The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

since the NFL left my city ,I don't have a favorite team .but I bet on NFL games all the time. they say that the NFL's coming back to my city soon now .cross your fingers for me .
Original post by dgeorge
I became one after the superteam of 2007.

What I wouldn't give for Randy Moss to be back on the team. Probably the most potent offensive combination in history (of course Brady and Gronk/Welker come close)

:frown:

Nice to see a fellow Pats fan! Brady and Moss combination was truly a thing of beauty! What i wouldn't give for a deep threat receiver like him in our team. Hell we need some more receivers, ours are dropping like flies!

I say we make a play at Mike Wallace, dude is a poor route running but boy can he stretch the field and turn on the after burners. Him or Justin Hunter would be insane! It's a real shame we haven't really had our best offense out this season yet still we are torching teams...
Original post by emobambam
since the NFL left my city ,I don't have a favorite team .but I bet on NFL games all the time. they say that the NFL's coming back to my city soon now .cross your fingers for me .

Who's your team?
Original post by johnharris19944
If you don't get home field youyr lot are screwed. Woeful away from home haha :tongue:

Not ridiculous that they will have homefield advantage though. If they run the table (at Bills, vs SF, vs Rams, definitely possible), and SF loses in NE (also very possible) then the Seahawks take the division at 11-5. If GB drops a game (likely as they have to play at Chicago and at Minnesota), then Seattle will be the no. 2 seed as they have the tiebreaker from the "simultaneous catch" game. Then there's a good chance that there'll be a rematch in the divisional round, and since Matty Ice, as much as I love him, will probably choke from the no. 1 seed, it could all run through Seattle. And they're exactly the type of team (tough defence) that would frighten me most in the Super Bowl as a Patriots fan.

Then again, the last time I got on the Seahawks bandwagon, they lost at Miami...

As for the MVP debate, I'm really not sure. Any of Brady, Manning and AP deserve it. If the Vikes make the playoffs, then I'd give it to AP - in the last 7 games, the Vikes have averaged 137 yards passing, they'd be nowhere without him. If not, toss a coin between the 2 QBs.
Who's your team?

I live in Los Angeles we had the Rams and the Raiders .the Rams moved to Saint Louis and the Raiders moved back to Oakland .people are talking about in 2 years will have a team .everybody thinks it's going to bethe San Diego Chargers .I've always loved the USC Trojans .they're a college team
Original post by emobambam
I live in Los Angeles we had the Rams and the Raiders .the Rams moved to Saint Louis and the Raiders moved back to Oakland .people are talking about in 2 years will have a team .everybody thinks it's going to bethe San Diego Chargers .I've always loved the USC Trojans .they're a college team

Ah since you watch USC what is your opinion on Robert Woods? Would he help the Patriots?
Ah since you watch USC what is your opinion on Robert Woods? Would he help the Patriots?

that would be incredible combination Brady to woods .you should watch marquice lee. he has incredible hands great hands .
Reply 4727
Original post by dgeorge
A certain player with the initials PM would like to have a word with you...

Don't get me wrong I love what Manning is doing and I've said that, but he's come back to be the same player he was and fitting in with the rest of the top QBs, AP has come back with a new knee in a season where people we're questioning if he'd even start a game and is on track for 2k whilst blowing every over RB in the league out the water. No question for me.
Original post by ..DT..
Don't get me wrong I love what Manning is doing and I've said that, but he's come back to be the same player he was and fitting in with the rest of the top QBs, AP has come back with a new knee in a season where people we're questioning if he'd even start a game and is on track for 2k whilst blowing every over RB in the league out the water. No question for me.

I was wondering if Manning would ever play professional ball as well, and if he was drafted, if he would be at least halfway decent. But he's as good, if not better, than he was before the surgery. This is a guy who's 35, just had possible career ending surgery, took an entire year off, got drafted into a *new* team with *new* personnel and is in the running for MVP status.

Of course, I absolutely agree that AP has been ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS this season, I just think Peyton is DEFINITELY in the dsicussion for comback player of the year.
Original post by dgeorge
I was wondering if Manning would ever play professional ball as well, and if he was drafted, if he would be at least halfway decent. But he's as good, if not better, than he was before the surgery. This is a guy who's 35, just had possible career ending surgery, took an entire year off, got drafted into a *new* team with *new* personnel and is in the running for MVP status.

Of course, I absolutely agree that AP has been ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS this season, I just think Peyton is DEFINITELY in the dsicussion for comback player of the year.

I would say Peterson's is more impressive although you could argue hes not really a comeback since he got injured in week 15 last year so he only missed 1 game but what Peterson has done recovered from an ACL tear so quickly and coming back and still being the best RB by so far is incredible. Peterson is putting his team on his back by himself that I'm surprised his back hasn't broken from carrying them :laugh:
Oh god man, thats a toughie if they took the suspension they could have had him back by playoffs but then they could have not made the playoffs as well, on the other hand they also had the chance of using them and delaying the suspension to get to the playoffs but then the cornerbacks severely weakened for the playoffs.

Tough situation :redface:

Sherman's appeal has been pushed back so far that if he gets banned its for 2013 :smile: So we got all starters for playoffs assuming we get there. Need to win out and for NE to beat the Whiners.
I do believe I've just wasted a sizable amount of money. Stuck £20 on the Patriots to win the Superbowl which isn't a bad shout by any means, watching us rip apart an 11-1 team with a severely depleted offense and a misfiring Brady convinced me that this is our year...but I'm sure I've just jinxed us.

Fiver each on Seahawks or Dallas to make New Orleans on 5th February. Not sure about the Seahawks despite them annihilating Arizona last weekend, but I just have a feeling about the Cowboys, results have started to go for them and I reckon they're building up a head of steam. Just a shame they're up against the likes of San Fran, Giants and Green Bay who both have postseason experience.
I would say Peterson's is more impressive although you could argue hes not really a comeback since he got injured in week 15 last year so he only missed 1 game but what Peterson has done recovered from an ACL tear so quickly and coming back and still being the best RB by so far is incredible. Peterson is putting his team on his back by himself that I'm surprised his back hasn't broken from carrying them :laugh:

Could say the same thing about Manning, except that Manning has made a BIGGER impact. I think the Broncos were "good" last year, but now they are one of the "elite" teams with Manning. Whereas the Vikings, even with the incredible numbers of AP, are still struggling to make it to the playoffs. Of course, the QB obviously has an advantage in making a difference in the team, but you can't deny that Peyton has improved the Broncos, while AP hasn't made much of a difference in the win column for the mediocre team.
Reply 4733
This is the worst capitulation of any team I've ever seen from the Eagles... 5 plays, 4 turnovers.
Original post by Wattsy
This is the worst capitulation of any team I've ever seen from the Eagles... 5 plays, 4 turnovers.

It's the Eagles? They even managed to block their own punt :/
Original post by dgeorge
Could say the same thing about Manning, except that Manning has made a BIGGER impact. I think the Broncos were "good" last year, but now they are one of the "elite" teams with Manning. Whereas the Vikings, even with the incredible numbers of AP, are still struggling to make it to the playoffs. Of course, the QB obviously has an advantage in making a difference in the team, but you can't deny that Peyton has improved the Broncos, while AP hasn't made much of a difference in the win column for the mediocre team.

In a passing league the Vikings have the 32nd ranked passing offense. Their defense is distinctly average.

AP is carrying this team.
Reply 4736
If you don't get home field youyr lot are screwed. Woeful away from home haha :tongue:

nonsense!
Wilson had what should have been game-winning drives against the Dolphins and Lions (but the defense capitulated, just as they did against the Bears, fortunately Wilson was given another opportunity to have a game winning drive so he did), and the Rams game was a fluke (58 and 60 yard field goals + another TD off of a fake FG, which was just a smart play, but not a mistake they'll repeat).
The Cardinals game I'll take as a bad loss, but it was also a rookie QB in his first ever game on the road against a divisional rival that started hot with a very good defense. And well the 49ers are one of the best teams in the league and it was still a close game.

I have every faith that the Seahawks can beat anyone on the road
Reply 4737
Anyone watching two of the big games on Sunday night?
I'll be watching the Packers - Bears game. NFC North title up for grabs - it'll be a good one!
Will be watching 49ers Patriots definitely not sure about earlier might be watching NBA instead.

Latest