Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffyduck2)
    But i swear the equation had absolutely nothing about square rooting in...?
    Nope no square root, and chi squared you reject above the critical value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janetconner)
    looking back at it the nicotine question was actually disgusting. especially the part with the table if it was useful or not. didnt even understand what the question was asking
    Do You mean the selective advantage one? That was a confusing one, advantage for what and it didn't really give much more information.
    I think OCR's aim was the further along the paper you the more unrelated it is to the actual biology course or just anything in general.

ReputationRep:
    For the Chi Squared I got something around 1400 but why are people sqaure rooting or doing other things to it. It said 'sum of' so do you not just add up the values in the last column. I'm really confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)
    Same
    What did u apply for
    Biotechnology, I need 3 B's but I doubt I'm going to get in after this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilaJ)
    Me and my friends also said atherosclerosis due to pitting and damage of artery walls
    ah okay thank you.

ReputationRep:
    the equation said 'sum of' would equal chi squared and the answer line also said chi squared (as in x2) there would be no need to square root as it didn't say find x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_21)
    Same, I didn't even know what the graphs were trying to show, when the hell have we done anything on measuring the mass of DNA.
    I think it was just trying to show that there was twice as much genetic information after replication. So it started at two, jumped to 4, came back down to 2 then went to 1. So if you use those numbers but instead think of chromosomes you have your normal cell, it undergo's DNA Replication, forms two sets of chromosomes, cell fission occurs and it goes back to normal number of chromosomes, then divides again and this takes it down to one.

ReputationRep:
    Swear hardly any of this paper was f215

That nicotine one was f214
    Where The **** is strokes in f215?

This paper wasn't biology it was guessing what ocr wants us to write for their dodgy markschemes

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade for an A will be high compared to the other F215 papers ... I think it will be in the 70s .. I found the paper really hard but most people I have spoken to found it relatively easy and thought it was a nice paper so ya. great.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for how hormones are transported? i was gna say xylem but ended up saying the cell walls get permeable or something, really have no idea.......

ReputationRep:
    Think it'll be 64 A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer to high blood pressure etc? it mentioned in the question that the tumour leads to LOSS of brain cells/they die.....So i bull****ted something about apoptosis?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Think it'll be 64 A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, dont think it'll be that low bro

Lots of people saying it was alright/fairly easy/not bad

It was defo easier than june 2014. I think boundaries will be 3-6 marks on top of june 2014 for each grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kewla1)
    what was the answer to high blood pressure etc? it mentioned in the question that the tumour leads to LOSS of brain cells/they die.....So i bull****ted something about apoptosis?!
    I just made up something along the lines of the capillaries becoming damaged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgieshack)
    Did no one put meiosis 1 and meiosis 2 for the first question?? Because I'm such in the description above the question it said it was happening in the testes so it completely threw me!
    I did haha! You're the only person that I know who has!!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a vote thing on how hard people found it?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how many marks needed for 100ums ??? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelia_21)
    Do You mean the selective advantage one? That was a confusing one, advantage for what and it didn't really give much more information.
    I think OCR's aim was the further along the paper you the more unrelated it is to the actual biology course or just anything in general.
    You could say it was a disadvantage because the more nicotine produced the fewer seeds were produced. But it was an advantage because nicotine is toxic and it could kill the insects eating it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spookz)
    I just made up something along the lines of the capillaries becoming damaged.
    I thought that too but then i thought its unit 5 not unit 2...................argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    You could say it was a disadvantage because the more nicotine produced the fewer seeds were produced. But it was an advantage because nicotine is toxic and it could kill the insects eating it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so selective disadvantage is wrong? i said it was a disadvantage as it had a higher conc than the contol and yet it produced less seeds.....ahhh

wheres the unofficial markscheme?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.