Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hychan)
    I'm meant to have a HSBC int now.... No call so far. Anyone else experience this?
    Quite late to do an interview now isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    HSBC have odd hours, mine is on a Saturday. Then again, I believe they're trying to get around to as many people before February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    HSBC have odd hours, mine is on a Saturday. Then again, I believe they're trying to get around to as many people before February.
    Oh ok

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had my first round phone interview in Barclays yesterday and I think I did well but I'm wondering if I passed phone interview what will be the next step for me, since I'm not from UK? Going to London for AC for one day to get the decision about going for four days next time seems a little bit weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madvillainy)
    Hi, I had my first round phone interview in Barclays yesterday and I think I did well but I'm wondering if I passed phone interview what will be the next step for me, since I'm not from UK? Going to London for AC for one day to get the decision about going for four days next time seems a little bit weird
    Do you mind PMing the sorts of questions you were asked?

I have my interview tomorrow morning.. wondering how is best to prepare.

All the best with the next round. I believe it is an Assessment Centre however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Do you mind PMing the sorts of questions you were asked?

I have my interview tomorrow morning.. wondering how is best to prepare.

All the best with the next round. I believe it is an Assessment Centre however.
    Please post the questions here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Razina17)
    Yeah I just had it. They were running a bit late. I think they are trying to cater for international students in different time zones as well. I'm UK but I choose this time because I am pretty busy generally during the day

ReputationRep:
    Typical questions about behaving in different situations, teamwork, interactions with other people, it's good to have some examples. But my chosen role was technology though, but I think it doesn't matter at that stage.

ReputationRep:
    Typical questions about behaving in different situations, teamwork, interactions with other people, it's good to have some examples. But my chosen role was technology though, but I think it doesn't matter at that stage.
    thanks for that, how long did the interview last? got a pretty tight schedule tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Cheers madvilliany and Congratulations for getting to the last stage. You probably will have to go to London for the AC though, email HR!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    exactly 36minutes 7 second but I asked lots of questions and we had a little small talk before the right interview. What is more my answers were very long and the interviewer asked me two or three times to have shorter answers, because we are running out of time

(Original post by Ashwin1)
    Cheers madvilliany and Congratulations for getting to the last stage. You probably will have to go to London for the AC though, email HR!
    I don't know if I'm in last stage yet, I'm still waiting for the results of the phone interview.

ReputationRep:
    Credit Suisse offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Can't multi-quote
    But TO REPEAT, nobody (or at least, that's what I've been told repeatedly by those in markets and I know for a fact that the top people didn't) in this year's DB markets spring week class converted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But everyone gets an interview for DB summer, surely at least one person gets an offer off the back of that?

ReputationRep:
    exactly 36minutes 7 second but I asked lots of questions and we had a little small talk before the right interview. What is more my answers were very long and the interviewer asked me two or three times to have shorter answers, because we are running out of time

I don't know if I'm in last stage yet, I'm still waiting for the results of the phone interview.
    Oh cool, did the interviewer say when you're likely to hear back from them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    Credit Suisse offer
    Congrats! How long did you wait for the decision from making an application? I applied on 3rd January and still my application in CS is under review.

(Original post by Ashwin1)
    Oh cool, did the interviewer say when you're likely to hear back from them?
    within due time

ReputationRep:
    Oh I waited for ages, like a month since interview and I applied in November
    Congrats! How long did you wait for the decision from making an application? I applied on 3rd January and still my application in CS is under review.

within due time

ReputationRep:
    What was the interview process in CS?

ReputationRep:
    within due time
    Haha typical, good luck though! :groovy:

ReputationRep:
    GS are very quiet on things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President M.E.)
    But everyone gets an interview for DB summer, surely at least one person gets an offer off the back of that?
    I've just gone back and checked. Nobody who interviewed in September (at least 4 I know) for markets got an offer
    As for the people who interviewed in May, I know one who did.

Urmm, I see your reasoning but not necessarily, if they just don't like them.

I know 1/3 GTB people converted. Not sure about technology

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.