Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :football:

Regarding the above - I meant we can beat them on a good day in the sense that there isn't that much of a gap between us, not in the sense of 'there's technically a chance'. I wouldn't say we could beat Bayern on a good day, or Barca or Madrid - I'd think there would have to be either very specific circumstances (injuries, suspensions, particularly low morale or complacency a la Bayern last season) or we'd have to be pretty lucky (maybe I'm using the phrase wrong? ). I don't think the same would always be necessary for us to beat Juve over two legs. :dontknow:

Ceteris paribus, I'd usually expect a draw between us and Juventus, I think, with Juve having a somewhat better game. :beard: (This is without factoring in Tevez, Higuain, or anyone the two clubs might buy this window.) This is, of course, not a very realistic prediction at all and doesn't take into consideration the plethora of external factors that would affect a game; I'm just trying to suggest that the quality of the teams isn't that far apart.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I was taking the phrase in the sense of being capable of beating them, in certain circumstances. Realistic ones, not the completely freaky sort that would have Dagenham and Redbridge beating Barca. Now that I would pay to see

Think we're going to make many big name signings this window? I have friends who think so, but the idea of Arsenal making many of those seems so foreign to me! It would just be wierd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brownize)
    Its good and well saying this on paper but, serie A is clearly a different league and less competitive at that, including such different tactical approaches you can't say all there players will go on arsenal. Pirlo can't be on arsenal as we don't or any other prem team mainly rely on a deep lying playmaker. Would love Vidal. And there so called great defence doesn't match prem teams every week - which is known to have the most "star players".
    Yeah. With cazorla and wilshere they could get into the team, wilshere is probably as good as marchisio. Cazorla wouldn't fit the system so wouldn't play.

But everything else you said was nonsense. Have you ever heard of michael carrick and gareth barry, or frank lampard? Or just look at arteta who's your DLP to an extent. So teams in the prem rely on a DLP.

Star players. :rofl: is that supposed to validate your argument? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    nope
    Yes! We have representation! I was just surprised because most of the Arsenal fans I know are girls, and looking over the last few pages of posts I couldn't see any

(Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    Yeah, that makes sense. I was taking the phrase in the sense of being capable of beating them, in certain circumstances. Realistic ones, not the completely freaky sort that would have Dagenham and Redbridge beating Barca. Now that I would pay to see

Think we're going to make many big name signings this window? I have friends who think so, but the idea of Arsenal making many of those seems so foreign to me! It would just be wierd...
    Depends on what you mean by 'big' signings, I suppose, but in the general sense I wouldn't expect very many. :p: Higuain's looking likely at the moment, and a lot of people are saying Fellaini but I'm not so sure about that. :dontknow: I think it'll be two at most, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the one either!

ReputationRep:
    Were people actually comparing Arteta to Vidal? :lolwut:

(Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    Were people actually comparing Arteta to Vidal? :lolwut:
    Not seriously, I don't think... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I think next season the very very minimum we should expect is a Wembley appearance (either league cup final or FA cup semi), comfortably finish top 4 and a CL knockout round win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    I think next season the very very minimum we should expect is a Wembley appearance (either league cup final or FA cup semi), comfortably finish top 4 and a CL knockout round win.
    This but I would want us to actually win if we got to wembley. I can't go through that again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I wouldn't say there's too much daylight between Cazorla and Jack in comparison to Vidal. All in same 'tier' as Marchiso.

Yah..........
    :facepalm: JuBe have one of the best all rounded midfielders in Europe.
    You obviously don't watch or haven't watched any Serie A football last season. Vidal is a class above all of Arsenal's midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    :facepalm: JuBe have one of the best all rounded midfielders in Europe.
    You obviously don't watch or haven't watched any Serie A football last season. Vidal is a class above all of Arsenal's midfielders.
    Doesn't agree with me = Has never seen them play. Right. Got'cha

And calling them JuBe is actually cringeworthy

ReputationRep:
    I think some people in this thread are forgetting that Juve did NOT LOSE A SINGLE LEAGUE game last season and only conceded 20 goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerieA)
    I think some people in this thread are forgetting that Juve did NOT LOSE A SINGLE LEAGUE game last season and only conceded 20 goals
    They lost 5 games and conceded 24 goals.

EDIT: I heard Mertesacker will be new Arsenal Captain. Looks like Arteta wont have a solid place in the First 11

Source: opiniondan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    They lost 5 games and conceded 24 goals.

EDIT: I heard Mertesacker will be new Arsenal Captain. Looks like Arteta wont have a solid place in the First 11

The season before he means. This season was different, they walked the league anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Huge difference between saying 'she's hot' and discussing 'what we should be doing to her' imo. :nothing: Fyi that post's been removed and I'd request members to be a bit sensitive about how they phrase things.
    ''That girl is stunning, Id really like to...well I'd like to...take her out for Couscous on Upper St'' As heard every day of the week in Islington :rolleyes:

I really dont think biological urges are offensive. I wouldnt object to a girl getting wet over Cristiano Ronaldo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    Yes! We have representation! I was just surprised because most of the Arsenal fans I know are girls, and looking over the last few pages of posts I couldn't see any
    Haha, most of my girl mates that are into football are Arsenal fans too. I reckon Freddie Ljungberg has a lot to do with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

Would have liked Arteta to be captain but it doesnt seem as if he's going to play a big part so mertesacker would have been my second choice especially because of the immense season he had and how he was the leader of the back line (He got my vote for arsenal's player of the season and should have come top 3 IMO). Hopefully Mertesacker can keep playing well even with the added responsibilities of the armband.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter rumour currently circulating that Walcott headbutted Aaron Lennon in a nightclub in Las Vegas :lol::lol::lol:

ReputationRep:
    I love how half of the people here giving their opinions on Juventus have probably seen like 2 of their games in the last few months :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Haha, most of my girl mates that are into football are Arsenal fans too. I reckon Freddie Ljungberg has a lot to do with that

The next generation of gonnerettes will be even bigger

ReputationRep:
    Tevez to Juve and Ancelotti to Real. Djourou leaving making the number 20 shirt vacant. The only piece in the jigsaw remaining is Higuain to join.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.