Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Quite cool how the optimistic the media are today. Probably because we're the only hope to go the furthest of the English teams in Europe this season.

I mean, appreciating Ozil? Since when?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Quite cool how the optimistic the media are today. Probably because we're the only hope to go the furthest of the English teams in Europe this season.

I mean, appreciating Ozil? Since when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're only setting the stage up for us to fail..

ReputationRep:
    Knew this would happen. Damned if you do, damned if you don't with Arsenal fans...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Yeah I was thinking this too. His link up with Ramsey in this game will play a huge part in us going through or not.

If they can produce a performance like they did vs Napoli at home last season then it should be a good game for us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We need to create space lots essentially or be intelligent and nifty on the edge of their box. Players like Santi, Ramsey Giroud and Ozil thrive doing these little flicks and burst runs in the final third. Let's hope it clicks this time round.

That Napoli performance was a complete masterclass. One of the most complete and comprehensive performances I've ever seen at the Emirates. Ranks up there with the 2-0 against Liverpool in 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We need to create space lots essentially or be intelligent and nifty on the edge of their box. Players like Santi, Ramsey Giroud and Ozil thrive doing these little flicks and burst runs in the final third. Let's hope it clicks this time round.

That Napoli performance was a complete masterclass. One of the most complete and comprehensive performances I've ever seen at the Emirates. Ranks up there with the 2-0 against Liverpool in 2013
    "There's the cut back, there's the chance..

And there's the opening goal!"

We made a really inform Napoli side look average. What a night.

See Giroud there? His run literally drags the two CBs with him and just put it on a plate for Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    Remember saying a while ago that the difference between Fabregas and Ozil (in terms of playmaking) is that Fabregas just does what Ozil did back in Spain, but does it faster. Ozil was so lethargic and didn't at all adapt to the speed or the PL and that's where where he suffered. His vision obviously didn't change, nor did his touch, it's just when he executes his passes that made a difference. By the time he would attempt the pass the opposition would read it and either barge him, tackle him or intercept his pass. Fabregas obviously adapted a lot quicker on his return to the PL because this is where he became the player he is today.

Since Ozil's come back he's bulked up a bit and has ran the most distance than any other Arsenal player. He's become a lot quicker at doing what he does which is why since his return he's created so many more chances than any other Arsenal player, almost double I think.

Ozil will get better and better IMO, will eventually become the best no. 10 in the league by a distance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I heart Ozil so much. He is basically the Prince of Arsenal to me.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3205341

for tonight

Guys do you reckon that the only reason why Monaco doesn't concede goals at home is because the opposition they play against in France aren't exactly...the most difficult to play? But then again they didn't concede much in the group stages so there's no hope.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Logolept)
    4-1; Giroud at least 2.
    I like this guy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hope for Giroud's sake that he has a good game.

ReputationRep:
    Make no mistake about it we are going out if you think we are going through you should go and live in DisneyLand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

for tonight

Guys do you reckon that the only reason why Monaco doesn't concede goals at home is because the opposition they play against in France aren't exactly...the most difficult to play? But then again they didn't concede much in the group stages so there's no hope.
    But they had the second weakest group in the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    Make no mistake about it we are going out if you think we are going through you should go and live in DisneyLand
    I would love to live in disneyland

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

for tonight

Makes sense but still you cant go a length of games that they have with barely conceding goals regardless of opposition quality. It's an amazing record tbh. Reckon you'll score 2 past them today with them grabbing a goal as consolation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Florida or Paris?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imagine going through and getting a chance to live on Disney Land

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProNoob)
    Florida or Paris?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Paris is called Disneyland. Florida is called Disneyworld.

ReputationRep:
    Love to go back to Disneyland.

We're going out tonight anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey not starting, tie over.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    #Arsenal team to play Monaco: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Welbeck, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Chambers, Ramsey, Flamini, Walcott

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.