Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    They can't do swaps or changes after a certain date so then yes they have to wait till results day to put changes through the system. They won't be in a rush to release you from your obligation so I m afraid you ll have to hope they ll be quick about it.
    Do you think there's any point me ringing up my insurance tomorrow and asking to be released then or will they just tell me that they can't do anything till Thursday cause I'm likely gonna be in clearing and I'm very scared about the thought of potentially not getting into any uni if I have to wait for my insurance to release me ? Hello gap year lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    YES.
    Firm- A*AA
    Insurance- AAA
    Wish I'd chosen an AAB/ABB insurance now tbh as I'm probably going to end up in Clearing.
    Me EXACTLY. I'm in the same boat and now I think i'll miss both offers . But, if it's any consolation to anybody, one of my best friends actively chose not to have an insurance to fall back on - so I hope that makes everyone feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I was normal throughout the year!

I guess you're right, I did start a few projects but lost interest quick.
    I am addicted to a couple of games on my phone though

Yeah basically that. I've seen two official mark schemes too, so I'm almost certain of my grades in two units.
    where are the official mark schemes?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reexox)
    That's what I'm worried about too! I hoped to get it dealt with last week so I wouldn't be as stressed on Thursday but I've just got to wait and see now. Oh well.
    I'm really glad someone else is in the same situation as me . I'm not gonna meet my firm grades and given the popularity of the uni and the course I can see myself at my insurance but now I am convinced I will hate it there and that I wanna try my luck in clearing as I have a uni in mind I'd go to instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I wrote - propanone is in a large excess so its concertration is effectively constant so zero order with respect to propanone

rate = k(H+)
    Hopefully that is 2 marks?
    You may get a mark for saying its in excess but the point is rate defintion is CHANGE in concentration in unit time but concentration is constant so zero order? I think
    Good point - you are right with k[H+], that's on the unofficial mark scheme.

I think/hope that's one of few mistakes I made though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    I'm glad that you're at least getting more sleep than you did during exam season! I feel the same with the "m8 u failed" feeling, I've been having dreams of results day when I do eventually fall asleep where I just get U's You're right that I'm a FE fan, I'm just finishing the Birthright route for the first time so I'll have completed them all. I should try Lunatic though, (though I won't attempt it on Conquest right now.... Lord that route is difficult even on the easy setting - though I might just be a noob )I take it you've played FE14 too? If so, what did you think of it?
    I've too had a dream regarding my results - whilst I am very nervous, like most people here, the dream was positive. In the dream, I managed to get all As. Nothing more than a useless omen if anything and we'll see in the nights to come if it continues, and if eventually turns the other way around, but I refuse to get complacent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Do you think there's any point me ringing up my insurance tomorrow and asking to be released then or will they just tell me that they can't do anything till Thursday cause I'm likely gonna be in clearing and I'm very scared about the thought of potentially not getting into any uni if I have to wait for my insurance to release me ? Hello gap year lmao
    Not much of a point if you ve already spoken to them before. You re effectively creating more work for them asking to be let out of your obligation so I m afraid you ll just have to keep your fingers crossed that they ll be quick about it, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaine)
    I've too had a dream regarding my results - whilst I am very nervous, like most people here, the dream was positive. In the dream, I managed to get all As. Nothing more than a useless omen if anything and we'll see in the nights to come if it continues, and if eventually turns the other way around, but I refuse to get complacent.
    I had nightmares 4 days in a row about me failing so I sometimes think my fate is decided now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    Good point - you are right with k[H+], that's on the unofficial mark scheme.

I think/hope that's one of few mistakes I made though.
    I think anything above 74 will be an A - so if you got most of it you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Not much of a point if you ve already spoken to them before. You re effectively creating more work for them asking to be let out of your obligation so I m afraid you ll just have to keep your fingers crossed that they ll be quick about it, sorry.
    Thanks for the advice ; I'll try tomorrow and see what they say but I guess I'm gonna have to consider taking a year out seeing how quick clearing places go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I think anything above 74 will be an A - so if you got most of it you should be fine
    I'm hoping for an A* but my ISA was A/B borderline apparently. So I need to make up at least 6 UMS over 108 from the papers. Not sure I've done it, but I bloody hope so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Thanks for the advice ; I'll try tomorrow and see what they say but I guess I'm gonna have to consider taking a year out seeing how quick clearing places go
    Depends what subject it is, some go in the first few hours but some take days to fill. Just be prepared to act quickly when you can, worst case scenario one year of your life waiting is better than a rushed decision that you regret.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems
    I love fire emblem!!! But I prefer monster hunter :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl :D)
    is there anyone else that will NOT be checking track first
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    I love fire emblem!!! But I prefer monster hunter :P
    Admittedly I've never played MH I usually stick with one offs or franchises I've grown up around...maybe I should expand

ReputationRep:
    Anybody do Edexcel History- Kaiser to Fuhrer?

(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Anybody do Edexcel History- Kaiser to Fuhrer?
    I did!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what subject it is, some go in the first few hours but some take days to fill. Just be prepared to act quickly when you can, worst case scenario one year of your life waiting is better than a rushed decision that you regret.
    The course is quite popular and the uni is a Russel group and I don't have any other backup unis that I would happily apply to so it's either get in to That one or don't go at all but I guess a gap year wouldn't be that bad like so many people have to retake things and applying again would take up time anyways and seeing as I think I'm gonna get equivalent grades for my firms's offer I guess I could try and apply there again ahaha ; gosh this uncertainty is killing me

(Original post by zoex101)
    oh dear!!! =( Id say hey future course mate but im not quite sure if i'm getting in at the moment how about leniency with equivalent grades, what's the chances of me being let in with A*BB?

Do you think you've met the offer?
    Same to you haha!

Idk if Birmingham does the kind of grade equivalent stuff for results and offers but i would have thought they would.. what did they offer you??

I honestly can't tell, they needed ABB from me which i did think i could make/exceed but atm i'm being pessimistic so as to not avoid disappointment if i don't get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    I did!
    sweeet! How did you find it, can you remember which questions you did?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.