The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a123a
This makes me optimistic. I have also seen some weird offers already given out to medics. E.g like 2A*s and 2As; 3A*s. Maybe they have increase a few peoples offers so they can accommodate for more open offer candidates.

Absolutely crazy
Original post by IesIicules
I have no idea what the source is though, there is nothing on their website... They might not be sending emails at all :mad:

They are, the date is however not certain. Here's a direct quote from an email I have recieved last Friday, after writing to them to ask:

"I will be emailing all our non-UK applicants as soon as I can next week.
Best wishes
Janet Rogers"
To any vets and medics still waiting for a response or who know they're in the potential open offer pool, here is a link detailing the entire process

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section2/2_6.html

This is how I basically understood what an open offer actually is, and gives a lot of insight into the selection process. If this has already been posted, well now it's re-posted for the ones still waiting ^^

Good luck guys!!! Hope you get offers soon! :smile:
Original post by m.prabar
They are, the date is however not certain. Here's a direct quote from an email I have recieved last Friday, after writing to them to ask:

"I will be emailing all our non-UK applicants as soon as I can next week.
Best wishes
Janet Rogers"

oh cool thx for the info! fingers crossed for tomorrow then :smile: good luck!
oh cool thx for the info! fingers crossed for tomorrow then :smile: good luck!

Thank you :smile: And good luck for you too!
Original post by aersh8
Anybody has links to the offer holders groups?

ST JOHN'S BIO NATSCI FOR THE WIN!!!! :biggrin:

St John's Offer Holders group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/378316362339464/
Original post by Watchthe
Does anyone know how many people each college pools for medicine? I was just curious to know how many people they think are ok but don't have space for

I have telephoned 16 colleges yesterday and today to enquire about medicine and my summary findings; a) how many admission tutors know about the winter pool process (2) completely different and varied opinion about the actual process (3) st Catherine and St. John's are simply brilliant in sharing the process (4) the process takes slightly longer for medicine (5) 22 jan 15 will be the final consolidated winter pool meeting (6) admission desk at colleges do not have a clue (7) I know 38 were offered from the winter pool to read medicine for oct 2014 intake for Cambridge, 1 summer pool and 5 open offers. (8) colleges do not disclose/share how many applicants get thrown in the pool (9) there is still hope (10) the match is not over until it is over ie 15 aug 15 will be the final final final date. Hope this helps!!!!
Original post by Baloney26
Did you have brown hair and have it up and reading a book?? I was the girl with an elephant dress and doctor who phone case 😂 and my name is Toni btw!

Haha yeah that was me! argh I can't remember you I'm really sorry :frown: i totally spaced out and only remember a few people! I can't even remember what country the foreign guy was from, the one who'd been there for days! Was he possibly dutch?
Original post by ketchup1
Oh right :smile: Yes still waiting, I think I will email them today and request it!

Did you get the email in the end ? :smile:
Now that offers have come through, is anyone considering rejecting Cambridge? If so, what's your reasoning behind doing so? Personally, I won't firm until I'm 100% sure I want to be there. Also realised that an A* offer means I have to start doing college work, not be satisfied with As in mocks and actually start getting some A*s. :colone:
Hi, maybe a stupid question, but i'm in the french system, and i've been made an offer with really difficult requirements. If I don't meet the terms of my offer, is there still a chance to negotiate with cambridge or is there absolutely no chance that they would consider me, even if I fail by like only half a point? (I've been made an offer to Economics at fitzwilliam)

Thanks!
Original post by beauty of maths
Absolutely crazy

What is?
Original post by ArseneWenger
Hi, maybe a stupid question, but i'm in the french system, and i've been made an offer with really difficult requirements. If I don't meet the terms of my offer, is there still a chance to negotiate with cambridge or is there absolutely no chance that they would consider me, even if I fail by like only half a point? (I've been made an offer to Economics at fitzwilliam)

Thanks!

What is your offer?
What is your offer?

19 in Maths ( and I do spé maths ) and 17 overall
Original post by Mini-Me
Haha yeah that was me! argh I can't remember you I'm really sorry :frown: i totally spaced out and only remember a few people! I can't even remember what country the foreign guy was from, the one who'd been there for days! Was he possibly dutch?

i don't even remember a foreign guy haha! I remember the guy who was into drama with curly hair? And the Irish girl haha but that's about it!
Original post by Baloney26
i don't even remember a foreign guy haha! I remember the guy who was into drama with curly hair? And the Irish girl haha but that's about it!

Haha oh dear. Was the drama guy the one who asked everyone what this song was? And i think i remember the irish girl... possibly xD
Has anyone received an offer from corpus yet who is an international incl European applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Avernus
Has anyone received an offer from corpus yet who is an international incl European applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't seen anyone in this thread, there are three people (including myself) still waiting though.
Thanks. You begin to wonder is there a rejection pile and an acceptance pile with the offers going out first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beauty of maths
I have telephoned 16 colleges yesterday and today to enquire about medicine and my summary findings; a) how many admission tutors know about the winter pool process (2) completely different and varied opinion about the actual process (3) st Catherine and St. John's are simply brilliant in sharing the process (4) the process takes slightly longer for medicine (5) 22 jan 15 will be the final consolidated winter pool meeting (6) admission desk at colleges do not have a clue (7) I know 38 were offered from the winter pool to read medicine for oct 2014 intake for Cambridge, 1 summer pool and 5 open offers. (8) colleges do not disclose/share how many applicants get thrown in the pool (9) there is still hope (10) the match is not over until it is over ie 15 aug 15 will be the final final final date. Hope this helps!!!!

Thanks for all the information!!

Latest

Trending

Trending