Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    and all the DISEASE RELATED qs wtf are we doctors?
    Yeah, so much of it was related to health and diseases. Have they got the wrong year or something? That was last year. I know its synoptic but not the whole paper!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lily1111)
    yeah thats is literally exactly what i wrote but was unsure about the increased hypertension? what did you write?
    i said that high blood pressure can damage the artery endothelium, this increases the chances of fatty deposits called atheoma accumulating at the site of damage.. hence decreased blood flow to brain as walls harden and the become narrow, decreased the area of lumen. which is referred to as atherosclerosis

ReputationRep:
    first question ...you know for processes A and B did you guys put DNA replication and cytokinesis ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feeebz)
    For A, 20 animals were affected, for B it was 14, and for C it was 2... Surely the answer is A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the table stated how much variation there was as opposed to how many were effected? So i got C because there was the largest difference (0.2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetconner)
    first question ...you know for processes A and B did you guys put DNA replication and cytokinesis ?
    That's what i got!!

ReputationRep:
    looking back at it the nicotine question was actually disgusting. especially the part with the table if it was useful or not. didnt even understand what the question was asking

ReputationRep:
    you know the question on natural clones being more common in plants than animals, did anyone else say that ...
    majority of animals reproduce sexually, where gametes fuse randomly upon fertilisation and only way of naturally deriving a clone is when embryo splitting naturally takes place but in plants many reproduce asexually to produce natural clones via natural vegetative propagation by processes such as suckering runners etc ?
    got a feeling thats a load of bull and went off on a tangent ? ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffyduck2)
    I think the table stated how much variation there was as opposed to how many were effected? So i got C because there was the largest difference (0.2)
    Actually population B had the greatest change, something like 0.24, I think, although, it was quite cheeky the way that they laid it out. I may be wrong, but that's what I wrote, and can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    LOOL sorry but this mad me laugh. Hopefully low grade boundaries
    hopefully

ReputationRep:
    this has made my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirthan 08)
    59 is to low, OCR won't bring it that low. I think possibly 64 for an A and 56 for a B and 52 for a C. That's roughly what I feel it would be, even though I did find that paper pretty tricky.
    it's not a matter of OCR not bringing it that low, OFQUAL state the number of a*s/As/Bs that should be given out, and they alter grade boundaries accordingly. So in essence, OCR isn't in control grade boundaries. It'll be as low as it has to be.

The reason I said it would be 59 is because there was a ridiculous number of wordy waffly questions, where if you don't get the points on the MS, you won't get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hukdealz)
    it's not a matter of OCR not bringing it that low, OFQUAL state the number of a*s/As/Bs that should be given out, and they alter grade boundaries accordingly. So in essence, OCR isn't in control grade boundaries. It'll be as low as it has to be.

The reason I said it would be 59 is because there was a ridiculous number of wordy waffly questions, where if you don't get the points on the MS, you won't get the marks.
    Agree with this. So many questions where it was so unclear what they wanted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexdonnelly)
    For high blood pressure I said that the artery endothelium could get either damaged - leading to atherosclerosis - or it could rupture meaning that the blood wouldn't be able to reach the brain... do you think that is right or not?
    Me and my friends also said atherosclerosis due to pitting and damage of artery walls

ReputationRep:
    Think I should have revised f211 instead of F215 stuff 😡

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for why the observed results of the chi-squared question were different to the expected? Like what reason did people give? It was 3 marks I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetconner)
    you know the question on natural clones being more common in plants than animals, did anyone else say that ...
    majority of animals reproduce sexually, where gametes fuse randomly upon fertilisation and only way of naturally deriving a clone is when embryo splitting naturally takes place but in plants many reproduce asexually to produce natural clones via natural vegetative propagation by processes such as suckering runners etc ?
    got a feeling thats a load of bull and went off on a tangent ? ...
    Thats what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry1996)
    I'm pretty sure that I won't get any more than a C in this exam, so long Nottingham uni
    Same
    What did u apply for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzieee4)
    Exactly what I did but I got 36.... Did that mean you accepted or rejected the hypothesis though?
    But i swear the equation had absolutely nothing about square rooting in...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilenthia)
    I said prophase for A and Telophase for B. Is that ok? I said it because the mass of the cell increases during prophase when chromatin thickens and when spindle fibres and centrioles form. And in Telophase the cell separates into two cells so the mass of the new cell is half.....<br />
    I don't know if it's right
    DNA replication occurs during interphase, not prophase.

ReputationRep:
    Were you meant to reject the null hypothesis?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.