Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Allen could be out for a month due to hamstring problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Nope. My mate's dad sorted them. I'm in Club Wembley - the prawn sandwich brigade.
    Go and get high category seats in the Emirates.

They sure make some killer mince pies. It also goes great with Guinness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    IWell I think winning games masks over any deficiencies in the side. People have said that we have creative players behind and we do create chances. Not sure how many Benteke creates himself though.
    We're not actually that creative. Benteke doesn't need to create them, he just needs to get on the end of them (which he does sometimes), and finish them (which he doesn't right now).
    Not sure how you can use a lack of clinical ability as a gloss over though, it's basically the key component of a striker.
    It's not a lack of clinical ability. It's a lack of confidence. I don't know why you've decided to interpret one as the other, when this discussion centered on, and started with, me stating Benteke's main failure currently is his lack of confidence.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst Europa League is the priority after the League Cup, we still need to finish in a respectable position if we want to attract players. Finish 15th (without winning the Europa League) and it looks like we're miles away from being competitive again. Also I couldn't bare to finish below Chelsea this season, all things considered.

ReputationRep:
    Late, I know, but even we got to the 5th round :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Caulker was in my year group, history class, & PE class back in year 10-11.

When we used to get changed in PE and left all our blazers hanging about, the guy used to jack everyone's dinner money/mobile phones. Now he's with you lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)

When we used to get changed in PE and left all our blazers hanging about, the guy used to jack everyone's dinner money/mobile phones. Now he's with you lot.
    oh **** thats a rek

also welcome back. hope your legs have stayed hair free.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Caulker back fit and again - so it'll be interesting to see whether Klopp deploys him and Sakho, or opts for Lucas after his decent showings in the heart of the back four.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Caulker back fit and again - so it'll be interesting to see whether Klopp deploys him and Sakho, or opts for Lucas after his decent showings in the heart of the back four.
    Worth giving Luas a rest since he played 120 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)

Hahahaha he's one of those guys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Worth giving Luas a rest since he played 120 minutes.
    I'm talking of playing him centre-back, though, not in his usual combative midfield role. Admittedly, he may be tired, but seeing as though he played so well, I'd like to have a bit of consistency in the selection at the back (something we just haven't had enough of).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge

Subs: Ward, Benteke, Caulker, Origi, Ibe, Stewart, Flanagan

Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge all start!

ReputationRep:
    Closest to full strength we've been all season.

ReputationRep:
    Really happy to see that side. The quality difference will be huge.

Villa are very poor but they did win their last match. No complacency. We need a win.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge 1-0!!!

What a pass Coutinho!

ReputationRep:
    Coutinho and Sturridge

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge 1-0.

ReputationRep:
    If only we could have had them together all season...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is what we're missing; goals out of nothing.

The cross by Coutinho was inch perfect and unlike Benteke, Sturridge took up a great position in the box.

Poor defending from Villa, but this is the quality we've been missing all season and it's gutting that the campaign is already starting to wrap up and this is the only time we've been able to field our strongest front line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

this is the quality we've been missing all season and it's gutting that the campaign is already starting to wrap up and this is the only time we've been able to field our strongest front line.
    The most fitting time tbh

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.