Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Our play would go through Wilshere if he wasn't the deepest lying of our midfielders. Arsene should just free him to play the Cesc role tomorrow and tell Diaby to hang back. We need an ACM that can pick a pass and Wilshere is the closest to that. Shame Ramsey isn't a few weeks sharper
    Agree with you a lot here, Ramsay ultimately fits that role better but Wilshere is the best we have. Definitely better than Rosicky right now in that role and Nasri is a lot more efficient on the right side.

A lot of people consider Wilshere and Ramsay the future of this club and rightly so but could they work together? :gah:

The team available is very strong, I don't think it is unfair to expect a win but this is a cup final and Birmingham are a quality team on their day, especially as a defensive unit. The team need to show a 100% commitment and not to start or end the game sluggishly.

Going for a nervy 3-1 Arsenal win, staying optimistic RVP, Arshavin and...........Wilshere :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Wenger saying that our play will go through Wilshere is a strong hint that he plans on starting Denilson. There's no way Wenger could trust Diaby to have any positional awareness and sit deep.

And Wenger saying this: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-far-too-risky

...might suggest that there was some truth behind the 'Cesc being angry' stories. Maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Wenger saying that our play will go through Wilshere is a strong hint that he plans on starting Denilson. There's no way Wenger could trust Diaby to have any positional awareness and sit deep.

And Wenger saying this: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...-far-too-risky

...might suggest that there was some truth behind the 'Cesc being angry' stories. Maybe.
    The boss is right and the most important thing is to make sure I get fit as quickly as possible to help Arsenal for the rest of the season. So while it is agonising I can’t be with the lads on the pitch on Sunday, I’ll be working hard to ensure I am part of the whole adventure.
    Cesc said that (according to Arseblog, it doesn't link it to anywhere though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jit987)
    In the short term the media will hail Arsenal for beating Barca over 2 legs and this may continue for a few weeks and also possibly one of Wenger's memorable matches. But in the long term many will forget it and ask the Arsenal crops again 'When is the last time you won a trophy, which will continue until they deliver any silverware.
    I would rather have a decent chance of winning the CL (and if we can beat Barca, we could easily end up winning it) than winning the Carling Cup.

That's just my opinion. I don't care what the WUMs or the media would say. I reckon beating Barca would bring more prestige and confidence to the side.

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere as an ACM sounds very interesting. Hopefully Diaby has learnt his lesson and will keep his cool.

Winning this match will give us more momentum. We've been playing consistently well and in this crucial part of the season it is important to keep confidence as high as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else getting the pre-final nerves already?:erm:

ReputationRep:
    Not Alan Davies.

ReputationRep:
    JET came on for Cardiff and got a goal. :teeth:

Apparently he 'danced with the ball for about ten minutes before lashing in a left foot volley' :coma:

ReputationRep:
    The final will be a tough game, but I think we can overcome it if we get over this "attractive football" vibe. I love the football that we play, but sometimes we just need to bang it into the net, Van Persie and Chamakh seem to be the biggest culprits of this. Fabregas too. I think we should rest Wilshere as he'll be crucial for the game against Orient. Denilson could make his big comeback in the game, I hope so anyway as I don't trust Diaby in an attacking sense. He can control the pace of the game, but little more.

Bendtner should get into the starting line up for height alone, in case we need Route 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Anyone else getting the pre-final nerves already?:erm:
    I'll save them for a better final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    JET came on for Cardiff and got a goal. :teeth:

Apparently he 'danced with the ball for about ten minutes before lashing in a left foot volley' :coma:
    Oh, you're a fan of JET as well :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Concern'd Viewer)
    The final will be a tough game, but I think we can overcome it if we get over this "attractive football" vibe. I love the football that we play, but sometimes we just need to bang it into the net, Van Persie and Chamakh seem to be the biggest culprits of this. Fabregas too. I think we should rest Wilshere as he'll be crucial for the game against Orient. Denilson could make his big comeback in the game, I hope so anyway as I don't trust Diaby in an attacking sense. He can control the pace of the game, but little more.

Bendtner should get into the starting line up for height alone, in case we need Route 1.
    Chamakh definitely ... fabregas too

But van persie?? The guy almost always shoots on first site of goal....
    In the Barca game if it was any other player on the pitch they would have tried to pick up bendtner....but not rvp...hes one of the few players with the self confidence to go for goal even in that situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    Chamakh definitely ... fabregas too

But van persie?? The guy almost always shoots on first site of goal....
    In the Barca game if it was any other player on the pitch they would have tried to pick up bendtner....but not rvp...hes one of the few players with the self confidence to go for goal even in that situation
    He should 30 goals by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Oh, you're a fan of JET as well :sigh:
    What's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    What's wrong with that?
    I don't like JET, don't think he'll turn into anything. I've seen him play for the reserves you see :awesome:

Probably be playing for Motherwell in a few years :proud:

ReputationRep:
    For tommorrow all I can say is COME ON ARSENAL.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just heard that Nasri will be on 100,000 a week, would you say that's about right? Do Arsenal have a wage cap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    Add that to Arsenal DNA :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    This is really :cute:

I'm slightly nervous about tomorrow for some reason :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.