Sex. (31)
33.33%
This discussion is closed.
bex285
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grrr all the uni sigs on here are making me wish my teachers would stop giving me conflicting advice about my PS.
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rosie9391)
Hello
How are you tonight?
Great. Came back from Glasgow about an hour ago...I now wonder what Pedrobear looks like, because I was seeing bears everywhere in the cinema. :p:
Kirsteneg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3300 words of dissertation done. :awesome: Now just the intro and conclusion. :sigh:
rosie9391
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Madjackismad)
Great. Came back from Glasgow about an hour ago...I now wonder what Pedrobear looks like, because I was seeing bears everywhere in the cinema. :p:
Haha, what did you see? New Moon? :p:
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
Haha, what did you see? New Moon? :p:
Yes :sigh: she wanted to see it. Badly. It was horrible (not really since...y'know) but the movie was just awful.

:awesome:
LuhLah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bex285)
Grrr all the uni sigs on here are making me wish my teachers would stop giving me conflicting advice about my PS.
Go with your gut.
rosie9391
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes :sigh: she wanted to see it. Badly. It was horrible (not really since...y'know) but the movie was just awful.

:awesome:
:awesome: Well minus the movie...saying that I'm meant to be going next week, hopefully people might calm down by then. :o:
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
:awesome: Well minus the movie...saying that I'm meant to be going next week, hopefully people might calm down by then. :o:
Ha! No chance. Girls were bloody reading the New Moon book before the film started. :facepalm2: When it did start, some started to scream and every time there was a shirt taken off or Gayward Cullen walked on, all the girls started to giggle. :sigh:
ukdragon37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well what advice do you need?
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
Ach, I'm shattered. Night everyone (or those that are still up).
rosie9391
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ha! No chance. Girls were bloody reading the New Moon book before the film started. :facepalm2: When it did start, some started to scream and every time there was a shirt taken off or Gayward Cullen walked on, all the girls started to giggle. :sigh:
That's what it was like at a twilight showing during freshers, it was so cringey and just...:facepalm: Girls :rolleyes:
rosie9391
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Night madjack :wavey:

I'm off too, want to get up at a decent time tomorrow...

Edit: today :sigh:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ukdragon37)
Well what advice do you need?
I honestly have no idea, as stupid as that sounds!
Teacher 1 (Teaches Art, S.E teacher): This is good. Just add *this* and *this* and that should be perfect.
*Hands in second draft*
Teacher 1: That's great.
Me: It's too long though
Teacher 1: Take it to Teacher 2 (Teaches French, which I'm applying for!) and she'll tell you what to take out.
Teacher 2: I've made some changes, I don't think you've "sold yourself" enough. *Hands back second draft with LOADS of annotations to make changes and add things. Then asks me to come and see her on Monday so she can talk me through all the changes.* (Note: one of the changes is taking out the bits added by Teacher 1!!)
Teacher 3 (Guidance teacher, Teaches Maths and will be writing reference even though she barely knows me) : I read your PS on UCAS, it's great! Come and see me on Monday and we'll try and get it done and sent away.

Arghhhhhh! :woo:
bex285
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LuhLah)
Go with your gut.
They're confusing my gut lol.
TheUnbeliever
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ukdragon37)
The deadline's almost up :mmm:
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. :dontknow:
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
Morning folks.
ukdragon37
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheUnbeliever)
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. :dontknow:
:rofl: I shouldn't take things so seriously...

I honestly have no idea, as stupid as that sounds!
Teacher 1 (Teaches Art, S.E teacher): This is good. Just add *this* and *this* and that should be perfect.
*Hands in second draft*
Teacher 1: That's great.
Me: It's too long though
Teacher 1: Take it to Teacher 2 (Teaches French, which I'm applying for!) and she'll tell you what to take out.
Teacher 2: I've made some changes, I don't think you've "sold yourself" enough. *Hands back second draft with LOADS of annotations to make changes and add things. Then asks me to come and see her on Monday so she can talk me through all the changes.* (Note: one of the changes is taking out the bits added by Teacher 1!!)
Teacher 3 (Guidance teacher, Teaches Maths and will be writing reference even though she barely knows me) : I read your PS on UCAS, it's great! Come and see me on Monday and we'll try and get it done and sent away.

Arghhhhhh! :woo:
You need to assert yourself. In the end it's *your* application. Decide yourself what to keep and what to take out and then politely rebut any teacher that says otherwise. Too many cooks spoil the broth, as they say.
Pedrobear
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I now wonder what Pedrobear looks like, because I was seeing bears everywhere in the cinema. :p:
:iiam:
Madjackismad
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pedrobear)
:iiam:
And it always will be. Did you go last night?
Pedrobear
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And it always will be. Did you go last night?
No. :p: My company was feeling too ill. Maybe tonight if that improves. Sounds like it was a lucky escape anyway. How'd things go with the girl? :moon:

also -- Did you get one of those Fanta slushies? One's excursion to Cineworld is hardly complete without it. Damn, I'd love one for breakfast right now. :coma:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads