Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
KJ21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
i was told they basically sat on a spectruim and if you had one you had a tendency towards the other. doesnt help that the meds for each often have side effects of anxiety/depression.
HEy Vapid how are you?
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Are you serious oh my ******* god are you serious?

You should complain about that, have you seen your GP lately?

Apart from the NHS pissing you off, how are you feeling today?
x
I'm ok thanks, a bit annoyed. Have so much work to do but cannot get motivated to do it all.

How are you?
vapid slut magician
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus, try escitalopram this time rather than go back on citalopram. it's more potent- might be of more help. that's on label for anxiety too so might be a good bet for you. made me feel like **** but i seem unusual in the SSRIs that do and don't help me.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
HEy Vapid how are you?
not bad.still sleeping like 13 hours a night, very lethargic etc. trying not to let the lack of mobility and nerve damage in my right hand get me down. it is playing on my mind though.
lskdgjsj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Citalopram, Prozac or that other one you mentioned in an earlier post, seem like safer options.

Prozac probably wouldn't be a great choice. It's not licensed for anxiety in the UK and it's the most activating of the SSRIs, so it may heighten rather than diminish your anxiety. There's not a great deal of choice for anxiety. For generalized anxiety disorder, escitalopram, paroxetine, pregabalin, and venlafaxine are licensed, although pregabalin isn't an antidepressant at all, but an antiepileptic. Moclobemide is licensed for social anxiety disorder: it's a reversible MAOI, so it's safer in principle than the old MAOIs, but there's still a large list of foods that you'd have to avoid or consume in moderation. Clomipramine and imipramine, both tricyclics, are often used in panic disorder when SSRIs have failed, but they're not licensed for this indication. Women generally experience worse side effects from tricyclics, and they're no more effective than the SSRIs. As vsm said, escitalopram might be a good choice, if you give it enough time to work and go up to the highest dose gradually (if your doctor thinks this is appropriate). You mentioned augmentation with a mood stabilizer earlier: that should really be a last resort. The evidence isn't that good, and it's often quite hard to tolerate. Lithium is onerous to take.
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Hullo, I've just been linked here. I mentioned that I was reading this society, because I applied to join. Then I noticed that you were pregnant and this surprised me, because I thought you'd had a miscarriage, so I said something about that. I then wondered if it was The Hitchhiker's child. Nothing malicious tbh.
Read below...

(Original post by anna_spanner89)
lol btw these pics aren't mine!!! They're my friends! I'm going to be a godmother :woo:
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
I'm ok thanks, a bit annoyed. Have so much work to do but cannot get motivated to do it all.

How are you?
Im ok, a little pissed off but im always pissed off. Im freezing aswell, and just feel really down
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
not bad.still sleeping like 13 hours a night, very lethargic etc. trying not to let the lack of mobility and nerve damage in my right hand get me down. it is playing on my mind though.
Oh sorry to hear. want a hug :hugs:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Hullo, I've just been linked here. I mentioned that I was reading this society, because I applied to join. Then I noticed that you were pregnant and this surprised me, because I thought you'd had a miscarriage, so I said something about that. I then wondered if it was The Hitchhiker's child. Nothing malicious tbh.

I never once said I was pregnant on here by the way
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I never once said I was pregnant on here by the way
I wouldnt worry about it?
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Im ok, a little pissed off but im always pissed off. Im freezing aswell, and just feel really down
:hugs: how come you're feeling down?

Grr I've been sat here for half an hour now and not done a thing! and yet I can still log into UCAS track, see my offers and still sit here doing nothing. Nothing is motivating me to work, I'm so far behind in stuff, I don't know what to do. I just want to go back to bed and sleep.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: how come you're feeling down?

Grr I've been sat here for half an hour now and not done a thing! and yet I can still log into UCAS track, see my offers and still sit here doing nothing. Nothing is motivating me to work, I'm so far behind in stuff, I don't know what to do. I just want to go back to bed and sleep.
Just feeling crap, I dont really know why though which is even worse.

Awww bless you, you can or cant log onto UCAS? I know this is a **** thing to say but try and motivate yourself to do some work, because you will feel much worse if you dont do your work in time, and I dont want you to be more depressed than you are
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by KJ21)
Just feeling crap, I dont really know why though which is even worse.

Awww bless you, you can or cant log onto UCAS? I know this is a **** thing to say but try and motivate yourself to do some work, because you will feel much worse if you dont do your work in time, and I dont want you to be more depressed than you are
:hugs: hope you'll feel better soon.

Right i've cleared my desk; im ready to start.
Going to get a cup of tea andget on with it.

What I meant was I hate the fact I can log on to UCAS and look at my offers but stil sit here not moving, because I know I won't get in of I dont work. But you've motivated me now so lets see how much stuff I can get on with.
Thanks for the rep also
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: hope you'll feel better soon.

Right i've cleared my desk; im ready to start.
Going to get a cup of tea andget on with it.

What I meant was I hate the fact I can log on to UCAS and look at my offers but stil sit here not moving, because I know I won't get in of I dont work. But you've motivated me now so lets see how much stuff I can get on with.
Thanks for the rep also
No problem. Glad I made you feel better and motivated you.

Good luck and speak to you after. Message me when your back on :hugs:
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone spoken to Becki recently?
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Has anyone spoken to Becki recently?
Nope havent seen her around
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ag meh blah
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:cry:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for Kate and Sitara whats up?

I've not heard from Becki either, hope she is ok.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for Kate and Sitara whats up?

I've not heard from Becki either, hope she is ok.
Everything. I wish my doctor could read my mind, cos I never tell her things and then today when I did she tld me off for not telling her sooner. She's leaving, too. And no more MHW so I'm considering dropping out of the system entirely. I mean what good is it going to do wandering around like this when there's nothing happening anyway.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads