Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Feel free to take a guess I'm actually quite interested in how you'd answer that Q.
    Probs would shag all of them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Probs would shag all of them.
    :laugh: Fair enough lol, I'm sure they'll feel flattered.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: Fair enough lol, I'm sure they'll feel flattered.
    Don't feel left out, would probs do you too. xxxo
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Don't feel left out, would probs do you too. xxxo
    Cheers...
    Those are some pretty bold statements to even joke about though haha, seeing as we MHoCers don't know each other personally.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers...
    Those are some pretty bold statements to even joke about though haha, seeing as we MHoCers don't know each other personally.
    Not that bold considering the people i actually have done. Not to mention I would know at least what your age group would be. Though of course you can be an 80-year-old in reality.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Not that bold considering the people i actually have done. Not to mention I would know at least what your age group would be. Though of course you can be an 80-year-old in reality.
    Not sure if you're joking haha
    Yeah, I won't be 80 for quite a while lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol I can see you are not one to hold back your thoughts are you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if you're joking haha
    Yeah, I won't be 80 for quite a while lol
    Unless you're very old or obese I probably would not mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junaidk7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not when it comes to expressing admiration to your leader,
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Unless you're very old or obese I probably would not mind.
    Well knowing that has done wonders for my self-esteem, thank you.

(Original post by junaidk7)
    ikr

ReputationRep:
    Not when it comes to expressing admiration to your leader,
    I see, I tend to express admiration in other ways.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well knowing that has done wonders for my self-esteem, thank you.
    You're welcome.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    You're welcome.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    What I find most surprising is that one half of a two-party system in the developed world, one with a veritable century-long heritage straddling super- and major-power status internationally, is unable to field better candidates than Burnham, Cooper and especially Kendall. I watched the LBC debate yesterday: they are complete light-weights. The stand so diminished alongside the size of the problem they face. What does it even mean to be a social democratic party in a post-1970s world? How can they create a counter-narrative to neoliberalism and not simply rehash a crippled progressivist version of Conservative policy? Where does the failure of post-Cold War liberal internationalism leave our foreign policy? I'm literally astonished that Kendall has somehow risen two steps removed from the office of Prime Minister. She can't string two clauses together without succumbing to a droning vacuity. Several hours of watching debates/hustings and I have not heard her say one substantive thing. I realise that inspirational sloganeering is the rhetorical apparatus of politicians in general these days, but this is a debate for what the Labour Party should be in the coming decades. Ought it not to demand something more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allen Ginsberg)
    What I find most surprising is that one half of a two-party system in the developed world, one with a veritable century-long heritage straddling super- and major-power status internationally, is unable to field better candidates than Burnham, Cooper and especially Kendall. I watched the LBC debate yesterday: they are complete light-weights. The stand so diminished alongside the size of the problem they face. What does it even mean to be a social democratic party in a post-1970s world? How can they create a counter-narrative to neoliberalism and not simply rehash a crippled progressivist version of Conservative policy? Where does the failure of post-Cold War liberal internationalism leave our foreign policy? I'm literally astonished that Kendall has somehow risen two steps removed from the office of Prime Minister. She can't string two clauses together without succumbing to a droning vacuity. Several hours of watching debates/hustings and I have not heard her say one substantive thing. I realise that inspirational sloganeering is the rhetorical apparatus of politicians in general these days, but this is a debate for what the Labour Party should be in the coming decades. Ought it not to demand something more?
    All the main candidates are waiting until we are closer to the election theese are just fillers

Also Burnham,Cooper and Kendall are light years ahead of some politicians in european countries. Italy,France, Belgium all have very dsyfuctional govertments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    I reject this caricature of us Labour moderates from those of you to the left of the party. tbh.
    Caricature? I was speaking in relative terms. They'd still be on the left of the overall spectrum, but on the centre-right of the party. I don't feel that's a harsh statement to make about Tristram Hunt or Liz Kendall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to think about each candidate at PMQs. Corbyn would embarrass Cameron with his calm demeanour, it'd be fantastic to see. I can't stand the sound of Kendall's voice, let alone most of what she says, so I think that'd be a pretty easy win for Cameron. I do think he'd struggle with a competent woman though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    I'm trying to think about each candidate at PMQs. Corbyn would embarrass Cameron with his calm demeanour, it'd be fantastic to see. I can't stand the sound of Kendall's voice, let alone most of what she says, so I think that'd be a pretty easy win for Cameron. I do think he'd struggle with a competent woman though.
    Kendall is just terrible. From what I've watched she can't even formulate a single sentence without blundering and then not resorting to some cliché attempted crowd pleaser. And like you say, her voice!

I think a woman would be good, but I feel Corbyn would be best now, he's very intelligent (and subtle sass would be hilarious to watch.)

He'll be able to crowd control I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James222)
    All the main candidates are waiting until we are closer to the election theese are just fillers
    I find that highly improbable. Who are, then, the main candidates? Why would Labour undergo an agonising internal election - which by all appearances is tearing the party apart - only to repeat the ordeal in a few years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allen Ginsberg)
    I find that highly improbable. Who are, then, the main candidates? Why would Labour undergo an agonising internal election - which by all appearances is tearing the party apart - only to repeat the ordeal in a few years?
    Tristan, Kier Starmer.

Well this election is not really all that agonising, all elections cause some drama the drama in this just average

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.