Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Me neither! I have an interview at BGU Lincoln tomorrow but don't know whether to go because i loved derby and I haven't been able to concentrate haha. I had mine at notts Trent before christmas and didn't get in, it's worth going to though
    I have been thoroughly impressed with Derby ever since my first visit there so I will likely be accepting the offer, though I will still attend Trent to see how it compares on the interview day.

Like you, I can barely focus on anything now - SO excited. I guess I may well see you in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimgreen)
    Hiya! I was there too and still haven't heard anything.. They did say up to 10 days but the wait is killing me I hoped we would have heard by now!

Was anybody at Leeds Uni Primary PGCE interview last Thurs and have you heard back?x
    I had hoped to hear sooner too, am at Leeds tomorrow but Bradford is my first choice so wanted to hear before tomorrow! Am hoping that not hearing doesn't mean that its bad news :-/ x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone given an interview at Wolverhampton uni??how's the staff during the interview?? Is it easy or difficult?

One more question about the skill test.I passed my literacy, just numeracy this Friday.M really worried about it.is it difficult than the practice test given on Pearson Vue website or better than that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I have been thoroughly impressed with Derby ever since my first visit there so I will likely be accepting the offer, though I will still attend Trent to see how it compares on the interview day.

Like you, I can barely focus on anything now - SO excited. I guess I may well see you in September!
    Yes me too, good luck for your remaining interview !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Got a conditional at Derby! so happy anyone else? xx
    Congratulations! Me too :-) Just tried to set up a facebook group to get us all going if you are on there? I think it works!https://www.facebook.com/groups/694723560549828/

Cindy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I have an offer from Derby too!! It's almost certainly my first choice so not sure whether to just withdraw from my other options and accept or not... I have an interview at Nottingham Trent on Friday so may wait til after I hear back from them.
    Congratulations! If you decide on Derby - I have just tried to set up a facebook group if you are on there? I think it works!https://www.facebook.com/groups/694723560549828/

Cindy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances_Parry)
    I had my interview there in December and got an offer-I got my group making paper butterlies out of origami paper and pipe cleaners so it can be literally anything! doesnt have to be academic at all they were all so different. good luck!
    Hi again
    I have my interview at BG lincoln Friday and I'm so nervous. Any advice or pointers on what to expect? And any questions u can remember that came up in interview?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Yes me too, good luck for your remaining interview !
    Thanks. I am so relieved that the pressure is off a bit now. :-)

(Original post by kittykebab)
    Congratulations! If you decide on Derby - I have just tried to set up a facebook group if you are on there? I think it works!https://www.facebook.com/groups/694723560549828/

Cindy
    Ooh I will, thanks! What age group will you be studying to teach?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Bristol! Secondary English PGCE.

Now I've got to decide whether or not to go to the Oxford Brookes interview next week...

Does anyone know of any good resources to be able to compare PGCE courses? Statistics like 'how many find jobs after the course' and stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Would i be able to use phonics testing as an example of an issue facing teachers? though it hasn't been in the news recently.. it was though in like august 2013 time.. would that not be as 'current' as say, PISA league tables etc. any help on this would be great.. thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donna1702)
    I had hoped to hear sooner too, am at Leeds tomorrow but Bradford is my first choice so wanted to hear before tomorrow! Am hoping that not hearing doesn't mean that its bad news :-/ x
    I know same, I have an interview tomorrow too and was hoping to hear before it so I didn't have to go lol. Yeahh I'm hoping it's not bad news either but the guy that checked my documents said it was going to be like a week till we hear..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhh I got an offer . I am so pleased it's unreal. It's from Cumbria and it's a way better offer than Sheffield Hallam were talking about (still waiting to hear) because they wanted me to get a GCSE in R.E and also get more experience in a regular state school (because all mine is in faith schools), whereas Cumbria just want my degree and the skills tests so I'm over the moon. To think Cumbria was the choice I nearly didn't put down and I ended up loving it and will most likely go there.

Anyway I have an interview tomorrow. I have to admit I'm not taking it very seriously now but I'm going to go because my family keep saying there's no harm. I was going to spend today doing prep but I can't see myself being able to go that now seeing as I know I've got somewhere else, so it will probs be a disaster but oh well :awesome: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Ahhhhhh I got an offer . I am so pleased it's unreal. It's from Cumbria and it's a way better offer than Sheffield Hallam were talking about (still waiting to hear) because they wanted me to get a GCSE in R.E and also get more experience in a regular state school (because all mine is in faith schools), whereas Cumbria just want my degree and the skills tests so I'm over the moon. To think Cumbria was the choice I nearly didn't put down and I ended up loving it and will most likely go there.

Anyway I have an interview tomorrow. I have to admit I'm not taking it very seriously now but I'm going to go because my family keep saying there's no harm. I was going to spend today doing prep but I can't see myself being able to go that now seeing as I know I've got somewhere else, so it will probs be a disaster but oh well :awesome: .
    WOOHOOOO CONGRATULATIONS! Knew you would do it, well done hun!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squoosh25)

Now I've got to decide whether or not to go to the Oxford Brookes interview next week...

Does anyone know of any good resources to be able to compare PGCE courses? Statistics like 'how many find jobs after the course' and stuff like that.
    The unis I applied for all have the statistics on their websites.

'97% of students get a job within the first 6 months' or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Unsucessful for my first choice. Am now pinning my hopes on my second interview which I think went apallingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squoosh25)

You could try here: http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/ EDIT: Just had a look myself. I don't think they do postgrad actually. That's a shame because it's great for undergrad.

Well done btw

(Original post by womanonamission)
    WOOHOOOO CONGRATULATIONS! Knew you would do it, well done hun!!
    Thanks hun x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)

Congratulations!!! I feel the same about my interview on Friday now I've had an offer I want to accept! I just can't wait for September now!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Northumbria next Friday. :-) Has anyone heard from Leeds Met?
    Also got my maths skills test tomorrow and I'm beyond streessed out with it :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmanz212)
    Congratulations! I have my interview next week - was just wondering what you thought of the process?! Not asking for specifics obv. How did you find the group discussion etc?

I'm going for primary with science!
    The whole process was quite relaxed an friendly. You get to know everyone and talk to them before the group discussion, so that helps. There were only 7 of us on the day, and we were split in half for the group discussions, so it's all very small groups of people. Not quite sure how much I'm allowed to say on here hehe. But I hope your interview goes well, good luck!! They get back to you really quickly, my interview was a Wednesday and I got an email on the Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloclo15)
    Has anyone had an interview at BCU and heard back from them yet? My husband had an interview there last Weds but track still doesn't even say interview, let alone the outcome
    Hi, I had an interview there yesterday (track didn't change), and I've had an offer today for secondary mathematics. Hope your husband hears something soon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.