Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did my medify mock 2 and got a 690 avg VR: 650
    QR: 650
    AR: 780
    SJT band 2... Im really worried about my real test in 3 days tbh especially cause I'm resitting exams and applying due to mitigating circumstances I heard Med shcool dont really appreciate resits.. I did the IBDP and got a 35/45 with a 4 in chem I couldnt believe it. I was predicted a 41 so Im tryign my best to improve my score but yeah UKCAT is gonna be very important as well.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what Liverpool's UKCAT cut off for medicine was last year ? I got a 670 average so is it safe to apply there ?Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else realllyyy struggling with timing for VR??? I keep doing medify timed practices and I'm taking way too long to answer the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Did you do one of the medify mocks? Did mock #1 now and scored 633 hahaha. Their scoring system is BS imo, that score is lower than what I got in the actual exam last year with much less revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg what is wrong with medify then, they gave me band 3 for the mini mock and I wasn't happy lmao 😂 I'll screenshot your post and when I do mock #1 I'll make sure to tell you, when's your exam again? I'll do UKCAT B tonight I think😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also can anyone help me who has sat the exam: so I normally don't read the passage, do you think since VR is so hard that I should read the passage first in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, can anyone tell me how the deciles work and when unis will tell us the cutoffs (for the ones that have them) or desired deciles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Omg what is wrong with medify then, they gave me band 3 for the mini mock and I wasn't happy lmao 😂 I'll screenshot your post and when I do mock #1 I'll make sure to tell you, when's your exam again? I'll do UKCAT B tonight I think😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think medify take partial marks into consideration when scoring your SJT tbh. Mine's on the 22nd lol, can't believe time went so quick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    I don't think medify take partial marks into consideration when scoring your SJT tbh. Mine's on the 22nd lol, can't believe time went so quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay same day as me then, mine is at 2pm! Well I got 33 right 20 partial 16 incorrect and apparently it's 36 right for a band 2, it's all a big secret though with how UKCAT mark it, and this girl replied to me saying she got band 3 in the mock and got a band 3 in the real thing and I really want a band 2 time is going so quick now I'm back at college, just want it over with like I sit there in lessons thinking omg I need to revise 😳 so worried I'll flop and get 600 or something 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also can anyone help me who has sat the exam: so I normally don't read the passage, do you think since VR is so hard that I should read the passage first in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, not at all, whilst its true that Vr is a bit harder in the real exam, the same technique still applies, the passages are longer but scanning through them for key words os much quicker than reading the whole thing first.v

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azusa)
    Does anyone know how St. Andrews use UKCAT scores?
    I got 690 average, band 2 and I believe it is a bit risky to apply for quite a lot of unis...
    And I'm an international applicant so it make the situation even worse...
    I had a friend get in last year from Canada with a 600 average (scored 2400 on the old 4 part exam)

ReputationRep:
    Any last minute tips for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommaso99)
    Guys, can anyone tell me how the deciles work and when unis will tell us the cutoffs (for the ones that have them) or desired deciles?
    I heard they're out pretty soon (within a week? )
    Yay same day as me then, mine is at 2pm! Well I got 33 right 20 partial 16 incorrect and apparently it's 36 right for a band 2, it's all a big secret though with how UKCAT mark it, and this girl replied to me saying she got band 3 in the mock and got a band 3 in the real thing and I really want a band 2 time is going so quick now I'm back at college, just want it over with like I sit there in lessons thinking omg I need to revise 😳 so worried I'll flop and get 600 or something 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Relax. You'll do fine.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are much better still reading the question first, anyway thats what I found during the exam

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you think its strange that only 10,000 people have done the ukcat so far, last year 23,000 people did it and so far with only 3 weeks left not that many people will be doing it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak7399)
    Any last minute tips for tomorrow?
    go to sleep early tonight, if your exam is right after you have breakfast then definitely don't skip breakfast, but most of all don't stress yourself out too much, you'll do good

ReputationRep:
    What does a score of being in the 9th decile mean?? like am i in the top 20%? or what? also what unis don't look much at ps for scoring as i dont think mine is very good and our college gives little support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MF12345)
    You are much better still reading the question first, anyway thats what I found during the exam
    Thank you for replying and for the other user who also replied I'll carry on with the same technique then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does a score of being in the 9th decile mean?? am i in the top 20%? or what? also what unis don't look much at ps for scoring as i dont think mine is very good and our college gives little support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommaso99)
    go to sleep early tonight, if your exam is right after you have breakfast then definitely don't skip breakfast, but most of all don't stress yourself out too much, you'll do good
    Thanks any tips for sjt and timing?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak7399)
    Thanks any tips for sjt and timing?
    Thanks
    for timing just keep doing what you did when practicing, on mine i only searched for keywords on vr and on the other stuff i just skipped questions that were too long to answer and focused on ones i would get

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.