Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Our defence was good last season in the last ten games but your comparing us to Juve who probably have the best defence in Europe. Not sure how you came to the conclusion Cazorla is hands down better than Vidal too, they are different players and Vidal was definitely a major contributor to Juve's success last season. Wilshere may have had that unbelievable good performance against Barcelona but he needs to do that on a consistent basis, so yeah I would have Vidal over him atm. Juve shouldn't be taken lightly, they already had a solid defence and a quality midfield, now they've improved the weakest area of the team. They'll walk the Serie A and I reckon they could reach the semi's of the CL too.
    Thank you then should of just said your views first. Well I agree to the most part it seems like you over rate their competition in Italy overall that league has fallen in standard. So I don't really see how you think the can get to semis of CL with the competition from the other great teams, I see juve in the same bracket as arsenal tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I think on the whole Juve have a better team than us at the moment, but I certainly don't think it would be a comfortable game for either side. :dontknow: We could beat them on a good day.
    We can beat a lot of teams on a good day (Bayern Munich, anyone?). It's our lack of consistency that really lets us down, I think. I'm so tired of reading an article one week that's full of praise for our performances, then the next week we mess it up again. That unpredictability makes Arsenal so painful to watch sometimes. That Newcastle game on the last day...my heart...

ReputationRep:
    She's looks pretty in the non-WAG way. Nice to see he didn't make a big deal of it either unlike some other footballers these days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    No problem with saying she's beautiful, it the "what we ought to be doing to her" bit that's a little off-putting.

And what's wrong with the Guardian? I really like their sports section.
    Love the Guardian Sport section but the rest of the paper is always lecturing on how men are always oppressing women and other nonsense.

(Original post by jam277)
    Btw, have you seen messi's girl? Damn she'd get it.
    Decent. Schweinsteiger, Arteta and Casillas have by far the best looking girls though. Walcott's done very well too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownize)
    Thank you then should of just said your views first. Well I agree to the most part it seems like you over rate their competition in Italy overall that league has fallen in standard. So I don't really see how you think the can get to semis of CL with the competition from the other great teams, I see juve in the same bracket as arsenal tbh
    In terms of League competitiveness and quality on the pitch Italy is second to the PL. Yes, off the pitch Italy is **** but that will start to change soon when the FIGC wake up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    So she poses like that and men say she's beautiful. What's the issue? Think you've been swallowing the Guardian too much mate...:rolleyes:
    sure do love attacking the left

ReputationRep:
    Because the only problem for juve last season was the lack of a clinical striker, the top goalscorer in the league was vidal and vucinic which said it all. Right now they're a complete team in terms of the first 11. They could do with another top midfielder to compete for places, but they are easily better than arsenal. There's no point disputing this point.

Better keeper, better defence, better midfield(although that's hard to compare but only wilshere and cazorla could get into that midfield when all 3 of their players could get into your team without too many problems) and better strikeforce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    sure do love attacking the left
    Probably do come a bit strong but living around Islington, and at Uni as well, you are surrounded by nothing but patronising leftie ****-talkers so it does annoy me. Couldnt really care about politics but I know when people are spouting nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Love the Guardian Sport section but the rest of the paper is always lecturing on how men are always oppressing women and other nonsense.
    I read the Guardian every day, and I never feel lectured. They have the news bits, then they have the opinion bits. I stick mainly to the news bits, and it's just the news. Not much different to what you would get watching a news programme on TV.

I love their as it happened bit on the website, useful if you can't watch a match, but can't wait to find out what's happened!

ReputationRep:
    I love their as it happened bit on the website, useful if you can't watch a match, but can't wait to find out what's happened!
    Yeah the Guardian Football section is absolutely class. Great for Bundesliga/La Liga news as well and they go much much deeper than the likes of the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Because the only problem for juve last season was the lack of a clinical striker, the top goalscorer in the league was vidal and vucinic which said it all. Right now they're a complete team in terms of the first 11. They could do with another top midfielder to compete for places, but they are easily better than arsenal. There's no point disputing this point.

Better keeper, better defence, better midfield(although that's hard to compare but only wilshere and cazorla could get into that midfield when all 3 of their players could get into your team without too many problems) and better strikeforce.
    Its good and well saying this on paper but, serie A is clearly a different league and less competitive at that, including such different tactical approaches you can't say all there players will go on arsenal. Pirlo can't be on arsenal as we don't or any other prem team mainly rely on a deep lying playmaker. Would love Vidal. And there so called great defence doesn't match prem teams every week - which is known to have the most "star players".

ReputationRep:
    So she poses like that and men say she's beautiful. What's the issue? Think you've been swallowing the Guardian too much mate...:rolleyes:
    I don't actually care. But it is lame as **** to discuss what you'd 'do' to a woman who'd never touch you.

ReputationRep:
    Its good and well saying this on paper but, serie A is clearly a different league and less competitive at that, including such different tactical approaches you can't say all there players will go on arsenal. Pirlo can't be on arsenal as we don't or any other prem team mainly rely on a deep lying playmaker. Would love Vidal. And there so called great defence doesn't match prem teams every week - which is known to have the most "star players".
    Oh man you're just embarrassing yourself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Oh man you're just embarrassing yourself...
    Okay...

ReputationRep:
    Okay...
    You are just stop.

ReputationRep:
    You are just stop.
    Smh, I can do what I want. Ignore me if you think so...

We can beat a lot of teams on a good day (Bayern Munich, anyone?). It's our lack of consistency that really lets us down, I think. I'm so tired of reading an article one week that's full of praise for our performances, then the next week we mess it up again. That unpredictability makes Arsenal so painful to watch sometimes. That Newcastle game on the last day...my heart...
    :football:

Regarding the above - I meant we can beat them on a good day in the sense that there isn't that much of a gap between us, not in the sense of 'there's technically a chance'. I wouldn't say we could beat Bayern on a good day, or Barca or Madrid - I'd think there would have to be either very specific circumstances (injuries, suspensions, particularly low morale or complacency a la Bayern last season) or we'd have to be pretty lucky (maybe I'm using the phrase wrong? ). I don't think the same would always be necessary for us to beat Juve over two legs. :dontknow:

Ceteris paribus, I'd usually expect a draw between us and Juventus, I think, with Juve having a somewhat better game. :beard: (This is without factoring in Tevez, Higuain, or anyone the two clubs might buy this window.) This is, of course, not a very realistic prediction at all and doesn't take into consideration the plethora of external factors that would affect a game; I'm just trying to suggest that the quality of the teams isn't that far apart.

You are just stop.

Smh, I can do what I want. Ignore me if you think so...
    No pettiness please, it just really isn't necessary. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Ummm, am I the only girl here? :rolleyes:
    nope

Huge difference between saying 'she's hot' and discussing 'what we should be doing to her' imo. :nothing: Fyi that post's been removed and I'd request members to be a bit sensitive about how they phrase things.

ReputationRep:
    when I said what we ought to do to her I meant follower her twitter

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.