Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    I'm sorry Juno. I'm sure we'll have another mass conversation on MSN at some point. Also, I was distracted earlier today by the phone, so I didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye. Was nice briefly catching up. :smile:

My presence in that conversation was not needed. If anything, the conflicting topics were making it difficult for all of us. :sadnod:
    no it wasnt :s: that kind of thing always happens on big convos :s: you're a msn noob:eek:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi everyone :hi:

How's it going?
    Heya :hugs: I approve of the ed avatar!! yay ed

Also hello aiko :hugs:
    and hello vin :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    no it wasnt :s: that kind of thing always happens on big convos :s: you're a msn noob:eek:
    msn is difficult to understand....it was nice having a mass conversation but I think I spent more time trying to work out what button to click than talking
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    msn is difficult to understand....it was nice having a mass conversation but I think I spent more time trying to work out what button to click than talking
    Aiko says yo have to help me with my homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    n00b:no:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Aiko says yo have to help me with my homework
    Really? Doesn't sound like something Aiko would say without mentioning it first...but I will help a little, remember I won't do it for you and I've worked really hard to give myself a proper evening off so I'm not going to spend all night...but if you send me what you've got so far we can do some work together
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    Really? Doesn't sound like something Aiko would say without mentioning it first...but I will help a little, remember I won't do it for you and I've worked really hard to give myself a proper evening off so I'm not going to spend all night...but if you send me what you've got so far we can do some work together
    Well I tried to make her help and she wouldn't :sad: She said she sucks at maths.

I think x = 2
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Well I tried to make her help and she wouldn't :sad: She said she sucks at maths.

I think x = 2
    Ah ok, so why do you think x=2?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Because the back of the book said so :rolleyes:

Now I'm finding the radius of a circle. I know its centre

ReputationRep:
    cheater :mad: its not the answer that matters but how you got to it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Because the back of the book said so :rolleyes:

Now I'm finding the radius of a circle. I know its centre
    Juno if you're getting 90+ percent on your tests that obviously isn't how you're getting your answers :p: and circles....need any specific help with them?

edit: vin's right...but I'm thinking you already know that...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It took 3 pages of working to get x=2 :sad: This is one of my assignments, so I don't have the back of the book for an answer.

I think I'm over my problem now. I just got stuck, because I was working out something and though I'd done it a different way for one of them. Bt I realised I'd done it the same way, but as something was 0 it wasn't there. So I'd written "y=" rather than "y-0=" but tis the same anyway.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    It took 3 pages of working to get x=2 :sad: This is one of my assignments, so I don't have the back of the book for an answer.

I think I'm over my problem now. I just got stuck, because I was working out something and though I'd done it a different way for one of them. Bt I realised I'd done it the same way, but as something was 0 it wasn't there. So I'd written "y=" rather than "y-0=" but tis the same anyway.
    That sounds like it could be the root of the problem...glad you found the answer message back if you need any more help
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    That sounds like it could be the root of the problem...glad you found the answer message back if you need any more help
    Now the circles have turned into squares and I have to complete them :cry:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Now the circles have turned into squares and I have to complete them :cry:
    :console: poor Juno...completing the square is a good thing...it makes everything pretty and easy to work with at the end.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yes, as I said to Juno on MSN, the last time I undertook "Maths" was during IGCSE, which was depressingly 10 years ago. I remarkably managed to attain an A too. Thank you for helping Juno, Jenni. :smile:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    :console: poor Juno...completing the square is a good thing...it makes everything pretty and easy to work with at the end.
    But they're not squares :stomp:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes, as I said to Juno on MSN, the last time I undertook "Maths" was during IGCSE, which was depressingly 10 years ago. I remarkably managed to attain an A too. Thank you for helping Juno, Jenni. :smile:
    Oh wow well done I've never been quite sure what an IGCSE is though...is it similar to the GCSE or is it a different level of qualification? and it's alright I like helping Juno out I reckon she helps me more often than I help her :giggle:

(Original post by Juno)
    But they're not squares :stomp:
    I know it's confusing, think it refers more to the polynomial level of the equation rather than the shape though...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by skipp)
    Oh wow well done I've never been quite sure what an IGCSE is though...is it similar to the GCSE or is it a different level of qualification? and it's alright I like helping Juno out I reckon she helps me more often than I help her :giggle:
    I'm not entirely sure myself. I went to an international school in Japan, which underwent the British educational curriculum, including A-Level. IGCSE is simply the international equivalent to the GCSE, therefore it's technically the same qualification. That said, I have heard that it's a more rigorous assessment because it's more exam-based, less coursework.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm not entirely sure myself. I went to an international school in Japan, which underwent the British educational curriculum, including A-Level. IGCSE is simply the international equivalent to the GCSE, therefore it's technically the same qualification. That said, I have heard that it's more rigorous assessment because it's more exam-based, less coursework.
    Ah ok, I had no idea there were international GCSE's so I've learnt something today :yes: they've started removing coursework from british GCSE's now except in areas where it's necessary like English and Art...my younger brother finished his in July and I remember him having a lot more exams and less coursework. I think there's plus and minus sides to both Exams and coursework...in year 11 I hated coursework but loved exams but starting art in year 12 made me realise the benefit of coursework a little more...guessing doing a british curriculum made the transition to university over here a little easier?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.