This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
:hugs:

Not too well. I've missed a lot of uni this term, but I'm hoping to go back at the weekend/beginning of next week. They have been understanding because of my mum and stuff, and one person knows that I struggled to come off Efexor. I'm going to go to the doctors on Friday. I think I might go back on Citalopram to help with my anxiety. Is Efexor helping you? I hope so. I realise it does help some people.

What are your plans for Christmas? Do you have much work to do over the holidays?
It's helped me a lot, but I think I'm just lucky in that respect. Unfortunately, it seems to have a really bad effect on a lot of people. I really hope you get onto the right medication (and therapy) for you. Is the anxiety a bigger problem than the depression at the moment?
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
It's helped me a lot, but I think I'm just lucky in that respect. Unfortunately, it seems to have a really bad effect on a lot of people. I really hope you get onto the right medication (and therapy) for you. Is the anxiety a bigger problem than the depression at the moment?
I would say they are about the same. The only reason it's more noticeable, is because every medication I have been on has helped with anxiety, to some extent. Also, I came off valium rather abruptly, which is supposed to be like alcohol withdrawal. Thank you, I hope so too. The fact that you've found one that works is really encouraging. It's just difficult finding the 'right' one.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
No offence, but it's hard for depressed people not to depress people. Though I wouldn't like to think that I always depress people :indiff: I tend to hide in my room when I know I'm going to have a bad impact on others, which isn't always a good idea, as other people tend to cheer me up. I went downstairs when I felt like utter crap the other week. I'm so glad I did. We stayed up all night, drank tea, ate toast and laughed about the silliest of things. Although, to begin with, it was forced laughter, they did actually make me laugh in the end, which was surprising. I told them how I used to hold my sleeve over my nose when I was talking, 'cos I used to think I had a piggy nose. One girl said it made me look like an elephant, which made me giggle.

Thank you so much Laus (You know what) I really appreciate it :hugs:

And you dont depress people, you make me feel really good xxx
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've suffered from anxiety- my symptoms have come back a bit recently, i've been really tense constantly, over-worried, and finding myself getting just a bit panicky from time to time, not had an attack- thank god. Does anxiety/depression come together?
I found hypnotherepy worked SO well for me
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Thank you so much Laus (You know what) I really appreciate it :hugs:

And you dont depress people, you make me feel really good xxx

Its good to have a place to come and moan, we all support each other yeah?
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
Its good to have a place to come and moan, we all support each other yeah?
Yep, I think we all support each other. Do you?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've suffered from anxiety- my symptoms have come back a bit recently, i've been really tense constantly, over-worried, and finding myself getting just a bit panicky from time to time, not had an attack- thank god. Does anxiety/depression come together?
I found hypnotherepy worked SO well for me
Sometimes yes, othertimes no.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Yep, I think we all support each other. Do you?

lol i'd like to think so- hence why i told you all bout the loss...*sigh* i just wish it hadn't been put on the backroom, those people think im a troll :p: Wasn't nice to see it being laughed about- my fault i guess
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I miss the backroom, sometimes. Perhaps there should be a moaning society? As I think there's a difference. Although I suspect people moan in most threads, whatever the subject matter/issue.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I miss the backroom, sometimes. Perhaps there should be a moaning society? As I think there's a difference. Although I suspect people moan in most threads, whatever the subject matter/issue.

i think there is one!

its ok- bit *****y though
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Perhaps because I mentioned it. I was told it was a really great antidepressant and, seeing as Cit and Sert only combated my anxiety, I thought I'd have better luck with a drug that combats more than one hormone. Obviously I was wrong.
paxil killed my anxiety dead...which i thought was impossible. do you have anything to lose by trying it?
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol i'd like to think so- hence why i told you all bout the loss...*sigh* i just wish it hadn't been put on the backroom, those people think im a troll :p: Wasn't nice to see it being laughed about- my fault i guess
Im glad you told us, we can give help you try and get through it then. I dont moan I hope, just depressed
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
paxil killed my anxiety dead...which i thought was impossible. do you have anything to lose by trying it?
It changed my Dad's character for the worst - it made him aggressive. I don't want to risk that. I read that it can be a genetic thing I.e. I may react like he did.

I really want something that will help with both. It's tempting but I don't know if it's worth it. You've said in the past how much you hate it.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
It changed my Dad's character for the worst - it made him aggressive. I don't want to risk that. I read that it can be a genetic thing I.e. I may react like he did.

I really want something that will help with both. It's tempting but I don't know if it's worth it. You've said in the past how much you hate it.
you probably don't have that same brain chemistry. As an SSRI licensed for anxiety, it's surely worth a go.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
you probably don't have that same brain chemistry. As an SSRI licensed for anxiety, it's surely worth a go.
It's as hard to come off as Efexor (if not harder), and there's a higher risk of suicide. Those are my main concerns. If I knew anyone it had a positive impact on, then I might give it a go. I know it has eliminated your anxiety but you don't have clinical depression, so perhaps it works differently for you. Also, didn't it cause suicidal ideation at a higher dose? I took that risk on Efexor and I ended up acting like an idiot. My doctor even said they rarely prescribe it because of the negative feedback. Citalopram, Prozac or that other one you mentioned in an earlier post, seem like safer options.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Goodnight all

Little messages for everyone as Im bored:

Laura: You are amazing, you have really cheered me up and I thank you so much. I hope your mum is ok, my heart is out for you both.

Charlotte: Hunny, Stop texting me at this time and get to sleep lol, oh and clean your room. Na seriously everything will work out. You will find someone soon enough and things at home will become better aswell, its just re adjusting to new surroundings.

Anna: I wouldnt worry about what happened in the back room, we support each other and ill support you in anything you do and need.

Vapid: Hope our ok and feeling better today.

Have a goodnight all

xxxxxxxx
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Tried to PM you this, but I can sub you if you want. Only say no if you actually don't want to be in there, not because you don't want to cost me anything (I have a year left to run and will transfer some to you).
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Tried to PM you this, but I can sub you if you want. Only say no if you actually don't want to be in there, not because you don't want to cost me anything (I have a year left to run and will transfer some to you).
Hey Mike, thanks for that. My inbox is full :o:. I did try to sub myself twice but it wouldn't take my card, so I just gave up in the end. I wouldn't mind being a sub again, thanks though, obviously, I'd pay you back. I'll set up a paypal account or something and sub you when yours runs out. It would be nice to say 'ello to the backroomers.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Hey Mike, thanks for that. My inbox is full :o:. I did try to sub myself twice but it wouldn't take my card, so I just gave up in the end. I wouldn't mind being a sub again, thanks though, obviously, I'd pay you back. I'll set up a paypal account or something and sub you when yours runs out. It would be nice to say 'ello to the backroomers.
Okie dokie, will ask in AAM for a month to be transferred now.
Laus
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Okie dokie, will ask in AAM for a month to be transferred now.
:woo:

(Only if you're sure).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads