Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightAl96)
    What do you guys think the A grade boundary will be?
    66-68 :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    I talk about receptors and proteins being damagaed loooooool AS IFFFFF please tell my why im so stupid
    what do you think c will be out of 100 please
    Are you talking about the stroke question or the asthma drug question about receptors?
    I have no idea what a C will be ... I found the paper solid and quite hard but everyone else in my class thought it was a relatively easy and nice paper G R E A T.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgieshack)
    Did no one put meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 for the first question?? Because I'm such in the description above the question it said it was happening in the testes so it completely threw me!
    I did put meiosis 1 and 2 however I'm now not very confident it's right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nombo)
    here is one I started but it's rubbish, post 4577
    Ok gonna start an unofficial MS, add what you remember!

-What kind of division is 1 and 2?
    Mitosis (1) and meiosis (2)
    -What happens to DNA at A and B? I have NO IDEA but I put
    A: replication (1), B: division (1)
    -Genetic variation (9):
    prophase 1 crossing over and chiasmata, metaphase 1 independent assortment of chromosomes, prophase 2 ditto, metaphase 2 indpt assortment of chromatids. Mutations, random mating, not sure what else...
    -What are the bases? (1? 3? not sure on marks here)
    AAACTTC or something, 1 base repeated 3 times, 1 repeated twice? I think.
    -TAT complete (not sure on marks)
    TATTT[A]CC (again, not sure but I think it was TATTT then something and ended with CC?) Basically you had to copy the last few letters on the diagram but staggered
    -How do they sort the fragments of diff sizes? (3)
    I think it was electrophoresis but think there has been debate on this thread. Then describe electrophoresis
    -Describe the data with the black and white graph (4? 3?)
    I said black increases until 1922 or something then decreases, white is v low between certain years then increases, always fluctuates about 1500 FYI pretty sure this would only get one mark, probably had to compare black and white overall as well? idk
    -shooting thing is accurate, is it reliable? or something (3)
    I said accurate because it is a definite number but it doesn't tell you how many others were there
    -something about the wolves
    -factors before and after wolves introduces (7)
    I put biotic: predators, parasites, pathogens; abiotic: weather, prey, water. Should prob have put intra/interspec competition too. Then after the wolves are intro'd, predator-prey relationship...?
    -Bronchioles, how does the diameter reduce? (3?)
    Muscles are damaged? Cannot contract?
    -why does that mean they can't exhale easily? (1)
    not much force because...?
    -why does salperetol or something not work on 14%? (3?)
    because mutation means they do not have a gene that codes for the receptors so it has no effect on the cells
    -why does the other one work? (2)
    because the mutation might mean receptors for the other meds are made
    -is this experiment reliable? (1)
    Maybe they will accept either if they are well-justified and include: sample size, control

that's all I can remember, blacked out for the last questions it seems! Add add add
    The question about the graph specified the LIVE (so just the white) and you just needed to back it up with figures i'd imagine...
    For the DNA question i put replication and cytokinesis? Don't know if that's right!
    For the bronchioles i put that the C shaped ring of cartilage collapsed or was damaged but i don't know if bronchioles have cartilage hahaa help?
    Also there was a question on behaviours - i got reflex (pretty sure that was wrong idk) then the carrot flies was positive chemotaxis, there was something to do with sparrows (one was habituation) and there was one to do with a raccoon, which i thought was insight learning
    For the ones about the asthma medicine i'd imagine it would have maybe been a mark to say 'complementary shape'?
    Also the question about why you couldnt use the dead elk sampling method for the real one - help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexdonnelly)
    Are you talking about the stroke question or the asthma drug question about receptors?
    I have no idea what a C will be ... I found the paper solid and quite hard but everyone else in my class thought it was a relatively easy and nice paper G R E A T.
    lool due to high blood pressure loool good joke init? Yh same but i found it really hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daxen)
    I did put meiosis 1 and 2 however I'm now not very confident it's right...
    Same I put meiosis 1 & 2, but everyone else is giving different conflicting answers

ReputationRep:
    lool ha what did you put?
    Urm which question was this about testes lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry1996)
    Same I put meiosis 1 & 2, but everyone else is giving different conflicting answers
    didnt it say different? loool or was that another question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiefKeef)
    I Got stuck on the first question...
    Same, I didn't even know what the graphs were trying to show, when the hell have we done anything on measuring the mass of DNA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffyduck2)
    Urm which question was this about testes lol?
    yh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_21)
    Same, I didn't even know what the graphs were trying to show, when the hell have we done anything on measuring the mass of DNA.
    yh lool then 9 marker on variations?? is that like 4 QWC marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gh1290)
    For the question about the diameter of the bronchioles, did anyone write smooth muscle contracts to constrict the airway?? Or was the question asking what the drug does to the airway to stop the effects of asthma?? Ahhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put that...not sure though

ReputationRep:
    how did something elk an example of conservation
    It was why is the introduction of grey wolves conservation
    I wasnt sure i just said that it was maintaining biodiversity, and wolves had become extinct from that habitat so it was restoring the previous environment or something idk idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    Agree far too many obscure apply questions that needed as knowledge.

Main thing was the obscure nature of the questions.
    Exactly, half the time I didn't know which part of spec they were looking for. It seemed really unrelated to everything. That one about the elks, didn't really give enough information. Are we supposed to know what an elk is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia_21)
    exactly, half the time i didn't know which part of spec they were looking for. It seemed really unrelated to everything. That one about the elks, didn't really give enough information. Are we supposed to know what an elk is?
    and all the DISEASE RELATED qs wtf are we doctors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilenthia)
    I said prophase for A and Telophase for B. Is that ok? I said it because the mass of the cell increases during prophase when chromatin thickens and when spindle fibres and centrioles form. And in Telophase the cell separates into two cells so the mass of the new cell is half.....
    I don't know if it's right
    Would it be prophase or interphase? Quite a few people I know put the phase names too. I reckon eithers okay to be honest because it's not wrong and they weren't particularly specific with what they asked for.

ReputationRep:
    yh lool then 9 marker on variations?? is that like 4 QWC marks?
    Who knows how they came up with the markscheme and the questions. But it was really annoying, kept turning the pages and it was just continuously application Q's on random contexts.

ReputationRep:
    Why are only a few people complaining

Grade boundaries are gonna be high 60s for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanna get laid)
    Why are only a few people complaining

Grade boundaries are gonna be high 60s for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just because people say it was easy doesn't mean they wrote what the mark scheme says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouAgain)
    I put rejected lol .-. what did u put.
    For chi squared i think if the value is higher than the critical value you have to accept ? even though it didnt make sense? although im no good at maths so

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.