Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Interim Results have been posted: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf

ReputationRep:
    My test in tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if I should do a bit of prep in the morning or not?
    I did the test last year so don't feel as nervous and more prepared this time

ReputationRep:
    2016 Preliminary scores are out:

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safmaster)
    2016 Preliminary scores are out:

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf
    So the average so far has been 644... There were people who thought TSR is actually an accurate representation of people's scores lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    So the average so far has been 644... There were people who thought TSR is actually an accurate representation of people's scores lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Shiiiiiiet but they have increased a bit :/

ReputationRep:
    I hope the average falls now since people usually do better the earlier they do it.
    I remember last year I did it 15 days later and got 45.83 lower, however correlation does not always mean causation and therefore other factors may be involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    I hope the average falls now since people usually do better the earlier they do it.
    I remember last year I did it 15 days later and got 45.83 lower, however correlation does not always mean causation and therefore other factors may be involved.
    This aint a Bio exam haha
    BTW the trend is those confident get it out of the way asap prior to interim and those less confident do post interim so changes should occur to the '644 av'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    This aint a Bio exam haha
    BTW the trend is those confident get it out of the way asap prior to interim and those less confident do post interim so changes should occur to the '644 av'
    Hhahaha :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardust-dream)
    In terms of VR, it's true that the real test has slightly longer texts than those given in kaplan. But the same principle still applies- skim read and pick out key words from the question! I don't think the questions were any harder than those in kaplan mocks, and I had about 3 sets of T/F/CT questions.

Have you got access to Kaplan practice tests 1 to 6? Because I've found that the QR sections for these tests are very representative of the real exam- that is to say, QR is MUCH easier than the practice mock tests on UKCAT website. Much less data to sort through, which is always nice Kaplan practice tests 7-9 I found harder than 1-6 for QR (and the other sections too tbf), but that might also be because those were the ones I did first (don't ask me why lol).

For AR, I found that I had more type 4 sets than are usual in kaplan mocks, though that might just be an unfortunate coincidence. I also had more complex type 1 questions (you know, ones with conditional patterns), whilst in kaplan mocks they tended to be more of the easier, single patterns. But its not too bad, I think I was just a bit unlucky

SJT was surprised by- I got band 1, even though in ALL my practice tests I've never gotten above band 2! The questions were similar to the kaplan mocks, so as long as you go through all the questions you got wrong in the mocks the SJT in the exam will be easy

Hope that helps!
    Are the Kaplan practise tests free or do I have to pay (really can't afford anything like this rn. Specially since there's only a couple of days left till my exam)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys do u know anything about the specific cut offs for Bart's , Kings College and Exeter. The ones published on the UKCAT site are extremely vague. Also which uni is most lenient with the Ukcat?)
    Help would be much appreciated

(I got a score of 1990 on my UKCAT _663 average).

ReputationRep:
    oh great now I'm worried mines in 12 days and have done no prep 😬😳😂*

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering the ... uhmm tests wont just randomly become harder now right... Mine is in 3 days and its kinda scary

ReputationRep:
    Mines tomorrow 😁😭

ReputationRep:
    Guys what decile do you think would be needed for Nottingham/Southampton?

ReputationRep:
    Did my UKCAT today!
    QR - 780 (didn't get any higher than 600 in mocks )
    VR - 630 (very pleased as I thought I had completely bombed it)
    AR - 600 (not anything special but I never really got the hang of AR so I'm happy)
    band 1 SJ
    Average 670
    I'm pretty pleased, hopefully it will be enough as I'm applying to all Scottish uni's - though seeing so many people do amazingly on here (700+) amazes
    and worries me a little - how am I meant to compete with that!
    If anyone wants to ask me anything I'm more than happy to help

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have just finished my UKCAT and got:
    VR: 510
    QR: 720
    AR: 600
    SJ: Band 3

Any suggestion to which university I should apply to for either dentistry or medicine??

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me the score is likely to lower by the end? I know the average was 1902 at the end of the testing season last year but does anyone know what the average was at this point last year? That would probably give us a better understanding.

ReputationRep:
    Probably because those he leave it later usually do it when they've started sixth form/college so they end up focusing on other things and when it's time to do the exam they're a bit rusty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My exam is in a week and the score so far is scary 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    My exam is in a week and the score so far is scary 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you do one of the medify mocks? Did mock #1 now and scored 633 hahaha. Their scoring system is BS imo, that score is lower than what I got in the actual exam last year with much less revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.