Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    To be fair, i have similar thought processes- im quite pessimistic tbh.

Abit 'meh'.
    yeah i tend to see the glass as half empty a lot, why are you meh?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling anxious and tired. Not that I've been doing anything today really, I've just been browsing TSR and reading some application information about Cambridge. I've been trying to find some books to read, too. I tried reading one I found on the shelves of my bookcase, but the language was really off-putting; complicated and "fancy". I just want some easiliy understood philosophy books. Maybe that's too much to ask for. *bummed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legilimency)
    I'm feeling anxious and tired. Not that I've been doing anything today really, I've just been browsing TSR and reading some application information about Cambridge. I've been trying to find some books to read, too. I tried reading one I found on the shelves of my bookcase, but the language was really off-putting; complicated and "fancy". I just want some easiliy understood philosophy books. Maybe that's too much to ask for. *bummed*
    Sounds like you'd really enjoy Alain de Botton's publications.

ReputationRep:
    PMSing, randomly started to think about results day and I know im being dramatic but im scared af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    yeah i tend to see the glass as half empty a lot, why are you meh?
    Just bored and feel a bit empty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legilimency)
    Have a look at 'The Spiritual Teachings of Seneca'. Someone gave me a second hand copy that I've been reading this summer - really engaging little read.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    That's good to hear! although not to hear about your dream! It must have been scary, I have had a few flashes of some sort of something like that and it is horrible. Yeah, I have been feeling quite good for the last week or so. Just want it to carry on for as long as possible haha.

Yeah, I have never studied business before but did do Economics at A-level and didn't really enjoy it :lol: can I ask why Psychology didn't work out for you? I also really want to do Psychology at uni I'm sure Business isn't too bad, but at times probably can be a bit boring (like everything in life haha).

Temporarily is the key word there. Wish it would be for much longer, at times.

That's nice of you Have only got two exams left (one of which is tomorrow) so should hopefully be okay until exams finish! but thank you I am always here if you ever need to talk or anything too!

Yeah, using others to inspire or even the internet can be really good! The only problem (I find) with the internet is that you can then go and search the completely wrong thing and make yourself feel worse. It can be really quickly too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I just tend to not really talk about depression with my parents that much, because you know that there is a chance they will just make you feel worse and it isn't worth it. We just have to be extra careful with the things we watch, I guess. I sometimes can't stop myself to watch a documentary about suicide etc and I think that is because I find it interesting, more than anything. I have even asked one of my friends if I should watch it or not lol. Definitely true. We just have to ask the right people at the right time, which can be very hard.
    :hugs:
    Alrighty, I'm feeling much better today Here's my reply - sorry it was so late but I'm thankful you understood!

I'm happy you've been feeling good for the past few days! Positively is essential Haha, having dreams such as those - the proper dark and deep ones, are really quite frightening.. in the dreams I usually go through with the act and then see the aftermath which is even more distressing

Aha You ain't an Economics fan then?! Ooh go for Psychology! Well, the reason was that the competition was really quite high so I had received an offer to do Psychology at several universities but I missed the offer by 2 grades and they still wouldn't let me in :cry2: So I was very upset but opted to do Business because that was the only thing there that a) had a relatively low entry requirement and b) it was a local uni. Aha oh man, Business is not too bad at all; I've got 4 out 8 modules at a 2.1 level - surprising considering I've never touched the subject I once swore I'd never ever do :lol:

Awh man, now me being a numpty, I didn't get to wish you good luck because that's kinda when the depressive episode happened But hope it went well! Thank you so much; you're really caring

Oh yes absolutely! Sometimes I can search up the totally wrong things or watch a saddening TV episode or video online and that's it - I'm gone (into depression mode) :/
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You know what? I think the same exact thing And also about watching certain videos online; I've done that In fact I got so interested in this particular documentary about the Suicide Forest in Japan after watching a Buzzfeed video on the scariest places on the planet.. I dunno why I found it so intriguing, god I'm so weird But it was the thought of the history behind The Suicide Forest that got me going. Oh yes, so true. But you'll notice that not many people understand and often think it's due to hormones or for a female like me, premenstrual symptoms :facepalm:Not many people understand that you can get depressed WITHOUT a reason I explained to my mum that I was depressed for no reason yesterday and she came back with "In this world, you cannot have 'no reason' for anything, there's got to be something behind the problem'.. true, but it's not always like that!
    :hugs:

I'm devastated :cry2: My heart feels like it has relocated to my intestines ... I am so so so disappointed and gutted, I've wasted ALL my time, i'm TOO LATE and now all I can do is cry. I left it too late, too late, I side tracked it whilst I finished my course and now it's too late and there's nothing I can do and i've wasted all my time. FGS MARIAN :cry: I've ruined everything. it's a disaster. :cry2:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I'm devastated :cry2: My heart feels like it has relocated to my intestines ... I am so so so disappointed and gutted, I've wasted ALL my time, i'm TOO LATE and now all I can do is cry. I left it too late, too late, I side tracked it whilst I finished my course and now it's too late and there's nothing I can do and i've wasted all my time. FGS MARIAN :cry: I've ruined everything. it's a disaster. :cry2:
    What happened?:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So confused. Frustrated. Annoyed at myself for even bothering again. I was doing perfectly okay before, and now I'm stuck in the same position feeling ****ty and confused over what's actually happening...

(Original post by Andy98)
    What happened?:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All my efforts have been wasted, I took too long, I'm too late and there's now nothing I can do except cry with disappointment and throw everything in the bin :cry: I WAS TOO SLOW, now its too late and there's nothing i can do.

oh ANDY :bawling: i am in deep distress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    I am feeling mixed emotions I want to scream but I want to cry, How are you feeling and tell me why .
    Sad cos i got rejected..
    I don't know what to do and since yesterday when he rejected me, i feel like I should just give up liking him even though we never went out...
    But also I feel like I have to wait for him until he's ready idk....
    URG THIS IS SO SH**
    Going to be so awkward at school tomorrow lol..

ReputationRep:
    Just really bored plus now exams are over, I dont know what to do with my life until results day 😭

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, being social is good but all it does is highlight the times when i'm alone and make them seem even worse
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    All my efforts have been wasted, I took too long, I'm too late and there's now nothing I can do except cry with disappointment and throw everything in the bin :cry: I WAS TOO SLOW, now its too late and there's nothing i can do.

oh ANDY :bawling: i am in deep distress
    Some kind of assignment?

Can't really help much if you don't elaborate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some kind of assignment?

Can't really help much if you don't elaborate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No ... more of a personal project :cry2: You can't help me, no one can, unless I can think of something to make something happen that is less likely than pigs flying ... oh oh oh :cry: such distress:cry2:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No ... more of a personal project :cry2: You can't help me, no one can, unless I can think of something to make something happen that is less likely than pigs flying ... oh oh oh :cry: such distress:cry2:
    I have a knack for making the improbable happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a knack for making the improbable happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I can't think of anything I doubt you can, no offence :cry2: this is a disaster, I feel awful and so so so disappointed and stranded and upset with myself and my time management and everything and and and *wheezes* :bawling:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    If I can't think of anything I doubt you can, no offence :cry2: this is a disaster, I feel awful and so so so disappointed and stranded and upset with myself and my time management and everything and and and *wheezes* :bawling:
    It's these moments when I feel ****, like you do now, that I have my best ideas.

Never give up till the fat lady sings.... I don't hear me singing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tired but not willing to sleep. Also, slightly bored with life and the feeling of loneliness. Not that loneliness is ever fun, only that this is so common I'm actually finding it tedious haha.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.