Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    neither are jews from what we have seen and continue to see
    No. Israel is a functioning democracy you have muslims in its government, "Palestinians" were allowed to protest in Tel aviv and enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

Islam is hardly tolerable to non muslims. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Not sure what you mean? My post gave figures for Gaza and Glasgow :confused:
    Given the fact that a lot of civilians have been killed by the Israeli's, one would assume the life expectancy to decrease, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)
    Well, personally, I would want Israel to win since they are democratic and far more liberal than Hamas. It's against my moral principles to support an militant group that does not respect either. That doesnt mean I wish for Palestinians to die, or that Israel is free from criticism (bombing children on a beach is one deplorable act)

I have no sympathy for Hamas. War is never fair, its not meant to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look I dont support Hamas, but that is all people talk about and forget about the Palestinian suffering. Hamas would agree to a cease fire if the blockade is lifted. Israel does not help its self.

Also I worry how "liberal" Israel really is there are many articals says how Israli's are the most racist people on earth, mandator enrolement into the IDF treatment of arabs as 2nd class citizens ect. you would not see that in the UK.

However, I do admire your concern for human life.

ReputationRep:
    All modern militaries have ammunition counts. They don't publish it usually, but they still have them. The British Army did for Iraq, if you dig around you will find it.

And what question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where is this running tally of how many missiles/shells Israel has used on Gaza?

Let us compare who has used more munitions in this conflict...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=merrill;49012422]30 000 rockets fired at Israel. If they didn't have the iron dome, there would be far more dead Israeli civilians.

Iron dome's effectiveness is disputed by many military experts. Whilst Israel is happy to give statistics about the effectiveness, they (the experts) suggest that it is more like 5-10% sucessful which puts the hamas rockets into perspective; surely their rockets are useless otherwise there certainly would be more israeli deaths.
    Sources include: Huffington Post and Al Jazeera (albeit fairly biased)

Anyway the blockade means that Israel can decide what goes in and out meaning they could easily dismiss essentials which i am certain they do. What gives Israel the right to control another country even if zionist illegal expansion has effectively cut Palestine in half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    No. Israel is a functioning democracy you have muslims in its government, "Palestinians" were allowed to protest in Tel aviv and enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

This tolerability is a farce just like the zionist leaders of our world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)

jews are killing children and targeting UN compounds as we speak.

You can't just say muslims are bad when you have jews who stole arab land just killed nearly 2000 arabs in 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Lol at you clowns condoning a genocide.

I hope one day you have to go through a time where your family will be slaughtered in front of your very eyes whilst people sit and watch.

You guys are a disgrace to this world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Thats what I mean they have siberia can hide out there. But we all die in a nuclear winter so good we didn't.
    You can't hide a couple of thousand people in Siberia givien the advanced satellites we have, never mind a few hundred million. Then you have to supply and feed them. Russia would lose everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Not sure what you mean? My post gave figures for Gaza and Glasgow :confused:

I don't recall such a flotilla. Do you have a source?

How is it going reconciling your vision of Gaza as a place full of starving people with the facts and pictures I have posted?
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/arn...et-sail-again/

Read the part about the Naval blockade of Gaza, these same ships are used to kill children playing on the beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Perhaps your ire should be directed at Hamas who decided to use their own people as shields for their armaments.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehd...b_5624401.html
    No 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarah01)
    This tolerability is a farce just like the zionist leaders of our world

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha you love conspiracy stories on youtube. Clever girl, have a biscuit.

(Original post by golden tribe)
    jews are killing children and targeting UN compounds as we speak.

You can't just say muslims are bad when you have jews who stole arab land just killed nearly 2000 arabs in 3 weeks
    Muslims kill that many in a day, globally lol. Jews never stole anything. You could say the same about the USA and red indians. When will you people learn?!

ReputationRep:
    You can't hide a couple of thousand people in Siberia givien the advanced satellites we have, never mind a few hundred million. Then you have to supply and feed them. Russia would lose everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was saying more like living off the grid. But dont worry too much. if it does come to that we are all dead anyway from the fallout.

ReputationRep:
    Look I dont support Hamas, but that is all people talk about and forget about the Palestinian suffering. Hamas would agree to a cease fire if the blockade is lifted. Israel does not help its self.

Also I worry how "liberal" Israel really is there are many articals says how Israli's are the most racist people on earth, mandator enrolement into the IDF treatment of arabs as 2nd class citizens ect. you would not see that in the UK.

However, I do admire your concern for human life.
    Ive seen articles thaf are contray to that stereotype. Look up WWYD Israel on youtube as a video example.

Both Hamas and Israel, unfortunately, have no intention to stop the fighting. Hamas gives impossible demands, whilst Israel wont stop until every tunnel is destroyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    They sent plenty of martyrs back to allah lol
    And yet, they did not think about their own.

Ironic...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't help if you kill the muslims that live on your land, treat them lke 2nd class citizens and bomb Gaza. Israel can improve relations but decides violence is the best option.
    That's the crux of it, isn't it? They don't want them there and never have. Just like the Arabs and Iran don't want Israel there.

As for being second class - that sucks, but it's not like they're worse off in Gaza than they would be as regular citizens of Jordan or Syria.

Do they use violence? Absolutely. Is it wrong? Usually. But ask yourself where the choices are. Hamas is committed to destroying Israel, and the way to do that is to entice the Israelis into killing as many Palestinians as possible, and hopefully triggering a war.

What Arabs, Iranians, and the so-called world-wide brotherhood of Muslims hate so much is that Israel plays hardball. You mess with them, they put you down. They're not like Europeans or the UN who have dialogue and sanctions and meetings - they will just go out and knock you out and drag you out. Arabs aren't used to that. Arabs are used to pushing, posturing and doing all the agitating without actually getting beated down - hence the shock that Saddam Hussein experienced in both Gulf Wars.

Probably the same reason they hate the Americans so much. They want to cause trouble and talk big without having to prove it.

Is it a good thing? Not really. It is what it is. As a region, everyone is messed up. The ordinary people of Israel and Gaza don't want to bomb or be bombed, but there are enough people there who are going to fire rockets and fire artillery and fast jets that there's never going to be a resolution. Everytime peace gets close, someone will be ready to launch a rocket or car bomb, or build a new illegal settlement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Where is this running tally of how many missiles/shells Israel has used on Gaza?

Let us compare who has used more munitions in this conflict...
    I never said they were published, and I can't be bothered finding out if they have been. But all militaries carry out ammunition counts, more for logistical benefit than for journalists.

Source? I do it myself, im an reservist officer. Then I pass it up the chain of command.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen articles thaf are contray to that stereotype. Look up WWYD Israel on youtube as a video example.

Both Hamas and Israel, unfortunately, have no intention to stop the fighting. Hamas gives impossible demands, whilst Israel wont stop until every tunnel is destroyed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you do agree with my other comments that Israel is not really that liberal.

Tbh hamas has nothing it is just fighting now to defy Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BismaKhan)
    Lol at you clowns condoning a genocide.

I hope one day you have to go through a time where your family will be slaughtered in front of your very eyes whilst people sit and watch.

You guys are a disgrace to this world.
    By protecting those who support Hitler's actions, you too are supporting the genocide of millions of Jews.

I really do understand that these people have the right to be angry, however they do not then have the right to preach hate speech in the street. Hitler was an evil human being and they are supporting him and therefore his actions.

Do you think what Hitler did was a good thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarah01)
    This whole issue arises from zionist greed. Greed for land that they have no legal right to, power and the death of islam. They won't be successful in any of these endeavours in the end, that i assure you.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What, exactly, does this have to do with Islam other than the fact that Hamas are using it to justify attacking Israel? Israel dislike Arabs as a whole, seemingly no matter their religion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.