The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because it was unnecessary to increase the trauma of the operation. They only take the ones your born with out if they're making you sick, which is usually caused by infection.
Original post by ColossalAtom
Because it was unnecessary to increase the trauma of the operation. They only take the ones your born with out if they're making you sick, which is usually caused by infection.

:lolwut: You actually have 3 kidneys?? Where did they put it in your body?
Original post by mr T 999
:lolwut: You actually have 3 kidneys?? Where did they put it in your body?

I think is like this:

Spoiler

Since my scar is on my right side.
I think is like this:

Spoiler

Since my scar is on my right side.

:zomg: Wow you actually 3 kidneys. Why do you need an extra kidney? Are your other kidneys not functioning properly?

Sorry if I'm asking these questions. I'm just curious as I never heard of someone having 3 kidneys before.

So did u have an infection..... That why they put another one? Thats making me super scared, i just had an infection n ended in hospital the other night.... Omg :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:zomg: Wow you actually 3 kidneys. Why do you need an extra kidney? Are your other kidneys not functioning properly?

Sorry if I'm asking these questions. I'm just curious as I never heard of someone having 3 kidneys before.

Same i am curious too, ive heard poeple having 1 kidneys when the other one doesnt work, but 3?
I wanna know:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ones I was born with are functioning at a very low rate.

Original post by mediaya
So did u have an infection..... That why they put another one? Thats making me super scared, i just had an infection n ended in hospital the other night.... Omg :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't have an infection, they just stop working at a normal rate. I was born with congenital dysplatic kidneys, which I never knew until symptoms of kidney failure show. Which explains why I have high frequency hearing impairment since I was born. My consultant said when you're being developed, your kidneys and sense of hearing is developed at the same time.

Original post by mediaya
Same i am curious too, ive heard poeple having 1 kidneys when the other one doesnt work, but 3?
I wanna know:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

People with 1 kidney are the donors, they can live on the one they were born with. That's why some people donate a kidney to save a friend or a family's life.

I didn't have an infection, they just stop working at a normal rate. I was born with congenital dysplatic kidneys, which I never knew until symptoms of kidney failure show. Which explains why I have high frequency hearing impairment since I was born. My consultant said when you're being developed, your kidneys and sense of hearing is developed at the same time.

People with 1 kidney are the donors, they can live on the one they were born with. That's why some people donate a kidney to save a friend or a family's life.

Oooh i get it, what were the symptoms, just want to know, how did they confirm?
I didnt know kidneys n hearing was somehow connected like that!

Oh right thanks!
Thanks, hope ur fine now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you're fortunate. And yes, that pic was informative. :biggrin: Glad to know you're awesome now :biggrin: And have something more than the rest of us: A kidney! Have a good day (whatevs left of it, anyway :lol: )
Tired as usual.
Original post by mediaya

Oh right thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

While on the topics of organs. Did you know you can survive with only 1 lung!
Original post by Salamandastron
Tired as usual.

:hugs:
Original post by Salamandastron
Tired as usual.

I worked out that you and ANONYMOUS were the same person by the way (I won't actually say it to protect your anonymity on here :tongue:). You never actually told me though haha.

Damn! At least you can feel special now since you have 3 kidneys now lol :wink:
While on the topics of organs. Did you know you can survive with only 1 lung!

Naaah, lol i didnt know, r u sure tho? But is not harder with one kidney/lung?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya

Oh right thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I had the gout. The joint on my left big toe was swollen. It was so painful that the idea of trying to put on socks is unbearable.
I probably had high levels of potassium, phosphate and possibly sodium in my blood.
breathing difficulties :sad:
Original post by fatima1998
breathing difficulties :sad:
Aw, have you got Asthma?
Original post by hamza772000
Aw, have you got Asthma?

nope luckily, but dunno why i am having some issues today :redface:
I think I had the gout. The joint on my left big toe was swollen. It was so painful that the idea of trying to put on socks is unbearable.
I probably had high levels of potassium, phosphate and possibly sodium in my blood.

Aww wow, thats pretty awful, i see!
Oh k, so they did ur blood test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest