Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    My TV signal has decided to go on a bender and hack out to such a degree that the BBC Red Button channel is either a black screen or an arrangement of blurry looking rectangles
    Hmm, I have to watch it online, since I don't have sky :/

And wth why is Mark Chapman presenting? Don't like him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    Hmm, I have to watch it online, since I don't have sky :/

And wth why is Mark Chapman presenting? Don't like him
    I can't find it online (legally). I normally only watch the Superbowl on BBC but this game is too good, on the other hand, compared to Sky the presentation is horrific. They may as well be sat in my Student Halls Bedroom as be in that cupboard. Sky they properly sit and analyse with graphics not just show me 3 seconds from a useless camera angle.

... And my TV just turned black again, I wish Sky had this game!

ReputationRep:
    This gonna be a great game.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find it online (legally). I normally only watch the Superbowl on BBC but this game is too good, on the other hand, compared to Sky the presentation is horrific. They may as well be sat in my Student Halls Bedroom as be in that cupboard. Sky they properly sit and analyse with graphics not just show me 3 seconds from a useless camera angle.

... And my TV just turned black again, I wish Sky had this game!
    You can watch it on the BBC Sport website legally, look at where it says videos

And yeah, I miss Cecil Martin, although Mike Carlson is a laugj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    You can watch it on the BBC Sport website legally, look at where it says videos

And yeah, I miss Cecil Martin, although Mike Carlson is a laugj
    I can't find where that is possible, might be a blessing in disguise though, i've got an exam on Thursday so should probably be sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find where that is possible, might be a blessing in disguise though, i've got an exam on Thursday so should probably be sleeping.
    Middle of the pic, left side

Name:  Screenshot_2012-12-11-02-02-42.png
Views: 28
Size:  363.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Patties playing some good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me i was not the only one who saw that? Brady has seriously propelled himself to the top of the MVP race. About time the media hop off the Manning parade and give credit where its due. They've been ready to anoint him since he came back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    Does anyone else know how the Colts are doing so well? Came back from 14 points down to squeeze past the Titans to get to 9-4. But they've a point differential on the season of -37, and have only won one game (against the Jags) by more than one score. Yet they keep getting it done...fair play to the coaches.
    However, at this stage I'd much rather be the no. 4 seed and have them in the wildcard round, than be no.3 and have to play Pittsburgh/Cincy. Also, it's not inconceivable that the Jets will be the no. 6 seed...
    It's because we're so awesome. That and our team don't stop fighting. I think it's 6 wins when we've been tied or losing in the 4th quarter.

He may have had 18 picks this year (as a result of some dangerous play calling and a generally inexperienced offence), but Andrew Luck is something else.

ReputationRep:
    Yet another team that the Pats steamroll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yet another team that the Pats steamroll
    Cannot wait for the 49ers this week :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    Cannot wait for the 49ers this week :grin:
    I thought the Texans might give them a good game but they didn't. I'll hope that Kapernick can but I doubt it

ReputationRep:
    Got my fantasy regular season champ award! Missed out on highest scoring by 4 points!
    Up against my best mate in the playoffs who's team consists primarily of Giants players..

Who else made the playoffs in their fantasy?

ReputationRep:
    I made playoffs in my 10 man auction on espn, which started this week in a 2 week game playoff format. Had Lynch, Charles and Morris at RB and Flex. Put up 120 vs my friends 88. Just need one more solid performance to make playoffs.

Please tell me i was not the only one who saw that? Brady has seriously propelled himself to the top of the MVP race. About time the media hop off the Manning parade and give credit where its due. They've been ready to anoint him since he came back...
    I agree that Tom Brady is most definitely MVP material as usual, but at this point in time I don't know if I agree he's playing better than Manning. Statistically there isn't much between the 2, but if you look at the players they have around them I think it would be hard to look past the targets that Brady has and the fact that they have round a run game recently.

Kind of off topic but I also think Luck needs recognition for what he's doing with this 1-15 Colts team. Playoff bound in a conference which is hurting right now. If they can avoid the Pats I genuinely believe that somehow they will make the Conference final.

ReputationRep:
    After 6 straight wins I made the playoffs in the TSR fantasy league. No doubt the wheels will come off now and I'll be subjected to a humiliating defeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    After 6 straight wins I made the playoffs in the TSR fantasy league. No doubt the wheels will come off now and I'll be subjected to a humiliating defeat.
    I hope so!

But I'm not hugely hopeful. My team has been (mainly) consistent but rarely spectacular. We'll see...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I made playoffs in my 10 man auction on espn, which started this week in a 2 week game playoff format. Had Lynch, Charles and Morris at RB and Flex. Put up 120 vs my friends 88. Just need one more solid performance to make playoffs.

I agree that Tom Brady is most definitely MVP material as usual, but at this point in time I don't know if I agree he's playing better than Manning. Statistically there isn't much between the 2, but if you look at the players they have around them I think it would be hard to look past the targets that Brady has and the fact that they have round a run game recently.

Kind of off topic but I also think Luck needs recognition for what he's doing with this 1-15 Colts team. Playoff bound in a conference which is hurting right now. If they can avoid the Pats I genuinely believe that somehow they will make the Conference final.
    Yeah but Denver has a top 6 defense Patriots do not. Brady has been missing Gronk, Hernandez and Edelman at different points this season not to mention a revolving O-line . Its hardly as if Manning turned his team from Scrubs to Contenders, they got past the Steelers in the playoffs. Manning has beaten up on the weaker teams but what about the other contenders one can argue the only other contender hes beaten is the Steelers. Lost to the Falcons, lost to the Texans and oh lost to the Patriots.

Manning can have comeback player of the year but too often the media have jumped on Mannings crotch. Broncos have a cake schedule and yet they came up short against the tough ones.

ReputationRep:
    No way is Manning worthy of the MVP award. He's not even the most valuable player for the Broncos. The Broncos are all about the defence. Manning has had a great year but when you're not the most valuable part of your team, you can't be the most valuable player in the league. The QB tends to get all the glory. Even last year, it was all about Tebow for the Broncos when, much like this year, it was their defence that got the job done time and time again.

ReputationRep:
    No way is Manning worthy of the MVP award. He's not even the most valuable player for the Broncos. The Broncos are all about the defence. Manning has had a great year but when you're not the most valuable part of your team, you can't be the most valuable player in the league. The QB tends to get all the glory. Even last year, it was all about Tebow for the Broncos when, much like this year, it was their defence that got the job done time and time again.
    Finally someone else who realizes that the Broncos were not just some mess that Manning single-handedly turned round. I would say Adrian Peterson and Tom Brady are ahead of him. What AP has done is just unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    ... but Brady lost to the Cardinals...

I get what your saying, but I don't think really there is that much between the 2. Ok Denver defence offsets the fact that NE have better WRs and TEs, schedule wise nothing much between the two. In the games the Broncos have lost Manning has been poor, in the games NE have lost they have come up against 2 teams solid against the run. I agree that AP should be in the picture though, how that team wins games I have no idea. He's gonna have to have back surgery soon for the amount of time he spends with the team on his back.

Well my first game in Madden 13 fantasty joint league went awfully got hammered as the Jaguars. Gabbert is an awful QB.
    What console do you play on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.