Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I think the humour and characters of the games is what brought a lot of new fans during the last title...Awakening was a brilliant game (except the new style of the support system didn't 100% do it for me). It was so light-hearted yet heavy at the same time and the whole FE franchise is proof to me that intense gameplay isn't always needed to create a great story.

I was scared they were going to be similar just due to the nature that the paths of all the characters are bound to cross since they're, well, at war with each other. But it's good if they're not then...I'd be buying both anyway since I'm a sucker for the franchise... Will you be getting the Revelation DLC after Birthright?

And ikr, it's so difficult to find any FE fans online because it's just not a popular Nintendo outside of Japan compared to Zelda/Mario/Pokemon..although admittedly I do like it when less people know about these gems
    It's hard to not spoil the games while still writing well about them, so sorry if I don't do the games justice! Conquest is a massive battle all the way through, against your Hoshidan siblings, as well as your Nohrian ones at times. Trying to defeat the evil from the inside is enjoyable but definitely dark at points. Birthright, despite being more lighthearted does bring different tragedies that you have to work to fix, though your Hoshidan siblings are more compliant than your Nohrian ones

I've actually already finished Revelations and... Damn, it's breathtaking. The storyline is genuinely wonderful with twists and turns at every corner.Conquest is definitely the hardest of all three, whereas Birthright is the "easiest" (but it's still not easy, for sure!) I kinda enjoy having fewer people know of its worth too, it gives it more meaning for me for some reason

ReputationRep:
    The bricks are really starting to hit now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)
    It's hard to not spoil the games while still writing well about them, so sorry if I don't do the games justice! Conquest is a massive battle all the way through, against your Hoshidan siblings, as well as your Nohrian ones at times. Trying to defeat the evil from the inside is enjoyable but definitely dark at points. Birthright, despite being more lighthearted does bring different tragedies that you have to work to fix, though your Hoshidan siblings are more compliant than your Nohrian ones

I've actually already finished Revelations and... Damn, it's breathtaking. The storyline is genuinely wonderful with twists and turns at every corner.Conquest is definitely the hardest of all three, whereas Birthright is the "easiest" (but it's still not easy, for sure!) I kinda enjoy having fewer people know of its worth too, it gives it more meaning for me for some reason
    Trust me, nothing could put me off the games
    I think I'd start with Conquest..I feel like it just has a darker feel surrounding it...
    And I love a good tragedy fuelled storyline..one of my friends is actually playing Birthright rn and she was screaming at her DS at one point so I'm so ready!
    I love stories with twists in...I'm so excited now to play all of them omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vannzzoo)
    The bricks are really starting to hit now
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics is what I'm the most worried about :erm: and I keep talking about it - I just can't stop thinking about how silly I had been in the exams. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Really don't want to look at the grade boundaries because they'll make me panic, but I have no will power, i think only a straight jacket can stop me:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am too excited to look at grade boundaries tbh I feel like such a nerd.

I am praying Sociology has low ones.

ReputationRep:
    As results day rapidly approaches I spend more time looking like this Name:  image.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  32.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    *internally screaming every time the clock strikes midnight*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I am too excited to look at grade boundaries tbh I feel like such a nerd.

I am praying Sociology has low ones.
    Yes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely looking at BTEC courses that my college offer in case I don't get the grades to go onto A2 .... xDD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caver)
    I'm genuinely looking at BTEC courses that my college offer in case I don't get the grades to go onto A2 .... xDD
    What grades do you need to pass onto A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    What grades do you need to pass onto A2?
    minimum DDD

ReputationRep:
    3 days...

ReputationRep:
    When grade boundaries are released

Name:  giphy.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  19.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caver)
    minimum DDD
    I forgot colleges existed tbh. But yeah that might be a option for me too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Effie14)

Allow me to join in,That was my first FE game but it wasn't that much enjoyable,The storyline isn't that amazing(Then again most people don't play FE for Story) but I must admit the animation was good for a 3ds game.I played birthright and conquest,But since Revelations had the strongest story of the three,Might give it a try in the future.

I also like having fewer people know about a game,Means much more to me that way as well,jRPGs are good in that regard because even though some of them are quite popular and maybe even mainstream in the west,None of my classmates care about them.Its oddly satisfying for whatever reason.

(Original post by Aph)
    Maybe they guessed? Or decided they couldn't take the risk in case you were?
    Probably

Maybe I failed their screening test too

It's just bad how I can't even relate to those 'end up at MDs after failing' memes anymore XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Probably

Maybe I failed their screening test too

It's just bad how I can't even relate to those 'end up at MDs after failing' memes anymore XD
    They have a test?!

I always thought failing MENT more like Adsa or tesco personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I feel the same - I think I got around 87/100 for unit 4 - so 114ish/120 ums and 85/100 for unit 5 so 110ish/20 ums

It wasnt hard just different but loads of people found timing an issue. That NMR 9 marker was fairly easy as well - although LOADS did a tertairy alcohol - luckily i got it correct!!! There were loads of questions which required thinking like the "when propanone concentraion increases by 100 whats the rate eq" and others.
    do you remember the structure for the 9 marker? Every structure I saw on the unofficial MS was incorrect in one way and the tertiary alclhol seemed the most correct (even tho the question said it can't be one)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.