Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    got offer for sociology YESSSS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perks25)
    Also curious to know if anyone has received or heard about anyone receiving a Law offer in the past few weeks...
    There had been a glut of law offers around the 20th of december.My seven week period ends tomorrow:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohdavid1996)
    got offer for sociology YESSSS
    Thats great mate, what time frame were you on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Have any law applicants here heard from LSE recently (i.e. in the last couple of weeks)? The timeframes LSE have given us appear to be more of an approximate guideline, but in any case, my 4-weeks ends tomorrow. Given this evening's offers, I'm incredibly anxious now and fear an impending rejection tomorrow!
    Hey,

I'm also a Law applicant and my 4 weeks (including the additional 2 weeks added for Christmas) also ends tomorrow!

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comebackasfire7)
    There had been a glut of law offers around the 20th of december.My seven week period ends tomorrow:eek:
    There haven't been many offers in January, though, right?

ReputationRep:
    Thats great mate, what time frame were you on ?
    Well I applied on the 15th of October got two weeks, five weeks, two weeks then Christmas letter telling me to wait another two weeks then the offer
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I also remember quite a few law offers coming out before Xmas, but I haven't heard of any coming out since then. My 4 week wait is also up tomorrow!!! YIKES

ReputationRep:
    Got strongest in cohort reply in approx 4 weeks on the 13th of December, still no response....

ReputationRep:
    Well I applied on the 15th of October got two weeks, five weeks, two weeks then Christmas letter telling me to wait another two weeks then the offer
    Cheers
    Oh thats cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perks25)
    Yes, I also remember quite a few law offers coming out before Xmas, but I haven't heard of any coming out since then. My 4 week wait is also up tomorrow!!! YIKES
    Do you think they'll hand us a bunch of offers tomorrow ? What are predicted grades like ?
    Or will it be a rejection friday cos so many people have received offers today ? Oh god this excruciating wait is getting to me.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers
    What was your predicted grades?
    I applied for sociology as well but in Mid November!
    Also what is the 5 week email like?

Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Just received an offer for Sociology! really wasn't expecting to hear on a Wednesday? LSE Friday more like LSE Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh congratulations! Were you on the 'among the stongest' email before you got your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reapplicant)
    Sorry i just saw your quote
    I applied for straight economics

Good luck mate. Hope applying late hasn't decreased our chances of getting an offer.
    Oh, straight Economics seems to be so competitive! Anyway I don't think that applying late will represent a disadvantage! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Ah, hi there : ) It seems there are a bunch of us (law applicants) who received the 4-week email at the same time so I suppose we've all been thrown in the same gathered field. Best of luck to you too!
    I am also applying for Law but my 4-week email (plus 2 weeks for christmas) ended 2 weeks ago Can I ask when you applied?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed LSE for an update (having recieved 4 week email for Econ on 13th Dec) and they replied saying that due to the level of competition and no. of applications, it's taking them longer than anticipated, and that they aim to make all decisions by 31st March at the latest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sstt)
    I emailed LSE for an update (having recieved 4 week email for Econ on 13th Dec) and they replied saying that due to the level of competition and no. of applications, it's taking them longer than anticipated, and that they aim to make all decisions by 31st March at the latest.
    How sweet, 2 months more from now to go. And I thought that I would get the final reply at the end of Novermber (end of 5 weeks email ). With some luck, they may be quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow gonna be my 7th week so I hope to get my offer... Hopefully Geography department going to reply

ReputationRep:
    Ah, hi there : ) It seems there are a bunch of us (law applicants) who received the 4-week email at the same time so I suppose we've all been thrown in the same gathered field. Best of luck to you too!
    Yes it does, the end is nigh!

Thanks!

(Original post by Electricblue157)
    I am also applying for Law but my 4-week email (plus 2 weeks for christmas) ended 2 weeks ago Can I ask when you applied?
    Hey!

Oh dear! Have you emailed/rang them to ask about the status of your application? I applied on the 11th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Oh dear! Have you emailed/rang them to ask about the status of your application? I applied on the 11th October.
    I'm going to wait and see if they make a decision tomorrow. If not I might email them but from what others have said they seem to just say they will get it done by March 31st.

ReputationRep:
    I am counting on tmr. Tmr is Chinese New Year. Oh plz give me an offer as a new year gift!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.