Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    The responses here are exactly what I would expect. Even if they 'have a right to be angry' that doesn't excuse chanting Heil Hitler.
    To be fair, he did kill Hitler. So he's not all that bad as people always make him out to be.

ReputationRep:
    well from the video anyone can easily deduce it was only small group there which by no means represent all the Palestinians and more to the point it was said in a fit of anger rather than a attempt at a political statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suetonius)
    That doesn't show I "justified continual terrorism". Your point is completely bogus, regardless of what you think I "implied".

Besides making hasty generalizations about what "most humans" would say, maybe you should consider why most of world opinion is firmly against this invasion, and why, say, the United Nations Secretary General has accused Israel of committing war crimes.
    Anti-semitism is the prime motivator behind anti-Israel activity.

There is no other explanation why no one marched in the street for the 2,000 'palestinians' killed in Yarmouk in a slow, torturous death of starvation. No one cared.

There is no other explanation why Turkey can annex and build settlements in Northern Cyprus and ethnically cleanse the population that was there and replace them with Turks - without a peep from the left wing about settlements.

There is no other explanation why in Europe just now, there is a war raging with 1,500 killed including many civilians - yet no marches in the streets.

There is no other explanation why Israel is the headline news day in and day out non stop for a month, when ISIS are rampaging through Iraq ethnically cleansing a 2,000 year old Christian community.

Israelis know that the only thing which would make them popular in the genocide continent of Europe, is to walk to their deaths.

So you see, opinions based on anti-semitism are totally meaningless. The rats at the UN are meaningless. An institution dominated by a 56 nation Islamic bloc.

The left wing are the new Nazis and will be afforded no mind whatsoever. The smelly, jobless rats can protest all they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zik007)
    well from the video anyone can easily deduce it was only small group there which by no means represent all the Palestinians and more to the point it was said in a fit of anger rather than a attempt at a political statement.
    So that makes it ok, because it was said in anger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinzgauer)
    Anti-semitism is the prime motivator behind anti-Israel activity.

There is no other explanation why no one marched in the street for the 2,000 'palestinians' killed in Yarmouk in a slow, torturous death of starvation. No one cared.

There is no other explanation why Turkey can annex and build settlements in Northern Cyprus and ethnically cleanse the population that was there and replace them with Turks - without a peep from the left wing about settlements.

There is no other explanation why in Europe just now, there is a war raging with 1,500 killed including many civilians - yet no marches in the streets.

There is no other explanation why Israel is the headline news day in and day out non stop for a month, when ISIS are rampaging through Iraq ethnically cleansing a 2,000 year old Christian community.

Israelis know that the only thing which would make them popular in the genocide continent of Europe, is to walk to their deaths.

So you see, opinions based on anti-semitism are totally meaningless. The rats at the UN are meaningless. An institution dominated by a 56 nation Islamic bloc.

The left wing are the new Nazis and will be afforded no mind whatsoever. The smelly, jobless rats can protest all they like.
    Ok. I think I'm wasting my time here.

ReputationRep:
    These guys are harmless.

They know that no governments give a **** and don't know how else they can help, of course they're going to be angry and blurt out anti-semitic remarks, I know it's wrong, but what else can they do? Protests have been useless, donations to Palestine have been countered by the U.S. rearming Israel to kill even more innocents. There'll probably be more of a commotion about this video than the actual war crimes that Israel are committing at this very moment.

If the whole conflict was the other way around, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more branding of 'Islamic terrorism' by the United States and the mainstream media. It's really sad.

Judaism ≠ Zionism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    These guys are harmless.

They know that no governments give a **** and don't know how else they can help, of course they're going to be angry and blurt out anti-semitic remarks, I know it's wrong, but what else can they do? Protests have been useless, donations to Palestine have been countered by the U.S. rearming Israel to kill even more innocents. There'll probably be more of a commotion about this video than the actual war crimes that Israel are committing at this very moment.

If the whole conflict was the other way around, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more branding of 'Islamic terrorism' by the United States and the mainstream media. It's really sad.

Judaism ≠ Zionism.
    Not harmless when one considers this incident within the context of rising anti-Semitism in the Western world.

I find it hypocritical beyond belief that an EDL, Golden Dawn or BNP protest, with their bigoted chants, would never be labelled "harmless", yet people apparently take a different approach to pro-Hitler statements from this crowd.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorra Hadrich)
    Ohh I'm so sorry for your loss! The whole world will stand up for the killed children , be sure of that! At least the Public opinion will be defending them ... Not against them as it is with the palestinians' case !!
    Have you not seen any of the polls on this site about which side you support (or at least think is the lesser of the two evils)?

ReputationRep:
    I like how people are trying to downsize the issue by saying that 1,500 is small relative to 1.5 million as if that's any sort of justification. Anywho, with the blockade it's certainly comparable to an open air prison since of course there is no routes to escape what we know as Palestine. With regards to the food situation, I'm pretty sure I've read articles regarding the Israeli military allocating food by calculating a strict amount of calories per person per day and only letting that amount in, as well as banning foods they regard as dangerous (they banned pasta for goodness sake wtf). Clearly, this type of ghettoisation of Gaza is sick, and to the people supporting it well yeah, you're sick in the head too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    What do you make of it, WWIII?

Israeli supporters chanting 'death to the arabs' caught on video, I can send you a link if you want.

ReputationRep:
    #freepalestine!

free Palestine from European invading murdering Zionists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Not harmless when one considers this incident within the context of rising anti-Semitism in the Western world.

I find it hypocritical beyond belief that an EDL, Golden Dawn or BNP protest, with their bigoted chants, would never be labelled "harmless", yet people apparently take a different approach to pro-Hitler statements from this crowd.
    I'm sorry but these are groups with a large number of followers, are you just going to assume that this video of a small number of Palestinians speaks for the majority of the Palestinian people?

I just wanted to share my two cents, don't have time to get involved in a debate because there is none. Yes these individuals are in the wrong, but no they don't speak for all of Palestine.

I respect the Jews that have stood up for Palestine, and I really hope this comes to an end soon but it sadly looks unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but these are groups with a large number of followers, are you just going to assume that this video of a small number of Palestinians speaks for the majority of the Palestinian people?
    No, that was neither implied nor expressed, but that doesn't make the comments "harmless". The EDL are a tiny minority in the grand scheme of things, but their comments at rallies are rarely harmless.

I just wanted to share my two cents, don't have time to get involved in a debate because there is none. Yes these individuals are in the wrong, but no they don't speak for all of Palestine.
    This is a straw man, I never said they did. I said they were not "harmless" as you stated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sic semper erat)
    There's an Israel-Palestine thread you know, your islamonazi trash can be posted there
    Zionist Jews are the real Nazis= NaZionist :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    No, that was neither implied nor expressed, but that doesn't make the comments "harmless". The EDL are a tiny minority in the grand scheme of things, but their comments at rallies are rarely harmless.

This is a straw man, I never said they did. I said their comments were not "harmless" as you stated.
    When I meant harmless, I meant that these few people were harmless, they ended up yelling 'Heil Hitler' because they were very angry and felt like they couldn't do anything else, I'm pretty sure you can see that.

It's upsetting that anti-semitism is on the rise, but the only way it'll stop is once we start hearing that the innocent civilians have stopped being murdered. Of course there will always be civilian casualties, but Israel can't keep claiming it's 'accidental' after strikes on UN Schools where I'm pretty sure they knew innocent civilians were hiding away.

At the moment, an overwhelming majority of the Palestinian deaths have been civilians and not Hamas members. I'm sure you agree that they have a right to be upset, although sadly they're not being too productive with it by increasing the levels of hatred towards the Jews with cries like this. Quite a number of Jews are actually rallying their support towards Palestine so this just feels counterproductive.

I as a Muslim hate when we're generalised as 'terrorists' by the actions of few, I'm sure that the Jews feel the same way. Let's just hope for an end to this war and there to be peace. I really don't want any more blood spilled whether it be Palestinian or Israeli.

ReputationRep:
    These silly *******s know the UN schools are not safe but they keep putting their kids there...

ReputationRep:
    No sir!! you missed a lot of important points to mention! So why did an Israelian plane bombed 4 isolated children playing on the beach?
    Becasue they were mistaken for adult combatants

why did a Soldier of Israel take a picture smiling with a bleeding little palestinian boy??
    Becasue war brutalises people/he was a ****/it was a piece of propaganda

Do you want Israel to look guilty by falattening Gaza, they are not too stupid to do that right?
    They are not that evil .. but HAMAS are callign for thhe murder of every Jew.http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/www....ml?chocaid=397

I swear if just one and only child from the west was bombed, the whole world will stand up for him! but because these children are from a tiny islamic village , they have to die... As simply as that !!!
    Complete rubbish. Sympathy for innocent children is not what is lacking.

You are biased and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, an overwhelming majority of the Palestinian deaths have been civilians and not Hamas members.
    How do you tell the difference between a Hamas member and a civilian (when they are men, obviously not women and children)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    How do you tell the difference between a Hamas member and a civilian (when they are men, obviously not women and children)?
    What are you implying?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    Ok if that is the case why don't Hamas if they are the better of the both not store any weapons, not fire rockets, not associate with anything terrorist related whatsoever, surely that would be a smart move. The only reason the UN and international community allow Israel to proceed with their military intervention is because of the threat Hamas pose and their intention to destroy Israel. If Hamas did this then Israel would face immediate punishment. But they won't do this because they know Israel would not attack them and the only way they can get people to condemn Israel is to sacrifice their own civilians. Hamas cares not one bit for its population they are sick. Israel are wiping them out because they are a threat,
    When was the last time Israel actually took peace seriously (or Hamas for that matter)? Or, more importantly, when did they both take peace seriously enough to try to make peace?
    Is Israel not getting this wonderful distraction for the international community via Gaza so people forget that they are illegally settling the west bank? And does a nation not have the right to defend its interests? Israel is attacking Gaza for the rocket fire, Gaza is now attacking Israel via the rocket fire for, among other things, the blockading of Gaza.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.