Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Nice choices. I see a maths-y (wow that terminology tho...) theme.
    Yes, soon I'll see life completely in numbers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I hope mock went OK for you?
    They were ok. I know there will be a few results I'm not happy with, but hopefully that will give me a bit more motivation!

Before Christmas! :eek: Thank god that wasn't the case for me - only had a vague notion about my choices then.
    Is theatre studies like drama? (I have no clue) high five for english lit though!
    :five:
    Loads of people I know have changed their choices - some drastically (a few people have changed from all sciences to all arts/humantities :eek:) but I guess that's the school's problem for making us choose so soon.

Yes, just another name for it really. I think some call it drama and theatre studies, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx_xx_sarah)
    Aqa
    There is a channel on youtube called MrBruff which deals with AQA

ReputationRep:
    eeeeeee, who else has given in their sixth form choices?

Gave mine in today - felt like I was signing a death warrant or contract of some kind....
    Gave mine in, RS, English Language, History and Philosophy

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else feeling a bit swamped with coursework/controlled assesment? I swear I've never had to do this much throughout the entirety of year 10, and now it's all piling up when I'm supposed to be revising for mocks! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Yes, soon I'll see life completely in numbers
    09874282897398783927438 What does that mean?

()

(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    :five:
    Loads of people I know have changed their choices - some drastically (a few people have changed from all sciences to all arts/humantities :eek:) but I guess that's the school's problem for making us choose so soon.
    Yes, just another name for it really. I think some call it drama and theatre studies, so yeah.
    Almost feel like taking back my options now and changing them drastically - which is silly of me as I'm certain on my choices. Just getting cold feet I guess.

(Original post by j-pritchett)
    Gave mine in, RS, English Language, History and Philosophy
    Nice choices.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Is anyone else feeling a bit swamped with coursework/controlled assesment? I swear I've never had to do this much throughout the entirity of year 10, and now it's all piling up when I'm supposed to be revising for mocks! :eek:
    This.

But I'm supposed to be revising for the real things.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, new to this thread. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for French listening on the higher tier? I have just been put onto the higher tier and I could barely understand what the heck these people were saying! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    This.

But I'm supposed to be revising for the real things.
    I find coursework so boring and tedious - I'd probably have more revision done if it wasn't for that...
    It's not like I'm not interested, I just feel it gets repetitive after a while.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Abeh)
    Hey guys, new to this thread. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for French listening on the higher tier? I have just been put onto the higher tier and I could barely understand what the heck these people were saying! :rolleyes:
    I don't do French anymore but with listenings...

- Before: If you know what topic(s) the listening will/might be on look at vocab lists and try to learn some new vocabulary. This will help you understand some of... "what the heck these people are saying". :mmm:

- During: Before you start always take the time to look at the Qs.
    + I think you get two times to listen, right? :confused: If you do... I listen and try to fill in what I can understand during the first half. Then the second play is me confirming what I put and filling in the rest. Or... You could listen and not write during the first playing (mainly listening) and then fill in everything next. I think the latter of the two is a little risky tbh.

... AND FINALLY... Don't try to translate stuff word by word/literally. Practise listening and translating whole sections. (:

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I don't do French anymore but with listenings...

- Before: If you know what topic(s) the listening will/might be on look at vocab lists and try to learn some new vocabulary. This will help you understand some of... "what the heck these people are saying". :mmm:

- During: Before you start always take the time to look at the Qs.
    + I think you get two times to listen, right? :confused: If you do... I listen and try to fill in what I can understand during the first half. Then the second play is me confirming what I put and filling in the rest. Or... You could listen and not write during the first playing (mainly listening) and then fill in everything next. I think the latter of the two is a little risky tbh.

... AND FINALLY... Don't try to translate stuff word by word/literally. Practise listening and translating whole sections. (:

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, thanks
    To be honest I was going to learn the vocab anyway, and I already know the meanings a lot of common words, but it's just actually understanding what they are saying because they talk fast. Also the exam is usually made difficult using negatives/mentioning all the different options, and its hard to work out which is the correct one. That is mainly what throws me off, so I want to somehow practice listening and translating what it is they're actually saying, rather than just what things they mention (Not really sure how to do this though) .

Thanks for the advice though, the tips are handy!

ReputationRep:
    I find coursework so boring and tedious - I'd probably have more revision done if it wasn't for that...
    It's not like I'm not interested, I just feel it gets repetitive after a while.
    What cw have u got left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherx)
    What cw have u got left?
    One more French and one more German, quite a lot of drama, a couple of pages to finish off food and nutrition, I think. The latter two are really big pieces, though (I think the food one is like 40%), and the time we've been given to complete them in is almost up.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone choose any same subjects as me for Alevels? I choose mathematics, business, psychology and textiles

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbeu)
    subjunctive?
    Ohh...yeah, but I'm Soo bad at it, I have tried using it and I always get it wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my geography ca but i still have drama and science ca to do and english cw :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abeh)
    see if you can get practise papers off of aqa and I think bitesize have got some on as well. also there is a cgp revision book you can get with a cd in to practise...

(Original post by SSAA9)
    Ohh...yeah, but I'm Soo bad at it, I have tried using it and I always get it wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can u not get ur teacher to correct it for you? ours gave us 3 examples and we had to work them into the text somehow. I can't find them right now but I can if u want?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking Physics next year?
    Get to go to Switzerland to see the LHC at CERN! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Anyone taking Physics next year?
    Get to go to Switzerland to see the LHC at CERN! :party:
    I'm taking Physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my history coursework, 218 words over the limit but hopefully it's good enough without those extra words

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.