Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone improved by practicing because I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm putting all my faith into good luck on the day, mine is a week away and I'm so worried about getting a bad score because I just don't have good GCSEs to fall back on and I'm not doing BMAT so my score determines if I apply this year or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Has anyone improved by practicing because I feel like I'm getting nowhere and I'm putting all my faith into good luck on the day, mine is a week away and I'm so worried about getting a bad score because I just don't have good GCSEs to fall back on and I'm not doing BMAT so my score determines if I apply this year or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you tried using medify? That's what I used for one week and it really helped me boost my score! The 1000Questions were too difficult to complete and the online UKCAT mock was also too challenging, I feel medify had the best representation of the actual exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I did mine last week and got
    VR 680
    QR 850
    AR 890
    Average 807
    Band 1

This will be alright to apply to Newcastle and Edinburgh right? Because Newcastle I believe base interview spots on the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jason Wong)
    Have you tried using medify? That's what I used for one week and it really helped me boost my score! The 1000Questions were too difficult to complete and the online UKCAT mock was also too challenging, I feel medify had the best representation of the actual exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had it for 3 weeks now but I haven't done their 3 mocks yet so not too sure on my score but I just know it's not that great lol I've finished all the stems apart from AR which I'm doing rn. Yeah I tried 1000q but so hard, would you say the VR is similar in that book to the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon2305)
    Hey
    VR 680
    QR 850
    AR 890
    Average 807
    Band 1

This will be alright to apply to Newcastle and Edinburgh right? Because Newcastle I believe base interview spots on the UKCAT
    Congratulations... that's the highest I have seen yet. I'm on a 756 average with SJ band 2, and have got great feedback that it is very strong. You should be fine with both Edinburgh and Newcastle (UKCAT heavily weighted from my understanding)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!Ok so I'm so stressed about applying arghhh!!!At GCSE, I attained 10.5 a*s (including all core subjects) and 1 a in drama. In my as levels, I achieved AAAC, in biology, chemistry, religious studies and maths respectively.(I was really disappointed with my maths result as it used to be my best subject) I am continuing biology, chemistry and religious studies to A2, and I have been predicted a*a*a in these subjects. As as levels were not compulsory this year, (luckily) most units are no longer looking at as grades (like imperial, ucl etc) and they are my first 2 choices After sitting my ukcat during the summer, I achieved a mean score of 670 and band 2 in sjt. And now I need two more uckat units, but I want to apply tactically and because I did badly in my UCKAT could someone please recommend which units I'd most likely meet the criteria for?? Also I heard that this year the national average will be considerably lower so hopefully this will work in my favour!Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did the UKCAT last year and took two months to prepare, I was burned out by the time I got to the exam. IT was also at 8.30am.

This year I've taken it really easy with minimal resources (Medify, UKCAT Ninja, 1000Q book and the Kaplan book from last year). I'm much more confident this time and I believe I'm improving. My test is in 12 days so I'm doing a few hours a night now, starting my mocks tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    VR 680
    QR 850
    AR 890
    Average 807
    Band 1

did qr have loads of wordy questions or straight forward basic questions
    did ar have easy patterns such as number of sides, position, shade, shape,size etc.. or were they hard af

please reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower6)
    Cardiff and Birmingham are good options. Newcastle your UKCAT may be slightly too low. Liverpool is good, but they give the same score for A's and A*s. Because your GCSE's are excellent, you may be better applying to somewhere which gives A*'s more points than an A, such as Leicester, because essentially you will gain the same credit as someone with 9A's. Obviously if you really like Liverpool then apply. Your UKCAT, GCSE's and predicted grades are excellent so you have plenty of choices. By the way, your predicted grades are excellent for Exeter, they give interviews based on how many A* predictions as far as I am aware. I think you would have a very strong chance of an interview.
    Thank you so much for taking your time to reply! I'll stick with Cardiff and Birmingham, since Cardiff especially has been my favourite medical school I've visited so far.
    I thought so! Looking at previous minimum UKCAT requirements and advice from certain people, I didn't think my score would suffice for Newcastle.
    I did actually really like Liverpool, but I've been told that I should use my strong set of GCSEs to my advantage, so that perhaps should be something I should consider. I will certainly look into Exeter now you've mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking at getting a really high score, I'd be happy with 620+ to be honest but I have done 2 mocks on medify and averaged 597 for mock A and 600 for mock B.

Any tips on just boosting it a little more to get me over the 620 mark?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    VR 680
    QR 850
    AR 890
    Average 807
    Band 1

wow well done! any tips for the sections? What technique did you do for AR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    I did the UKCAT last year and took two months to prepare, I was burned out by the time I got to the exam. IT was also at 8.30am.

This year I've taken it really easy with minimal resources (Medify, UKCAT Ninja, 1000Q book and the Kaplan book from last year). I'm much more confident this time and I believe I'm improving. My test is in 12 days so I'm doing a few hours a night now, starting my mocks tomorrow.
    it's great you feel more confident this time round! Can I ask how long you've been revising for now? My test is in 2 weeks and I haven't started any prep yet and kinda freaking out 😬*

ReputationRep:
    how do we enter ukcat on ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    how do we enter ukcat on ucas?
    I believe that it is automatically sent to your chosen Uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcg)
    Congratulations... that's the highest I have seen yet. I'm on a 756 average with SJ band 2, and have got great feedback that it is very strong. You should be fine with both Edinburgh and Newcastle (UKCAT heavily weighted from my understanding)
    thanks! well done on your score
    and thanks yeah they are heavily weighted so hopefully this ukcat score should help my application hope yours is successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem;[url="tel:67579352")
    67579352[/url]]how do we enter ukcat on ucas?
    You won't need to. UKCAT will email you late september asking for your UCAS code. They will lforward your scores to your chosen universities (only to the ones that require it obviously)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how St. Andrews use UKCAT scores?
    I got 690 average, band 2 and I believe it is a bit risky to apply for quite a lot of unis...
    And I'm an international applicant so it make the situation even worse...

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone do during the decision making section?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain.Y)
    What did everyone do during the decision making section?
    Had a little nap because my test was at 8 am and I was sleepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap yaaah)
    Had a little nap because my test was at 8 am and I was sleepy
    Omg me too!!! 😂😂😂😂

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.