Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    defense mechanism?

i said technically he is correct.
    you go from "wenger out" to "best team the world has ever seen" in a single match.

you certainly deserved to win the match, but i just wish you would have performed at a higher level so you could have remembered this day as the day you rose up, brushed aside your opponent, and began collecting trophies again.
    Winning is winning. And coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 will certainly be more memorable than a 3-0 crushing of Hull.

You sound like a bitter Liverpool fan coming up with a defence mechanism for how you're going to finish 7th next season.

ReputationRep:
    Right now the hype is over..

What the **** was the ref doing? Absolutely awful refereeing, almost cost us the cup!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Winning is winning. And coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 will certainly be more memorable than a 3-0 crushing of Hull.

You sound like a bitter Liverpool fan coming up with a defence mechanism for how you're going to finish 7th next season.
    hmmm, i somewhat agree - i suppose you are more likely to remember the exciting, comeback games, however that doesn't protect you from criticism of a poor perfromance.
    however as you said, a win is a win, and a cup is a cup.

not really any need for that last part.
    to seriously think we will drop below chelsea, arsenal, everton, spurs and united in one season is ridiculous.
    i admit it isn't impossible (re: our decline and united's most recent mess up), but you can see that we are improving under rodgers
    we aren't losing key players (as far as i know) and we aren't losing our manager, so if i'm honest, you're the one that sounds a little bitter

clearly you're scared that liverpool are beginning to eclipse arsenal.
    not saying that have, but there's a definite fear of it in arsenal (and even to a small extent, chelsea) fans

(Original post by SHOO)
    Right now the hype is over..

What the **** was the ref doing? Absolutely awful refereeing, almost cost us the cup!
    i agree - i was astounded by how poor he was.
    the problem is that nobody will care that he denied you 4 penalties because you won in the end
    but when it is a match that is close, such as our FA cup tie, Webb was severely disciplined because he very possibly affected the result

it isn't a correct system; the referee today (yesterday)had one of the worst displays i've seen this season, and it simply isn't good enough.
    it is a hard job, but they get too much protection and not enough technological support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Meh sorry about that, I was just being bitter. Calmed down anyway.

Seriously though well done, you deserve it this year having played some tough opponents throughout.
    i concur
    i have been a little jealous and bitter if i'm honest - mainly because you knocked us out and you beat a yorkshire team in the final

but seriously, you guys deserved that cup more than any team i have ever seen.
    if you look back at the teams you had to beat, it is quite ridiculous
    spurs, coventry liverpool, everton, wigan, hull - i don't think i've ever seen a harder road to the trophy tbh.
    respect.

ReputationRep:
    i concur
    i have been a little jealous and bitter if i'm honest - mainly because you knocked us out and you beat a yorkshire team in the final

but seriously, you guys deserved that cup more than any team i have ever seen.
    if you look back at the teams you had to beat, it is quite ridiculous
    spurs, coventry liverpool, everton, wigan, hull - i don't think i've ever seen a harder road to the trophy tbh.
    respect.
    He's a Chelsea fan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, i somewhat agree - i suppose you are more likely to remember the exciting, comeback games, however that doesn't protect you from criticism of a poor perfromance.
    however as you said, a win is a win, and a cup is a cup.

not really any need for that last part.
    to seriously think we will drop below chelsea, arsenal, everton, spurs and united in one season is ridiculous.
    i admit it isn't impossible (re: our decline and united's most recent mess up), but you can see that we are improving under rodgers
    we aren't losing key players (as far as i know) and we aren't losing our manager, so if i'm honest, you're the one that sounds a little bitter

clearly you're scared that liverpool are beginning to eclipse arsenal.
    not saying that have, but there's a definite fear of it in arsenal (and even to a small extent, chelsea) fans

Weird as it sounds and as much as I truly despise liverpoo, I'll agree with you on the fact you won't have a glorious plumet back down to 7th in similar fashion to United.

It's clear Everton lacking funds will certainly not get Lukaku back, who bagged them a bunch of wins last season and If delafao doesn't get a chance at Barcelona next year I'll be a little concerned if I were him. So that's them out of the question, Man United again I think they really needed to stick to a manager. Even though Moyes was awful and they should have brought LVG in the beginning it is basically another transition and building up from the bottom all over again. Massive risk if they decide to spend 100mill+ and still fail to reach top four which I fully expect them to do in such a volatile state + the chairman seemingly deciding it's Football manager in terms of who he can sign will ruin them for a few seasons to come.

Finally Tottenham, now this is a very weird one because If (and I hope he doesn't) De Boer becomes their manager I can see them doing some amazing things next season, personally rate him in the top 3 up and coming coaches (Ahead of the likes of Martinez, Pep and Neil Lennon). With spurs damn good youth system (Yes they have a good youth system I don't care if you're an arsenal fan it's just simply true unfortunately) which I reckon he could easily exploit and make them flourish in the league (In particular the likes of Tom Carrol), He has a philosophy that spurs imo would fit perfectly into plus I see him bringing in at least 2 Ajax players. However if they don't get him (and him specifically) I can't see them mounting a realistic challenge for fourth.

