Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    How pacey were we?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I didn't think he was that amazing.. who are you dropping to include Borini in the side? You'd imagine Sterling will come back in. Do you then drop Coutinho/Lallana?

Yea it's very annoying. Added nothing of value and made even more stupid comments.
    Balotelli
    Sterling Coutinho Borini
    Henderson Gerrard
    Moreno Lovren Skrtel Manquilo

Or Coutinho can replace Can and you can put Lallana up there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    City, Spurs and Chelsea are the only top teams in it, Southampton too if you count them.
    Thanks man. Wouldn't want to play Southampton! Out of interest what happened to Manchester City and Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Balotelli
    Sterling Coutinho Borini
    Henderson Gerrard Can

Didn't realise you can have 12 men on the pitch

ReputationRep:
    Borini definitely deserves to start on Saturday, I'd take out Lallana since Coutinho has been in good form of late. Borini and Balotelli may be able to cause some damage on Saturday especially as Balo likes playing alongside another striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Didn't realise you can have 12 men on the pitch
    He only said 11 players. I think he's suggesting we stick Balotelli in goal because of Mignolet's form.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing lol, trying to multi-task and failed miserably, take Can out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Thanks man. Wouldn't want to play Southampton! Out of interest what happened to Manchester City and Arsenal?
    City are yet to play tommorow, Arsenal lose to Southampton. Trust me, I'm glad Liverpool got the 3 points against Southampton, even if it was a fluke, they look like they can beat anyone on their day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yeah, if they had a defender then maybe you wouldn't have had the free kick, or the defender would've been marking Lovren, or would've cleared it. Who knows. I'm not defending Arsenal, I'm pissed off at how badly we have been playing.

Yeah, I was almost tempted to switch to that Arabic commentator one. I watch bein because its good quality and I can understand what they are saying, I just usually don't agree.
    ifs and buts man, don't bother thinking about it.
    terrible decisions happen all the time
    sometimes they go with you like tonight
    sometimes they go against you like last season vs city

yeah, bein quality is decenty but commentary is so infuriating that i'd rather listen to 5 live on the radio tbh...
    they were speaking english but they weren't speaking football.

(Original post by Eboracum)
    Yes. I'd love to win the League Cup as well. People only say "it's only the league cup" when they get knocked out. Well, good luck for the rest of the competition. Are Manchester City and Arsenal still in I lose track!
    i don't really understand the negative connotations with the league cup.
    surely it's a harder cup to win - containing only teams from the top 4 divisions.
    the prestige isn't there but it's still a trophy and the reward is exactly the same as the FA cup (europa league qualification).

arsenal are out (lost to soton)
    tomorrow has man city vs newcastle, stoke vs soton and spurs vs brighton
    i would expect the last 8 to look something like this:

bournemouth
    sheff utd
    chelsea
    derby
    liverpool
    city
    soton
    spurs

if it pans out like that, at least 4/7 of the other teams left in are easily beatable (well, as easy as it can be in a cup QF)

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's very annoying. Added nothing of value and made even more stupid comments.
    they say more dumb things than i do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Balotelli
    Sterling Coutinho Borini
    Henderson Gerrard

I do wonder how Rodgers will rotate keeping the Real Madrid game in mind too. Tbh it's away at the Bernabeu so we'll get another thrashing.. main thing is to win the Newcastle game!

ReputationRep:
    Both Borini and Coutinho worked their asses off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    ifs and buts man, don't bother thinking about it.
    terrible decisions happen all the time
    sometimes they go with you like tonight
    sometimes they go against you like last season vs city

yeah, bein quality is decenty but commentary is so infuriating that i'd rather listen to 5 live on the radio tbh...
    they were speaking english but they weren't speaking football.

i don't really understand the negative connotations with the league cup.
    surely it's a harder cup to win - containing only teams from the top 4 divisions.
    the prestige isn't there but it's still a trophy and the reward is exactly the same as the FA cup (europa league qualification).

arsenal are out (lost to soton)
    tomorrow has man city vs newcastle, stoke vs soton and spurs vs brighton
    i would expect the last 8 to look something like this:

bournemouth
    sheff utd
    chelsea
    derby
    liverpool
    city
    soton
    spurs

if it pans out like that, at least 4/7 of the other teams left in are easily beatable (well, as easy as it can be in a cup QF)
    Hopefully Man City will draw Chelsea and Spurs will draw Southampton

First premier league opposition we've beat in the League Cup since 2006.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you guys draw City (if they beat Newcastle), Chelsea or Southampton :coma:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I hope you guys draw City (if they beat Newcastle), Chelsea or Southampton :coma:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    gtfo

ReputationRep:
    gtfo
    Eyyy you're going to have to play them one way or another. It'll be better to play them first and possibly knock them out for an easier passage to the cup final.

Basically Chelsea and City will wreck you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do wonder how Rodgers will rotate keeping the Real Madrid game in mind too. Tbh it's away at the Bernabeu so we'll get another thrashing.. main thing is to win the Newcastle game!
    i'm so scared about the away game in Madrid.
    3-0 wasn't terrible but they were holding back.
    will sturridge be fit? please?
    Hopefully Man City will draw Chelsea and Spurs will draw Southampton

First premier league opposition we've beat in the League Cup since 2006.
    if we have sturridge back by then i ain't even bothered who we face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Eyyy you're going to have to play them one way or another. It'll be better to play them first and possibly knock them out for an easier passage to the cup final.

Basically Chelsea and City will wreck you guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah if we're lucky they will play each other in the next round and then get knocked out by a championship side in the semi-finals :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm so scared about the away game in Madrid.
    3-0 wasn't terrible but they were holding back.
    will sturridge be fit? please?

if we have sturridge back by then i ain't even bothered who we face
    I dont even think Sturridge would make much of a difference against Madrid. It has a lost written all over it. I hope Liverpool dont get too badly wrecked because it'll make our league look bad but then being a United fan i would love to see it happen. Cant see anything other than a 5-0 win for Madrid.

I dont understand the reasoning with Sturridge though. Most of you guys are expecting him to come back and instantly you guys will wreck any team. Its far from that conclusion and the problems with Liverpool run far deeper than that.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah if we're lucky they will play each other in the next round and then get knocked out by a championship side in the semi-finals :awesome:
    But thats assuming that you guys dont get knocked out by a championship side

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.