Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparrowhawk4)
    I...I have something in my eyes...
    He wasnt really skillful, wasnt really fast and couldn't shoot from distance. But he made the most intelligent and precise runs into the box knowing that Bergkamp/Pires/Henry would pick him out. Unbelievably effective player. 2001/02 he was unplayable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Voulez-vous couchez chez moi, ce soir?
    In fairness, Mourinho's got the moves to make up for the rest of the Chelsea team. Jose would bring the girls out for an expensive meal (paid for by a rich uncle Roman...), promise them the world and eventually win the battle. Arsene would bring the girl to a reasonably priced restaurant, explain how he could develop the girl over a few years and then go home on the night bus(keeping the cash for a rainy day. :erm:
    Yep, and once Wenger has 'developed' them, a couple of rich arabs, a Spaniard and a scotsman will take them off Wenger's hands (and some of the girls would be happy in leaving). Wenger would then unfortunately be unable to replace their hotness, and would have to settle for average looking girls instead :\. But the girl that Spaniard took would eventually realise that she didn't feel as happy compared to when she was with Wenger, and wasn't being treated right.

Mourinho would woo his girls with his wit and charm :cool:

Before any of that would happen though, John Terry would try and steal 'em from both managers.

ReputationRep:
    He wasnt really skillful, wasnt really fast and couldn't shoot from distance. But he made the most intelligent and precise runs into the box knowing that Bergkamp/Pires/Henry would pick him out. Unbelievably effective player. 2001/02 he was unplayable.
    I'm mainly getting upset because I'm getting nostalgic for the Arsenal of my childhood. I was rather spoilt by the fact that I happened to start supporting the Gunners at the time of the Invincibles.

Actually I'm getting nostalgic for everything from my childhood right now, I just finished sixth form today.

ReputationRep:
    I'm mainly getting upset because I'm getting nostalgic for the Arsenal of my childhood. I was rather spoilt by the fact that I happened to start supporting the Gunners at the time of the Invincibles.

Actually I'm getting nostalgic for everything from my childhood right now, I just finished sixth form today.
    Felt absolutely terrible the day I finished 6th form, but it turns out the real friends youve made will be friends for life, and Uni is even better so nothing to do but enjoy the summer!

ReputationRep:

pfft talk about finishing late???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    pfft talk about finishing late???
    You're telling me? I had Further Maths modules and university entrance papers to do. It was just me and one other guy left from the entire year.

Luckily for me, the exam period starts after the league finishes, so there weren't too many distractions

ReputationRep:
    Since sky are reporting the Hiquan deal, then we can be sure that Arsenal are very close. I'm very glad for once that Arsenal are doing the business very swiftly and as early as possible, so that any newcomers can gel, however strong or little, and be ready for the start of the new season ! I think everyone agrees with me when I say 'bring one the new season!' i've never been this excited for the start of the season I'm certain that Arsenal WILL win something, whether that's the capital cup or the FA cup or even the title we will surely challenge for it! and challenge it well! That's all i have say for today. COYG!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetropolisBoy)
    Since sky are reporting the Hiquan deal, then we can be sure that Arsenal are very close. I'm very glad for once that Arsenal are doing the business very swiftly and as early as possible, so that any newcomers can gel, however strong or little, and be ready for the start of the new season ! I think everyone agrees with me when I say 'bring one the new season!' i've never been this excited for the start of the season I'm certain that Arsenal WILL win something, whether that's the capital cup or the FA cup or even the title we will surely challenge for it! and challenge it well! That's all i have say for today. COYG!
    well his agents going round saying the deals close so should be done soon. I for one am not happy with it but thats another story.

ReputationRep:
    Callijng all French speaker, I wish he would speak Afrikaan but no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljPLasCbr8

French? to English please?

ReputationRep:
    You hardly see players of Freddie's ilk nowadays, those who know instinctively when to make a run. Too bad he ****ed up his hip. He was never the same after that. The way he mugged us off when he joined West Ham lacked class, but he was a great player and a loyal servant.

ReputationRep:
    Callijng all French speaker, I wish he would speak Afrikaan but no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljPLasCbr8

French? to English please?
    Knowing The Prof, he probably speaks some.

ReputationRep:
    Voulez-vous couchez chez moi, ce soir?
    In fairness, Mourinho's got the moves to make up for the rest of the Chelsea team. Jose would bring the girls out for an expensive meal(paid for by a rich uncle Roman...), promise them the world and eventually win the battle. Arsene would bring the girl to a reasonably priced restaurant, explain how he could develop the girl over a few years and then go home on the night bus(keeping the cash for a rainy day. :erm:
    This is actually a very witty analogy :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Sky are really effing with my emotions.... If Tottenham get Higuain for Bale...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Sky are really effing with my emotions.... If Tottenham get Higuain for Bale...
    BBC reported players and bale, mentioning di Maria or really hope not, I'd rather they keep bale as their whole team is dependent on him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    well his agents going round saying the deals close so should be done soon. I for one am not happy with it but thats another story.
    Why aren't you happy with the Higuain deal? When exactly was the last time we signed a proven striker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    BBC reported players and bale, mentioning di Maria or really hope not, I'd rather they keep bale as their whole team is dependent on him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    exactly if it comes down to that, i'd rather they keep bale...

ReputationRep:
    Did Higuain sign for Arsenal? Or are they still processing the deal?

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin gone to Zenit

Hope he does well again there, tbh. :yep:

(Original post by melodyogbebor)
    Did Higuain sign for Arsenal? Or are they still processing the deal?
    If reports are to be believed, we're yet to reach a deal with Real - but negotiations would only have started a day or two ago when Ancelotti joined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Hope he does well again there, tbh. :yep:
    Same... the good times, were just too good. good luck Andrei.

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    If reports are to be believed, we're yet to reach a deal with Real - but negotiations would only have started a day or two ago when Ancelotti joined.
    It occurred to me that Ancelotti could be a hindrance in this deal rather than a catalyst, especially with the news about bale coming out just after his appointment...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.