If liverpool buy a bloody left back and a center back then they'll be up there again, but essentially I see the only team challenging for fourth is Tottenham external to the current top 4 if they get the right manager.

I still think Chelsea will win the League regardless though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    He's a Chelsea fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    your i know that, i wasn't talking to iso except for the "i concur bit"
    silly:cool:

but yeah, sorry for being so "typical liverpool fan" about it
    i suppose i'm just annoyed that even though we had a great season, essentially we come away with no silverware.
    so when you guys haven't been "awesome", more or less as a direct result of multiple injuries, i just get frustrated that you still beat us on the trophy count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    If arsenal want to win the cl they need the following:

Lb
    Cb
    Cm
    Lw
    CF
    Manager

They are some way off the top teams atm and I think a madrid arsenal tie for example could get ugly and be a 6 or 7-0 at the bernabeau
    Madrid arsenal tie would be so jokes man. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Madrid arsenal tie would be so jokes man. :sogood:

Nightmare match that, possession based team which can be completely ****ed on the counter. We'd lose 12-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy on a wim)
    Weird as it sounds and as much as I truly despise liverpoo, I'll agree with you on the fact you won't have a glorious plumet back down to 7th in similar fashion to United.

It's clear Everton lacking funds will certainly not get Lukaku back, who bagged them a bunch of wins last season and If delafao doesn't get a chance at Barcelona next year I'll be a little concerned if I were him. So that's them out of the question, Man United again I think they really needed to stick to a manager. Even though Moyes was awful and they should have brought LVG in the beginning it is basically another transition and building up from the bottom all over again. Massive risk if they decide to spend 100mill+ and still fail to reach top four which I fully expect them to do in such a volatile state + the chairman seemingly deciding it's Football manager in terms of who he can sign will ruin them for a few seasons to come.

Finally Tottenham, now this is a very weird one because If (and I hope he doesn't) De Boer becomes their manager I can see them doing some amazing things next season, personally rate him in the top 3 up and coming coaches (Ahead of the likes of Martinez, Pep and Neil Lennon). With spurs damn good youth system (Yes they have a good youth system I don't care if you're an arsenal fan it's just simply true unfortunately) which I reckon he could easily exploit and make them flourish in the league, He has a philosophy that spurs imo would fit perfectly into plus I see him bringing in at least 2 Ajax players. However if they don't get him (and him specifically) I can't see them mounting a realistic challenge for fourth.

If liverpool a bloody left back and a center back then they'll be up there again, but essentially I see the only team challenging for fourth is Tottenham external to the current top 4 if they get the right manager.

I still think Chelsea will win the League regardless though.
    we're actually agreeing on something!:danceboy:

you're right, everton will probably lose their top loanees, so another massive top 4 challenge will be hard
    like you said, i don't think united will gel really well in one season, but they could still be challenging for top 4 regardless.

i would be surprised if spurs got such a good manager, but if they did i would be worried
    but spurs always seem to be all talk with their apparent player quality, but then they just totally underperform.

we'll definitely buy a full back or two, along with a new CB
    we're also going for a midfielder and/or extra winger
    we are definitely improving - we will have more games, but our team next year will only be stronger.

honestly, i don't think there will be any change in the current top 4.
    i think chelsea will win the league if they buy a top striker
    city have the players but they just don't have the same level of manager than should be making them walk the league.
    liverpool will probably slip to 3rd ahead of arsenal, but it all depends on how we cope with CL

it's gonna be a fun season; more interesting than this one tbh because there is so much expectation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Nightmare match that, possession based team which can be completely ****ed on the counter. We'd lose 12-0
    mate, with our current defence, we'd lose 19-6.

ReputationRep:
    mate, with our current defence, we'd lose 19-6.
    Nah you'd score more, it'd be more like 19-16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Nah you'd score more, it'd be more like 19-16
    Would you rather work so hard and score 16 goals to still go out 19-16, or just give up, not try hard and lose 12-0?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Do you have the statistics to back that up because I'm 99% sure that's wrong

edit: yep as I suspected 12 less apps than last season and 9 less than the season before when he was injured for 4 months and I'm also sure he had a lot of apps off the bench in the previous 2 seasons criminally overplayed no wonder he was injured I think wenger even admitted this
    I believe he played 23 matches until he got injured. That was right in the middle of the season so if we are going by matches played then he was on course to play around the same amount of matches as his previous two season's

ReputationRep:
    https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E586B...OFPhF6Qi.nv_it

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear God...

ReputationRep:
    Just got back home. What a day it's been :moon:

ReputationRep:

hahahahahaha, that's even funnier than the fact that we were 2-0 down to Hull in 8mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I believe he played 23 matches until he got injured. That was right in the middle of the season so if we are going by matches played then he was on course to play around the same amount of matches as his previous two season's
    That is incorrect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

- Gutted I wont be in london for the celebrations, had to leave on friday, and wont be back a while due to taking a job in liverpool of all places
    Least you're not lying that you're not going to london for the trophy celebrations.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.