for BMAT yet... But, I'm looking 5, 5, 4-ish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had an offer of A*AA for CompSci(Bristol University) and I've received my grades: AAA.(CIE A-levels) I've missed the offer. I had a really tough year as I studied at a small school and they were out of teachers. I had to self-teach myself Maths and Physics. Should I call the university and explain? Or should I ask my referee to call them? What should I do? Should I just wait and see what happens first? I'm so scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    I'm not actually that nervous, as long as I get 3As then I'll be happy because I'll either be predicted A*AA at least, maybe higher if my UMS is better. I think I'll be tense going into school. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither am I really, well at least for maths. History and economics are so random though that you'll never truly know your exact ums. In January I guessed 99 UMS for C1 and got 98 in January I guessed 94ums for econ 1 and got 84ums xP.
    Same 3A's and B will be fine for me. I've got all of my predicted grades stacked up against actual grades to slam in my teachers face for neglecting my potential due to my GCSEs .

It really will be, need to make a playlist on my ipod before thursday just so it feels more epic/devastating when I get good/bad results.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by adi19956)
    They're out tomorrow. If they were leaked today and you posted them, TSR would likely ban you as per last year

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    No we wouldn't..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Where do you work at brah?
    Bank of England brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melthusa)
    Average Oxford applicants DO NOT have an average A* percentage of 0.94. This is totally incorrect.

I'm studying at Oxford, I got very similar GCSEs to you and everyone around me has pretty similar in terms of GCSE grades. Surely you get the odd person who got 11 A*, but the majority of people only have about 4 or 5.
    Oh, well..
    I have advised to NOT apply there because i'm NOT good enough...

Pretty harsh, but I understand...
    On average, the admission tutors say so but I guess they handle thing differently in the real process which gives hope...

Sorry about that...
    If that caused any offence...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just went on track and it shows that my firm uni has rejected me ages ago (10th June)

:O

Worth ringing ucas or uni or have I only just been rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speakingmute)
    I had an offer of A*AA for CompSci(Bristol University) and I've received my grades: AAA.(CIE A-levels) I've missed the offer. I had a really tough year as I studied at a small school and they were out of teachers. I had to self-teach myself Maths and Physics. Should I call the university and explain? Or should I ask my referee to call them? What should I do? Should I just wait and see what happens first? I'm so scared
    I'd say to call them! They can put it down as an exceptional case and means you only missed your offer by one grade they might say you're ok? They might not be able to answer you until results day though in case they have others that drop in or out of the courses.

ReputationRep:
    Neither am I really, well at least for maths. History and economics are so random though that you'll never truly know your exact ums. In January I guessed 99 UMS for C1 and got 98 in January I guessed 94ums for econ 1 and got 84ums xP.
    Same 3A's and B will be fine for me. I've got all of my predicted grades stacked up against actual grades to slam in my teachers face for neglecting my potential due to my GCSEs .

It really will be, need to make a playlist on my ipod before thursday just so it feels more epic/devastating when I get good/bad results.
    Economics is tough to predict how well you have done because of the evaluation...im hoping for 80ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.