Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    Sleeplessly
    I go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 2, hopefully after results it will go back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    I go to sleep at 4 and wake up at 2, hopefully after results it will go back to normal.
    Same here, seems like there is no point of waking up some days but then I feel like a massive piece of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Same here, seems like there is no point of waking up some days but then I feel like a massive piece of ****.
    I've also been going to sleep at like 4am. Man, once Uni comes around I'm going to be so screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd post here in the runup to this.

Who, despite constantly getting consistent As and A*s in all practice papers beforehand, is still bricking themselves over this? I need to get AAB, the exact results I got last year, yet I don't see any scenario in which I will have done so. All my teachers are ones who've been marking for years now but I can't trust their judgement in all the mocks and practices I did. It's like nothing can get my mind off of failure and it sucks, probably the reason I'm up at 1am. These three days can't go fast enough.

For the record I'm doing Business, English Lit and Film, the first of which is what I'm going on to study. All three have always had relatively low grade boundaries so I'm interested in seeing what they are this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    Thought I'd post here in the runup to this.

Who, despite constantly getting consistent As and A*s in all practice papers beforehand, is still bricking themselves over this? I need to get AAB, the exact results I got last year, yet I don't see any scenario in which I will have done so. All my teachers are ones who've been marking for years now but I can't trust their judgement in all the mocks and practices I did. It's like nothing can get my mind off of failure and it sucks, probably the reason I'm up at 1am. These three days can't go fast enough.
    1am is nothing , you'll be fine. Everyone is *****ing it, I keep thinking my papers will get lost, or my exam won't be marked correct even in the papers I did well in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy_hill)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...RnMmlDcVk/view

all edexcel mark schemes are up, you can find them on the first post of this thread in all of the links!
    omg it says for lvl5 there needs to be an impressive conclusion. both my conclusions were shite because i was panicking due to time. do you think it's still possible for me to get an A if i included the right material and argued it consistently with evaluations?

ReputationRep:
    1am is nothing , you'll be fine. Everyone is *****ing it, I keep thinking my papers will get lost, or my exam won't be marked correct even in the papers I did well in.
    Omg im thinking the same 😠😠😠😠

ReputationRep:
    Ha, wish I had that kind of worry. My worries are that I somehow screwed it all up in the exam room (room because I was lucky/illegible enough to type my exams up). I'm deathly afraid of looking at Tutor2u and their provisional mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    It's this week 😭😱

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    It's this week 😭😱
    Why couldn't it have been the 15th like last year? Like I said above these three days are going to be utter hell.

I blame Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    Who's watching the Olympics? 100m and 400m finals tonight!

ReputationRep:
    It's this week 😭😱
    It was yesterday too (Sunday is start of the week)
    I'm not scared just impatient...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    Why couldn't it have been the 15th like last year? Like I said above these three days are going to be utter hell.

I blame Brexit.

Erm, it was the 13th last year...

(Original post by Aph)
    It was yesterday too (Sunday is start of the week)
    I'm not scared just impatient...
    I'm terrified 😭

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it was the 13th last year...
    Ah, well that's even worse. Nearly a whole week before we get ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economistician)
    Who's watching the Olympics? 100m and 400m finals tonight!
    what time is 100m final?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    what time is 100m final?
    It's gonna be at 2:25am UK time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    what time is 100m final?
    2:25

ReputationRep:
    Checking the Grade Boundaries from last year is really my only comfort at this point. They can't have changed that much, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    YES.
    Firm- A*AA
    Insurance- AAA
    Wish I'd chosen an AAB/ABB insurance now tbh as I'm probably going to end up in Clearing.
    Im in exactly the same position (same grades and all). What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnTheHorizon)
    Allow me to join in,That was my first FE game but it wasn't that much enjoyable,The storyline isn't that amazing(Then again most people don't play FE for Story) but I must admit the animation was good for a 3ds game.I played birthright and conquest,But since Revelations had the strongest story of the three,Might give it a try in the future.

I also like having fewer people know about a game,Means much more to me that way as well,jRPGs are good in that regard because even though some of them are quite popular and maybe even mainstream in the west,None of my classmates care about them.Its oddly satisfying for whatever reason.
    It was only my third FE game, and whilst I enjoyed its story and it in general, I appreciate that others may not share my opinion. Was there anything about the story that really bugged you?Same here regarding the lack of knowledge of JRPGs in the west, though I have got my friend into Fire Emblem now!

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.