Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    You two naturally clever or is it effort as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Random posts to quote :P
    Usy and I are doing similar Alevels, and we're applying for the same course. But there, the similarity ends. She's a lot more intelligent and driven than I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    What's your subject again? I might be able to source a really good example .
    Law.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Law.
    Have you heard this, btw?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Law.
    Oh. I'm sorry, I have nothing for Law
    Law Personal Statement
    Having been brought up in Morocco, a region of the world where different cultures have emerged, I have always been interested to widen my intercultural competences. For that reason studying abroad and obtaining a foreign degree has been my primary objective for a real career start. During the last 3 years my interest and motivation had a tendency towards studying law, especially after pursuing the economic and social high school degree trajectory, which prepares future students for the fields of social sciences, law and economics.My enthusiasm towards law studies arose from my acknowledgement of the advantages of countries having a strong and enforced legal system, both to ensure the equality of people, as well as to boost their economic development. Moreover, I am deeply interested to learn more about fiscal law implications relating to international trade, different managerial laws, political and cultural subjects offered in your program. Last but not least, I am willing to learn the differences between law aspect in order to depeen my international business law knowledge.
    I strongly believe that a career in law perfectly adapts to my perseverant, organized, logical, communicative and persuasive character, which I have demonstrated during my school years through the experiences described below.
    During my high school years, I was elected as council delegate and had the honor to represent my school within the "High School Life" council. This was possible due to my program proposal to contribute towards the improvement of high school life environment, as well as to my persuasive speech. During this mandate I organized multiple activities to raise funds and had regular meetings with my classmates to find out about their needs and discuss them with the other delegates and school officials to find ways that suit all the parties.
    Besides my studies I do participate in many sport activities and as a result I do spend much of my free time practicing diffrent sports such as surfing, athletics, badminton or volleyball. I developed this sportive attitude since younger age. My volleyball team has joined the Moroccan Voleyball league since two years and it is the first and only high school team in Morocco to be able to face the national teams. I am a strong believer that these sports have helped me build a modest character in the sense that apart from the team spirit and solidarity, I got to learn self control and how to behave in difficult and embarassing situations. I also learned the competitive spirit and always wanting to improve and giving the best of myself. These qualities have been anchored in me, and I intend to behave as such at the school level.
    I have chosen to apply to your program for many reasons as I stated before but the two major reasons are: because I am sure that the course you offer and the expertise of your faculty would offer me good fundamentals for future law career activities and are conducive to my career interests, and second, because of the eminent reputation the UK education system as well as your program holds due to the expertise it has gained during the last decades. Finally, I am looking forward, if I get accepted to your program, to satisfy my coursework, final project work, and, with all my potentials, to contribute to the enrichment of your institution and be one of your ambassadors in Morocco. Furthermore, through this program which is taking place in a UK environment I am going to learn even more about multicultural relations and be aware of the differences and similarities that can be relevant in deeling with different international business law operations.

Above is a five star PS on studential.

ReputationRep:
    Usy and I are doing similar Alevels, and we're applying for the same course. But there, the similarity ends. She's a lot more intelligent and driven than I am.
    :facepalm: he*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I know . T'was a (poor) joke .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Ohh- I was gonna say, I always thought usy was male!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of my Chem teachers can't teach. WTF am I meant to do?

(Original post by furryface12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was going to say that as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    One of my Chem teachers can't teach. WTF am I meant to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See another teacher in frees/use on-line resources/textbook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I'm more worried about section 1 tbh I thought I had it a few days ago sorted and everything but now it's just all going downhill again! :mad:
    What scores are you getting in practice? I'm getting mid-high 5s in section 1 and mid-high 6s in section 2, haven't practiced section 3 much
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

(Original post by Qari)
    You two naturally clever or is it effort as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish!

Oh you...

Not true though :nah:

(Original post by furryface12)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Qari)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is there so much debate over what gender I am?!

(Original post by g.k.galloway)
    What scores are you getting in practice? I'm getting mid-high 5s in section 1 and mid-high 6s in section 2, haven't practiced section 3 much
    Yeah, about the same, although I did a section 1 paper yesterday and scored 3.8 for some reason :rofl: Hopefully it was just a bad day though! Taking the day off today to get some work done for it (no important lessons anyway, this is far more important atm. ).
    Neither have I tbh...but I've heard that as long as you answer all parts to the question, no matter how badly you answer it, you'll score at least 3...and that's good enough for Imperial. Also, have you read Medical Ethics: A Very Short Introduction by Tony Hope? It's a very good (and short) book to help you with section 3 ethics questions IMO :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Yeah, about the same, although I did a section 1 paper yesterday and scored 3.8 for some reason :rofl: Hopefully it was just a bad day though! Taking the day off today to get some work done for it (no important lessons anyway, this is far more important atm. ).
    Neither have I tbh...but I've heard that as long as you answer all parts to the question, no matter how badly you answer it, you'll score at least 3...and that's good enough for Imperial. Also, have you read Medical Ethics: A Very Short Introduction by Tony Hope? It's a very good (and short) book to help you with section 3 ethics questions IMO :yep:
    I know you were talking to gk but I have it, will be reading it over 1/2 term .
    • Study Helper

I know you were talking to gk but I have it, will be reading it over 1/2 term .
    That's awesome It's a great book, it made me fall in love with medical ethics. :love:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome It's a great book, it made me fall in love with medical ethics. :love:
    We had a lecture on ethics at the Camz Summer School. Tbh, it seemed pointless. Just a load of provocative scenarios and methodologies to arriving to a suitable decision.
    • Study Helper

We had a lecture on ethics at the Camz Summer School. Tbh, it seemed pointless. Just a load of provocative scenarios and methodologies to arriving to a suitable decision.
    Each to their own I guess!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own I guess!
    Lol. I will try to do some extended reading on the topic though .

Is your EPQ done?
    • Study Helper

Lol. I will try to do some extended reading on the topic though .

Is your EPQ done?

Not yet! Spent more time focusing on my BMAT for now, but I'm hoping to have it done by next weekend or so :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Not yet! Spent more time focusing on my BMAT for now, but I'm hoping to have it done by next weekend or so :yep:
    Ah, right! Good luck
    Do you have any idea how much exam entries cost? I'll have to pay for my self taught FM modules :P

I've forgotten to do my fm hw
    • Study Helper

Ah, right! Good luck
    Do you have any idea how much exam entries cost? I'll have to pay for my self taught FM modules :P

I've forgotten to do my fm hw
    Thanks!
    Hmm...no idea, but you could try Edexcel's website? I think they list them there :yep:

Damn What are you doing right now in FM?

ReputationRep:
    The last week of term is looking to be horrible :sad: 3 deadlines and about 2/3 summative course tests :cry2:

Thursday isn't looking much better with an essay deadline, vaccination and a chemistry test

university is hard work :erm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.