The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got 91/100 on my Maths mock! Could've gotten at least 95 if I hadn't dropped stupid marks. Hopefully I'll get an A* over both papers :smile:
I'm intending to do LAW at university.
What AS-Level courses should i take? (Not Law)

WJEC aka Zero Resources Exam Board
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm doing Of Mice and Men and Animal Farm, but knowing the themes of each chapter/section really helps. Re-read the books minimum 2 times before the exam, knowing your way around the book can be a time saver! Whichever book is the 'optional' book where you don't talk about context despite it being a lit paper, the question will be based on a theme or character importance. Learn them all!

Okay, thanks! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steliata

I swear it is the worst exam board, with them for French :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try looking at the entry requirements for law degrees on university websites

with them for english. :frown:
If you're in a rural area look north. Apparently the Aurora is the strongest it's been in years.
Original post by AstroFonic
I'm intending to do LAW at university.
What AS-Level courses should i take? (Not Law)

There are no set requirements for law but you probably want essay subjects like history or english literature
If you're in a rural area look north. Apparently the Aurora is the strongest it's been in years.

That is if you're not enshrouded in fog.
Had my English mock today, went pretty decent i think :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
Had my English mock today, went pretty decent i think :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you guys doing your mocks so late? We did ours on january
Original post by weirdpersonnn
Why are you guys doing your mocks so late? We did ours on january

We had our first mock in December but we had another one now to see if we are improving:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm completely puzzled about my A-Levels.

I'm a science-y guy, and I'm aiming for some sort of engineering at a good University, so I'm currently definitely going to do the following:
Maths A2
Physics A2
The part that I'm stuck on is whether or not to do Further Maths with that, because I am not sure if I'm actually smart enough to do Further Maths A-Level, or even just to AS. I am currently predicted an A* at GCSE, but in my mock I got an A and have been doing badly in every other test, so I get B, A*, B, A*. This is really confusing me, because I don't know whether or not I'm smart enough to do Further Maths A-Level. I currently do Further Maths GCSE, but find it pretty hard, and am predicted an A.
My other 2 A-Levels that I'm thinking of doing are Electronics or Computing, but I have never studied either of them, and have no GCSEs for them. I really like the sound of Computing as I think ti would be cool to be able to code/program, and would be a handy skill for later life, and for Electronics, well, I think it looks pretty cool to be able to build the actual objects that surround us.
I'm only allowed to do 4 A-Levels, so what are the 2 best out of the 3 A-Levels that I have suggested for an Engineering focus? Or even suggest another A-Level that I could do instead of Computing/Electronics?
Anybody else applied for 5 alevels? I'm predicted to get 7a*s and 5as. What about you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4675
got my timetable! 22 exams here i come...

Posted from TSR Mobile
ffs there's everyone with all a's and a*'s and then there's me like Yep cool.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
got my timetable! 22 exams here i come...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! I have 29 exams :frown:
So worried about gcses omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
So worried about gcses omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown: Erghh im actually so scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest