8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    this is sci-fi, y'never know, similies can become metaphors :P

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd post this, my brother sent it to me. I hadn't seen it for a while and it made me lol. Reminded me how good that episode was..

John Simm ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Word of god says it's his mother.

In different but not completely unrelated news ...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s8/...torchwood.html
    Urg, Americans always like to make US versions of British shows, like The Office, what's wrong with watching the orginanal versions. Imagine that, american Torchwood, with mid season finales these american love.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Typical yanks.

Not only that but they'll also make it bigger (and better?). It suddenly seems far more logical that they take it to a global scale. I mean what is it with aliens and Wales? You'd think there was a rift in time/space or something...

But US shows are generally quite good and I thought we didn't do a great job with Torchwood as it is.

ReputationRep:
    They did the same thing with Life on Mars, but there was no John Simm so it was blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    They did the same thing with Life on Mars, but there was no John Simm so it was blah.
    Oh man, don't remind me. I caught about half the season - I enjoyed parts of it. It wasn't really Life on Mars as I knew it but it was relatively enjoyable.

What killed me was the ending.

Turns out Sam Tyler was in fact and astronaut going on a 'gene hunt' on Mars. As in, he was actually trying to find out if there was life on mars. And he was the son of Major Tom. :facepalm2: Now I'm a massive Bowie fan, so find the constant references absolutely hilarious.

And then they go and use Elton John as the final song?!

ReputationRep:
    President Obama ... HER father ... urgh ... They're already predicting his daughter will become the president? We don't really know if he's going to be any good yet!

To be honest, Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes probably wont make sense until the end of this series of A2A. And since they cancelled LOMS they had to think of SOMETHING to make it "work", and that seems like a plausible ending. Just not as good.

ReputationRep:
    http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...torchwood.html

More confirmation on Torchwood. They've written a pilot episode, which would seem strange if they were just transplanting our team to America as Fox would have many seasons to go on, so I'm guessing it's going to be a new team in America. This leaves hope of the two running in tandem, so getting two series of Torchood a year - one American and one British.

It's being made by BBC America for Fox by the looks of it, so I'm sure it'll be of the same quality since the executive panel is the same
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.co...torchwood.html

More confirmation on Torchwood. They've written a pilot episode, which would seem strange if they were just transplanting our team to America as Fox would have many seasons to go on, so I'm guessing it's going to be a new team in America. This leaves hope of the two running in tandem, so getting two series of Torchood a year - one American and one British.

It's being made by BBC America for Fox by the looks of it, so I'm sure it'll be of the same quality since the executive panel is the same
    I hope for this I love Torchwood as it is...but it would be nice to see what an American version was like, without having to lose a good series in the process :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's still in the rumour stage of course, and a pilot does not necessarily mean a series, but ... let's just keep hoping

ReputationRep:
    Will it be the USA's Torchwood (as in being able to work with Cardiff's Torchwood) or will it be the American version of Torchwood (like the Office), they have their own Harkness/Gwen etc. and not be able to have crossovers and the like?

ReputationRep:
    If they air together, I'd imagine it'll be their own team. Otherwise they wouldn't need a pilot and would just go off the ratings that the British version gets in America (which are quite high).

If they use the same team, only American, then it would be a bit weird to have both running together...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point in it though, Queen Victoria set up Torchwood to safeguard british shores against alien invasion...so why would america have one?

ReputationRep:
    Because President Obama (who we now know exists in the Whoniverse) knew about Torchwood, and thought they'd do a better job than UNIT for American aliens?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, one I can remember was ... on Sattelite 5? During the Bad Wolf Corporation's version of The Weakest Link.

ReputationRep:
    You think Wilf actually was the Doctor's dad? With the revelation that the woman was the mum, and the constant suggestions, it sort of fits.

ReputationRep:
    Wilf is not The Doctor's dad. That would be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Wilf is not The Doctor's dad. That would be ridiculous.
    The Master suggested it, Wilf said he'd be proud, the Doctor later said he'd be proud, the Doctor's mom has some kind of telepathic connection with him.

"Who are you?"
    "I'm Wilfred Mott."
    "No..."

The pieces are all there.

ReputationRep:
    The Master was taunting them, so Wilf said he would be proud if he were in retaliation. The Doctor's Mother (AKA The Woman in White) probably used the same method which sent The Sound of Drums to The Master in order to communicate with Wilf. Wilfred Mott being something more was most likely him being the cause of The Doctor's demise, much like how Donna's true purpose was the metacrisis. Hence why both characters kept meeting up with The Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    The Doctor's Mother (AKA The Woman in White) probably used the same method which sent The Sound of Drums to The Master in order to communicate with Wilf.
    You mean the method that could only break from the time lock because it was implanted into the young Master's head while he was still within the time lock? I don't think so. (Unless you're talking about a psychic connection between mum and dad that existed back then, in which case, I do think so!)

Wilfred Mott being something more was most likely him being the cause of The Doctor's demise, much like how Donna's true purpose was the metacrisis. Hence why both characters kept meeting up with The Doctor.
    So your answer is basically "destiny did it"? Almost as bad as battlestar galactica's "God did it". Speaking of which, they still haven't explained who was responsible for drawing the time lines together with Donna.

You're missing this from the writer's perspective. Two people brought the dad-reference up independently, and then the woman he keeps seeing is all of a sudden the mum, why would they do that?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.