Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watchthe)
    How many do you think there will be for medicine this year? This is so worrying
    No idea, they didn't have them back in my day, but it won't be loads. I know it must be hellish for you all still waiting, but don't pin too much hope on this very last option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IesIicules)
    Norway. I don't think corpus has started to send emails yet. They sent the letters on the 9th and we should get them this week... There is no reason to believe that you have been pooled.
    You're probably right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitomi777)
    Thanks Maybe my lack of professional vocabulary, or maybe I don't think the way they expect...I'll have to wait till February to get the feedback...

Yes, I'm Polish and I'm taking my national final exams- neither A levels nor IB.

And you? Did you get an offer? For what course? And are you international too?
    No, I'm from England, just a poor little fish still waiting for their outcome! I had a reinterview on Saturday, so I'm waiting to hear back from that I applied for Physical Natural Sciences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abigai11)
    same, did they call or email???
    Emma emailed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    UPDATED!

Decisions for the Top 40 Posters in the previous MKII thread
    (Who Posted : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc...sted&t=2922359)

Well done all (no matter the result).
    # : Username : What Happened?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1 : L'Evil Fish : Offer
    2 : physicsmaths : Offer
    3 : aersh8 : Offer
    4 : Elcor : Offer
    5 : jneill : Offer
    6 : CaitlinDy : Will be amazing somewhere else
    7 : EHZ17 : Offer
    8 : tomfailinghelp : Offer
    9 : Jasey : Offer
    10 : DomStaff : Offer
    11 : RainbowVeins : Offer
    12 : The Clockwork Apple : Will be amazing somewhere else
    13 : Red Fox : Will be amazing somewhere else
    14 : Master219 : Will be amazing somewhere else
    15 : rachelc142 : Will be amazing somewhere else
    16 : bored565 : Offer
    17 : Posiedon12 :
    Will be amazing somewhere else
    18 : Deadpan : Offer
    19 : Rovensie : Will be amazing somewhere else
    20 : grammar12 : Will be amazing somewhere else
    21 : Necrosyrtes : Offer
    22 : Aish_de_la_Lune : Offer
    23 : Blazar : Will be amazing somewhere else
    24 : cerlohee : Offer
    25 : Zero to Hero : Offer
    26 : paradoxicalme : Offer
    27 : JamesJL : Offer
    28 : aworldalone : Offer
    29 : sr-96 :
    *pending*
    30 : rdmchill : Offer
    31 : BP_Tranquility : Will be amazing somewhere else
    32 : newblood : Offer
    33 : k4l397 : Will be amazing somewhere else
    34 : TheAnnabelle : Will be amazing somewhere else
    35 : The_Top_Hat : *pending*
    36 : alow : Already a Cantab
    37 : Navo D. :
    Offer
    38 : aprocrastinator : Offer
    39 : Colmans : Already a Cantab
    40 : drowninginsound : Offer
    (I hope these are all correct!)

TSR Top 40 offer rate is 66%. Overall Cambridge offer rate is 25% (2013/14 cycle)

That success rate is impressive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Your descriptions of the open offer pool... :rolleyes:
    Did you email your college as to when they could potentially get back to us by? I've seen people get different times as to when they will let us know.
    I don't want to bother them really as passive as it sounds. My letter said 'a few days' but I've heard it could be as late as the 22nd

ReputationRep:
    Norway. I don't think corpus has started to send emails yet. They sent the letters on the 9th and we should get them this week... There is no reason to believe that you have been pooled.
    UK applicants recieved the letters on Saturday, and Corpus is supposedly sending e-mails from the 13th onwards.

ReputationRep:
    I was also wondering if they might give out more open offers this year; considering the standard offer increased from A*AA to A*A*A, maybe they'll want to allow for a greater number of people to miss their offers. Although obviously the vast majority meet them anyway

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many people each college pools for medicine? I was just curious to know how many people they think are ok but don't have space for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussi)
    Congratulations for your offer. Chinese at St. John's
    Thanks! You too. I'm doing Arabic and Spanish.

(Original post by elaras)
    I'm MML @ King's (span + ab initio russ) - you're doing Spanish as your European one, right? We might have supervisions together (if we get the grades) idk i have no idea how it works
    Hey, yeah I am. We might do because I think you sometimes have two students in the same supervision.
    It's cool to meet another King's Hispanicist aha, I wonder how many of us there are gonna be... oh and don't talk to me about the grades :zomg:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Elcor)
    That success rate is impressive!
    Someone should tell the 2016 Hopefuls to keep posting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I got an offer for HSPS at Churchill (ahhhhhhhh!!!)!
    i was just wondering if there's any other Scottish applicants, from any course or college?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your open offer! That's fantastic!
    Thank you!!!

You mean to say they only gave out 3 open offer for veterinary medicine?!?!
    That's what the guy on the phone said.. no idea though, its normally only a small number of people though. Are you vet as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalerReinfall)
    I was also wondering if they might give out more open offers this year; considering the standard offer increased from A*AA to A*A*A, maybe they'll want to allow for a greater number of people to miss their offers. Although obviously the vast majority meet them anyway
    This makes me optimistic. I have also seen some weird offers already given out to medics. E.g like 2A*s and 2As; 3A*s. Maybe they have increase a few peoples offers so they can accommodate for more open offer candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your open offer! That's fantastic!
    Vet med intake is a lot smaller than the medic intake. So I think they would have fewer open offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysus)
    UK applicants recieved the letters on Saturday, and Corpus is supposedly sending e-mails from the 13th onwards.

I have no idea what the source is though, there is nothing on their website... They might not be sending emails at all :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    This makes me optimistic. I have also seen some weird offers already given out to medics. E.g like 2A*s and 2As; 3A*s. Maybe they have increase a few peoples offers so they can accommodate for more open offer candidates.
    Absolutely crazy

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what the source is though, there is nothing on their website... They might not be sending emails at all :mad:
    They are, the date is however not certain. Here's a direct quote from an email I have recieved last Friday, after writing to them to ask:

"I will be emailing all our non-UK applicants as soon as I can next week.
    Best wishes
    Janet Rogers"

ReputationRep:
    To any vets and medics still waiting for a response or who know they're in the potential open offer pool, here is a link detailing the entire process

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/a...tion2/2_6.html

This is how I basically understood what an open offer actually is, and gives a lot of insight into the selection process. If this has already been posted, well now it's re-posted for the ones still waiting ^^

Good luck guys!!! Hope you get offers soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.prabar)
    They are, the date is however not certain. Here's a direct quote from an email I have recieved last Friday, after writing to them to ask:

"I will be emailing all our non-UK applicants as soon as I can next week.
    Best wishes
    Janet Rogers"
    oh cool thx for the info! fingers crossed for tomorrow then good luck!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.