Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Ah, why couldn't you then? Were the number of students who wanted to take it up too low?

Yep. Well, I could've done M1/D1 at A2 level if I wanted to! I just chose S2 bc I don't like mechanics or decision.
    In my school,you have to do A level maths before you can do FM AS.Very weird indeed,as virtually no other school has this policy.
    Fair enough,I would love to do S2 but my school makes us do M1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    In my school,you have to do A level maths before you can do FM AS.Very weird indeed,as virtually no other school has this policy.
    Fair enough,I would love to do S2 but my school makes us do M1.
    Ah, I see.. thanks v much for explaining, I've never come across that rule before. Maybe they just want to make sure the students are able enough. It is strange, yes.

+ that sucks, it sounds all a bit.. too controlling. - I thought practically every sixth form allowed you to pick your own modules. Hm. Perhaps they're lacking in good stats teachers? I'm not sure, well I hope you're enjoying it regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished topic 2. - Periodicity.

Now onto redox equilibria. )':

ReputationRep:
    I need to do stuff so I'll continue working on redox once I've finished. >.>

Hopefully it won't take any longer than an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Ah, I see.. thanks v much for explaining, I've never come across that rule before. Maybe they just want to make sure the students are able enough. It is strange, yes.

+ that sucks, it sounds all a bit.. too controlling. - I thought practically every sixth form allowed you to pick your own modules. Hm. Perhaps they're lacking in good stats teachers? I'm not sure, well I hope you're enjoying it regardless.
    Yeah maths is fine. What is your plan once exams are over ?Im already feeling nervous for results day.I did not enjoy my chemistry exams at all and Biology felt mediocre. Hopefully,grade boundaries are low .

ReputationRep:
    Why is biology sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooöòõo oo long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Yeah maths is fine. What is your plan once exams are over ? I'm already feeling nervous for results day.I did not enjoy my chemistry exams at all and Biology felt mediocre. Hopefully,grade boundaries are low .
    Meh, I don't really have many plans. - Thinking about results day definitely isn't one of them. SLEEPING. :'3 Well, idk- I need to apply to uni after my last exam is over so that's the main thing then I'm going on holiday with a friend soon afterwards then I'll probably spend the rest of the summer just trying to relax + I want to learn to drive so I'll probs do a driving crash course/something. Tbh, I can't wait until I can spend days on end reading + breathing air. I can only properly prepare/think about stuff for the new academic year on results day though.

What about you? + Awh, try your best to take your mind off it by keeping yourself busy bc ..what's done is done. <3 If it's of any reassurance, I feel the same + half of them didn't go the way I wanted them too but you won't really know until the day so just make the most of the break, after all the work- you need it!

ReputationRep:
    i won't be able to do any work for the rest of the night. Hope everyone has a productive evening, I'll see you all tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    finished biology and will take a quick break will then do a chem paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OK finished that essay, took a bit longer than expected, but that's ok. I am going to spend the next 45 minutes copying up the ones i've already written, which will hopefully help me remember some of the facts this whole weekend is going to be spanish, bio5 and chem 5 are going to have to wait

ReputationRep:
    Had a bit of a break from revision and ate something - feeling a bit better but will power on with law now... even though it's behind schedule. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    willnow do a chem paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    procrastinated badly I feel down right terrible.
    gonna eat in 15 minutes and stay awake till three finishing off thermodynamics and redox equilirbria (just cells).
    tomorrow im start early as i can start off with animal responses.

ReputationRep:
    Me: "Yeah! I'll get through gene technologies and cloning and biotechnology by 6:00"

[4 hours later]

Me: "Now I'll need to look at the other half of the exam"

~

I'm so done.

ReputationRep:
    Still writing up these essays, want to do the last three tonight 😀may not have the time though

ReputationRep:
    I'm too tired, I've probably looked at over 100 or 120 sides of flashcards, I'll look at the rest tomorrow if I wake up early :yawn: At least there's season 4 of Orange is the new black to watch I'll finish watching the episode I started to keep my morale up

ReputationRep:
    Here's some motivation for peeps. Just came back from the gym to throw stuff in my medschool locker and people are still working...

Keep working guys, end is in sight.

ReputationRep:
    finished chem paper! i will take a quick brak and then do a c3 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did an F215 paper and a Chemistry unit 5 paper in the same day...I ded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Did an F215 paper and a Chemistry unit 5 paper in the same day...I ded.
    Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant!

Keep going to the end! You'll get there!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.