Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Just got an email with a conditional offer from Warwick University for a Primary PGCE!! I can relax a bit more when I have my last interview this Wednesday now! Anyone else got an offer from them yet?
    Congratulations! I have my interview next week - was just wondering what you thought of the process?! Not asking for specifics obv. How did you find the group discussion etc?

I'm going for primary with science!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misteryom)
    Had an email from Exeter today saying that they would like to invite me for interview on the 22nd but that before they interview me on the 22nd they want me to gain more school experience by the 20th... being that the 20th is Monday that means I need to have done this by the weekend... does anybody else think this is a bit unreasonable?
    Yes that does sound rather unreasonable. Unless you're already volunteering at a school and can fit in some more sessions this week then I don't see how they expect you to get this experience? Also, if you're in full-time education or employment then how are you supposed to fit it in? Do you have any contacts in schools that you could call this week?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at BCU and heard back from them yet? My husband had an interview there last Weds but track still doesn't even say interview, let alone the outcome

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else have an interview for The University of Manchester: Primary on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a list anywhere of the schools that take part in the pcge for each Uni? (Hope that makes sense!)

EDIT : in case anyone else wondered about this, the schools direct/scitt places list their schools which is handy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    Is there a list anywhere of the schools that take part in the pcge for each Uni? (Hope that makes sense!)
    That information would come from the uni itself and is unlikely to be available at this point. Things change in schools quite a lot - people go on unexpected maternity leave, get new jobs, become sick etc. Plus OfSTED visits and changes the school's rating! And they may need to hire NQTs which they need to support when they expected more experienced teachers.

So with all that, all placements have to be confirmed very close to the start date. Of course the uni will have some schools which they work with a lot and have good links with, but they can never be sure if they will take students this year so I think they'd be unlikely to provide a list.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    That information would come from the uni itself and is unlikely to be available at this point. Things change in schools quite a lot - people go on unexpected maternity leave, get new jobs, become sick etc. Plus OfSTED visits and changes the school's rating! And they may need to hire NQTs which they need to support when they expected more experienced teachers.

So with all that, all placements have to be confirmed very close to the start date. Of course the uni will have some schools which they work with a lot and have good links with, but they can never be sure if they will take students this year so I think they'd be unlikely to provide a list.

xxx
    Ah okay thank you. I can understand why they wouldn't release a list, but a catchment area type map would be handy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophbrook)
    I sent my UCAS off start of December and I still haven't heard from BGU in Lincoln. Has anyone had an offer of an interview/place there?
    I applied at the end of November, beginning of December and it took them ages to get back to me so I wouldn't worry! 😀

ReputationRep:
    anyone for London Met??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST10)
    Ah okay thank you. I can understand why they wouldn't release a list, but a catchment area type map would be handy!
    They'd probably let you know the areas that most of their schools usually fall into if you asked.

I know when I filled in the pre-start paperwork in the summer before I started I had to select some preferred postcode areas from a map but it was pretty much just a map of the county that my uni is in lol.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloclo15)
    Has anyone had an interview at BCU and heard back from them yet? My husband had an interview there last Weds but track still doesn't even say interview, let alone the outcome
    Hi, no not yet but the interview leader said we should find out early this week but also said don't hold him to that haha!

ReputationRep:
    Just withdrawn from my outstanding choice and (I think) I've accepted my conditional offer from Liverpool Hope. It now says 'Firm' in the reply column. Is this right?

What happens now? Should I get some kind of reply from the university or UCAS to say that they recognise my acceptance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan92pne)
    Just withdrawn from my outstanding choice and (I think) I've accepted my conditional offer from Liverpool Hope. It now says 'Firm' in the reply column. Is this right?

What happens now? Should I get some kind of reply from the university or UCAS to say that they recognise my acceptance?
    I got a letter which stated I had withdrawn, declined and accepted

Does anyone know of any good teaching blogs? Preferably primary. TIA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky220692)
    Well done on getting a place! Thank you. Just wondering, how long did it take for you to hear that you had an interview and then how long until the offer?
    It took about two weeks to hear about the interview after I applied, and then the offer was made within a few days of the interview, so I didn't have to wait nervously for too long! Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Firmed my offer for secondary maths PGCE at the Institute of Education

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    They'd probably let you know the areas that most of their schools usually fall into if you asked.

I know when I filled in the pre-start paperwork in the summer before I started I had to select some preferred postcode areas from a map but it was pretty much just a map of the county that my uni is in lol.

xxx
    Ah that's handy thank you! I've noticed that the schools direct/SCITT I've had a quick look at list their schools which is handy. Just wanted to get an idea of how far an area each uni covers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1702)
    I had an interview at Bradford for Primary PGCE (General) last Tuesday. Just wondered if anyone else had heard back? x
    Hiya! I was there too and still haven't heard anything.. They did say up to 10 days but the wait is killing me I hoped we would have heard by now!

Was anybody at Leeds Uni Primary PGCE interview last Thurs and have you heard back?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimgreen)
    Hiya! I was there too and still haven't heard anything.. They did say up to 10 days but the wait is killing me I hoped we would have heard by now!

Was anybody at Leeds Uni Primary PGCE interview last Thurs and have you heard back?x
    I was at Leeds uni primary last Thursday and i haven't heard back yet.. Have you? I just want to know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview for a Primary PGCE at the University of Leicester on Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espeight11)
    Hey…I've been offered a place for upper primary at Leicester how did you find the interview? Have you got a first choice? x
    Hi, only just seen this! Congratulations on your offer!!
    I haven't had an interview at Leicester, not heard from them yet. Derby is my first choice I think, though Nottingham Trent is also in the running. I am considering withdrawing from Leicester now I have an offer from Derby just because of travel - I will be commuting from Nottingham so my other choices are more ideal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.