The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BWCW
Free from EPQ! Finally submitted mine. :woo:

Now just have to wait until results in March... I'll actually be really gutted if it's less than an B, since I spent so much time on it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines being submitted tomorrow after I sign some papers, im excited :biggrin:
Im sure youll get higher than a B! Did your teachers mark yours at a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm quite stuck on the literature review; could someone tell me what are you suppose to include in it? I was told it really suppose to be a critical analysis of your sources, but can you include your points in it and can you actually review your sources in a seperate document?
Reply 4642
Original post by Kay(:
Mines being submitted tomorrow after I sign some papers, im excited :biggrin:
Im sure youll get higher than a B! Did your teachers mark yours at a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, well done! What was yours on? :smile:

I bloody hope so. :redface: I have no idea what my teacher marked it to be honest, but I think it was at least a B. Fingers crossed!
Original post by BWCW
Ooh, well done! What was yours on? :smile:

I bloody hope so. :redface: I have no idea what my teacher marked it to be honest, but I think it was at least a B. Fingers crossed!

Let me know how it goes :smile:?

Mine was on whether OCD is psychological or biological and which form of treatment is the most successful :smile:. Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4644
Original post by Kay(:
Let me know how it goes :smile:?

Mine was on whether OCD is psychological or biological and which form of treatment is the most successful :smile:. Yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, sure will! Keep me in the loop too :biggrin:

Ooh, sounds good! Are you doing Psychology? :wink:

Mine was on South Korean pop culture and soft power... heh... probably only interesting to me! :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BWCW
Yes, sure will! Keep me in the loop too :biggrin:

Ooh, sounds good! Are you doing Psychology? :wink:

Mine was on South Korean pop culture and soft power... heh... probably only interesting to me! :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do :smile: hoping mine doesn't change by the evil markers!

Yes I am :smile: and applied for it at uni!

Sounds interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4646
Just out of curiosity when you guys have been doing EPQs have you had small group/individual meetings with a supervisor related in some way to your topic, or have you been in proper timetabled classes of like 20-25 EPQ students with a supervisor who supervises everyone across 2 classes?
Original post by Marfyy
Just out of curiosity when you guys have been doing EPQs have you had small group/individual meetings with a supervisor related in some way to your topic, or have you been in proper timetabled classes of like 20-25 EPQ students with a supervisor who supervises everyone across 2 classes?

At my school there is a proper timetabled class once a week but you don't have to turn up unless you need to ask something/sort something out with the supervisor. But you can also book an appointment with him any time you like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got marked an A*
Got a B, few marks off an A.

Not happy but that's exam boards for you isn't it? They mark down coursework to try and avoid A* surplus.
I was marked an A*

Not happy but that's exam boards for you isn't it? They mark down coursework to try and avoid A* surplus.

EDIT: Forum did a wobbly, sorry for double post.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AboveTheLine
Got marked an A*

This worries me.. mines being sent off tomorrow, really dont want my grade to be put down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
This worries me.. mines being sent off tomorrow, really dont want my grade to be put down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being sent off already? Is this the edexcel exam board?
Reply 4652
Original post by AboveTheLine
Got marked an A*

Your EPQ got marked already?! Thats fast! I thought they kinda moderate it, but keep results incognito until summer?
Original post by Jaydude
Being sent off already? Is this the edexcel exam board?

Yeah. I completed mine over the summer holidays so it was done ages ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
Your EPQ got marked already?! Thats fast! I thought they kinda moderate it, but keep results incognito until summer?

Not fast at all? I completed mine in October. AQA released the results as part of the Jan 2014 series today.
Just got my final grade back from AQA!

A*!!!! I'm so happy about the fact my hard work paid off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4656
Original post by Bloxorus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile: What was it on?
I hope I'm in your position in March. :redface:
Reply 4657
So, I thought I might show off a little bit of progress from my particular project. I'm building a text-based video game set in a sci-fi world. The game is called Welcome to Vendalin, and is coming on in leaps and bounds!

I'd love to hear what you make of this quick demonstration of the inventory and storage area features, in the form of a .gif image. :biggrin: http://i.imgur.com/QtK0z46.gif
Original post by BWCW
Congrats! :smile: What was it on?
I hope I'm in your position in March. :redface:

Thanks! :biggrin:

It was an economic assessment of the minimum price for alcohol which has recently been in the news, it got very dull but the examiner obviously liked it :smile:
Original post by Bloxorus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bah.

Congrats and all but I feel like I was robbed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending