Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Would like to offer my congratulations to Arsenal Football Club on yesterdays success. Much deserved.

It's been hard for Arsenal over the last few years. Teams like Chelsea and Manchester City moved the goalposts because they literally 'bought' success. Sure you have to have the right manager, players, formation, but it makes it a lot easier if you have an unlimited budget. Arsenal have been able to compete a bit more recently and its paid off. Well done Gunners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Would like to offer my congratulations to Arsenal Football Club on yesterdays success. Much deserved.

It's been hard for Arsenal over the last few years. Teams like Chelsea and Manchester City moved the goalposts because they literally 'bought' success. Sure you have to have the right manager, players, formation, but it makes it a lot easier if you have an unlimited budget. Arsenal have been able to compete a bit more recently and its paid off. Well done Gunners.
    Thank You Eboracum this was nice. I'll deffo rep this later on.

Honest to God though, how do you throw away a 2-0 lead? Most teams in an FA Cup Final would've killed for that lead by halftime.

ReputationRep:
    When we beat Reading people were like "Why are you acting like you've just won a trophy lol"

When we qualified for top 4 last season people were like "Why are you acting like you just won a trophy lol"

When we win the FA cup (a trophy) deservedly people are like "Why are you acting like you just won the CL"

Lmfao. Stay bitter.

ReputationRep:
    We Made it!

Name:  tumblr_n5qfi5YZBv1qjbs1co1_500.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  117.8 KB

It's often rare to win the title out of nowhere, usually you need a trophy like the FA cup to get our team back to winning ways, we have that platform now so it's upwards and onward.

Arsenal player of the season goes without saying.

ReputationRep:
    How do people feel about Wenger staying on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Pleased. What a beautiful man.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind just as long, as we spend some ****ing money. I hope we don't go back to these young players, I want to see the likes of Ozil, big big signings.

ReputationRep:
    I would be very disapointed if he didnt stay for another year...

Dont think there are any obvious replacements who are ready/willing to leave for arsenal at the moment, and it would seem a big shame for him to leave having just won hist first trophy again, and now having money to spend..

I definetly think he is coming to the end of his time at arsenal, but my preference would be another season or two, then bring in someone young with new ideas..

Mainly as I would love to see him round off his career with another league win... or even a CL, but that seems very unlikely

ReputationRep:
    http://sincespurslastwonatrophy.co.uk/ It has begun :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Cringeyyyy as ****

(Original post by Eboracum)

Cheers man, this day really feels weird since we haven't had rival fans praise us like this in 9 years :rolleyes:

(Original post by Kruz)
    Thank You Eboracum this was nice. I'll deffo rep this later on.

Honest to God though, how do you throw away a 2-0 lead? Most teams in an FA Cup Final would've killed for that lead by halftime.
    Wenger definitely had words with the team. Our whole stature completely changed during that second half and though it took a while to kick in, it looked like we were fighting for our lives. This is the type of Arsenal I wish we saw more often. Not just in the final quarter of the game but for the whole 90. We played like champions in the end and we fully deserved that trophy.

I think the guys past his time. How we played in the first half was inexcusable and it wasn't the first time it's happened this season. There are still a few serious gaps tactically for us or honestly I don't know what's wrong but I don't see him being here for too long. I won't mind if he stays another year as he deserves it but eventually we will need to find a long term replacement, hopefully some one of the same calibre and not a step down from Moyes.

Still though, I and everyone else feel like good things are going to come for the club and I have a feeling Wenger will look to strengthen quite well this season. Next season is only going to be better

ReputationRep:
    "So Arsenal beat a Hull team that bottled a 2-0 lead and all of a sudden Arsenal are a great team and Arsene Wenger is a legend again.

Whooptee doo... 1 trophy in 9 years doesn't make you a good manager, it just means you beat a mediocre team in a cup final that isn't half as meaningful now compared to the last time Arsenal won it!"
    Reference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27354148416.

raithroversfc2711

And thus, it has started :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Happy for him to stay until Klopp is willing to move from Dortmund.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Anyone at the parade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Anyone at the parade?
    Don't have any real Arsenal fan friends most of them are plastic :/

Would be kinda awkward on my ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moey3)
    "So Arsenal beat a Hull team that bottled a 2-0 lead and all of a sudden Arsenal are a great team and Arsene Wenger is a legend again.

Whooptee doo... 1 trophy in 9 years doesn't make you a good manager, it just means you beat a mediocre team in a cup final that isn't half as meaningful now compared to the last time Arsenal won it!"
    Reference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27354148416.

raithroversfc2711

And thus, it has started :rofl:
    Haha, the bitterness is real.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the Sagna situation. Why does he want to leave?

ReputationRep:
    £££££££

Or shall I be more accurate and say €€€€€€€

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Feels he deserves more money and a longer contract than we offered (we have a self-enforced 1/2 year contract limit on over 30y/o players which everyone wants Wenger to break).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    He's 31 and his contract has expired. We're not offering him the wages he demands for his next contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Haha, the bitterness is real.
    Well done to you guys. I don't really rate the FA cup though it's the kinda trophy you win because there's nothing else to win or a part of a treble/double. Stand alone it's basically a last resort.

I say that as a spoilt fan who has seen my club win it 3 times the past 6 years but honestly the way that FA cup final felt in 2012 when we won it was a warm up game/precursor. Even the players seemed more focused on the Bayern game.

Saying that you gotta start from somewhere.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.