• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I hope it was that smart. Or it could just be an attempt to be "edgy".

ReputationRep:
    That will ruin innocent minds of kids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNihilist)
    That will ruin innocent minds of kids...
    They're already ruined though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Do you think they did that in reference to the fact The Doctor keeps kissing his companions?
    Explain the quote below.

"the ease with which they are able to escape the time lock is a tad convenient – throwing a white point star diamond through the time lock (something only Dalek Caan has been able to do) is an impossible event. The Doctor himself explains that the only thing that can move in and out of the time lock is something that was already there (like the beating of the drums) – not a diamond that never existed on Earth."
    Got it from an article somewhere, it is a MASSIVE continuity error.

ReputationRep:
    What? Do eight year olds even understand what kissograms are? That looks like a really slapdash nod to the adult Who audience. I can see most kids sitting there puzzled thinking, "Hmm, she looks like a police lady, but she's not. Okay."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechosennerf)
    What? Do eight year olds even understand what kissograms are? That looks like a really slapdash nod to the adult Who audience. I can see most kids sitting there puzzled thinking, "Hmm, she looks like a police lady, but she's not. Okay."
    I would of thought Doctor Who was aimed more at the teenage market to be honest. Although the kissogram idea is lame, really lame and it is exactly the opposite direction to that which I hoped DW would take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cruciform)
    Explain the quote below.

Got it from an article somewhere, it is a MASSIVE continuity error.

Iunno, maybe it's like the wormhole thing in Planet of the dead, where living things can't travel through the time lock, and most other things will get destroyed, but diamonds are one of the toughest things so they're able to make it through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Iunno, maybe it's like the wormhole thing in Planet of the dead, where living things can't travel through the time lock, and most other things will get destroyed, but diamonds are one of the toughest things so they're able to make it through?
    but then you could have sent any sort of thing tougher than the diamond through the time lock at any point of the time war

you could have even sent the diamond through containing planet gallifrey! They can make things bigger on the inside!

It really is a huge error.

ReputationRep:
    All I can really say is that (as a potential future programme maker) it is VERY hard to keep everything straight in a programme. You can make the tiniest error and people will be on your back about it. At the end of the day it just happens that way. No amount of theorising or arguing about it will change what the "Word of God" has said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Moffat has created some of my favourite Dr Who monsters. The weeping angels, the robots and the "Are you my mummy" child.

He's also written my favourite episode of Dr Who, which is blink. :awesome:

Series 5 will be awesome, would rather still have DT playing the Doctor in series 5 though.

Why did they have to kill him off? Why? Whyyyyy?! :cry:
    I agree; Moffat's episdoes were the best, with more complex and sophisticated plotlines. I'm well annoyed about David Tennant leaving though ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Lots of nice tidbits in the book.

Shall I share? :teeth:
    Please do Although spoiler tags would probably best for those who'd rather not know (or are reading the book themselves).

ReputationRep:
    Quick question.

Why does The Doctor get called a coward?

ReputationRep:
    At what point? Maybe it's because he never uses guns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KardKaper)
    Quick question.

Why does The Doctor get called a coward?
    When? What Doctor, the tenth one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squareroot1764)
    At what point? Maybe it's because he never uses guns.
    He did, didn't he?

ReputationRep:
    I always thouht one of the reasons was because the tenth doctor never used guns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    He did, didn't he?
    Yeah, but he avoids them at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    He often refuses to fight and carry/use a gun.
    Also some times he is described as always running from what he did in the time war.

ReputationRep:
    Try asking in the Dr Who thread? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post23312582

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h_a_f_s_a)
    He did, didn't he?
    Not to my knowledge. I remember him being against it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.