Billa Bong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dission)
Spoiler:
Show
You can tell who is the winner by the preview. They showed Helen and Tom sitting down in front of Sugar´s left hand side and Suzie and Jim on the right side. Then they showed how he clearly pointed to his left twice (Helen and Tom) saying You are fired and then once to the right side to say "You are hired", so Suzie or Jim is the winner.
i thought that too...but it could have been the you're hired line from last time for all we know but i did think exactly that when i saw it
passthedutchie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mamooshka)
Not sure if I caught the whole preview for the final at the end of last night's show, but it just looked as though the final consisted of the interviews and Lord Sugar looking over their business plans...is there a task at all? :puppyeyes:
Ah no. Not really a task as far as i can tell. You can see Claude, Margaret and the rest demolishing every fibre of the plans.

but...

it seems totally wrong to me. I thought it was a much better idea to at least let other entrepreneurs judge the business plan. And let Claude, Margaret etc judge the CV ONLY.

why?

because Claude is an accountant. Yes, he knows finance. Yes, he knows how a healthy business plan looks like. But can he really transfer himself into the shoes of an entrepreneur? No. I don't think so. LS himself send Edward away for, among other things, being too account-ish.

I thought they could set-up mock companies with entrepreneurs as a task (the ones from Dragon's Den for example). Then let these entrepreneurs advise LS on who is the better candidate. But alas, it's not to be. Perhaps next time.
Focus08
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From the way they are sitting at the end, and the direction that LS points, can anyone make out the winner?
Nutta!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by penniroyaltea)
Am I the only one who thinks Tom is EXTREMELY lucky to be in the final? I mean he's a likeable guy, but he's failed on nearly every task.
Based on her performance throughout the series, Helen seems to be front runner.
He's looking for a buisness partner- Helen has not run a business before...

But Suzie has- and Tom has brought a product to market and been successful.
GooseNation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didnt see Bordan in the preview
Cerdog
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dission)
Spoiler:
Show
You can tell who is the winner by the preview. They showed Helen and Tom sitting down in front of Sugar´s left hand side and Suzie and Jim on the right side. Then they showed how he clearly pointed to his left twice (Helen and Tom) saying You are fired and then once to the right side to say "You are hired", so Suzie or Jim is the winner.
Spoiler:
Show
They film all the possible endings, so the clip of "You're Hired" they showed was just a random one. He probably hasn't even decided who's won yet. I also wouldn't be surprised if they used clips of "You're Fired" from random episodes to disguise what happens.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But did Jim look tired in the boardroom or what? Normally, he's first to speak, or right on anyone's case. It seemed ages before he spoke up.

I remember Michael from series 4 complaining he was just out of energy. So tired it impaired his judgement on the task he got fired on IMO.

We all have an easy time commenting but to be actually in there, being watched and scrutinized every single day... can't be easy.
The Anti-Hero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I couldn't work with Susan, I just couldn't.

Sure she has "good ideas" every now and again, but that's simply because she disagrees with EVERYTHING that everybody else says. If you complain about 100% of things, the law of averages suggests you're going to be right at least a few times.

I think good ol' Karren had it spot on; you really do need a sieve to deal with her. She talks so much crap and so little sense. She's childish and in my opinion, rather impotent. I think she's the least deserving finalist.

(Sorry to be a hater, but at least I'm trying to be a rational one!)
micky022
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I too cannot stand Susan. She's just insufferably annoying. As Anti-Hero says, she disagrees with everything and when your Apprentice catchphrase is 'That's so unfair!' you're not really the best candidate.
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Anti-Hero)
I couldn't work with Susan, I just couldn't.

Sure she has "good ideas" every now and again, but that's simply because she disagrees with EVERYTHING that everybody else says. If you complain about 100% of things, the law of averages suggests you're going to be right at least a few times.

I think good ol' Karren had it spot on; you really do need a sieve to deal with her. She talks so much crap and so little sense. She's childish and in my opinion, rather impotent. I think she's the least deserving finalist.

(Sorry to be a hater, but at least I'm trying to be a rational one!)
She is a true entrepreneur IMO. But just an immature one. She needs to take other people's opinions into her decisions. But with proper guidance and experience can be a real force IMO. It's a question on how LS stands on that matter. He might expect a slightly higher degree of maturity since he doesn't want to waste 250.000 pounds on someone who breaks down on a crucial moment. Which she might.

I think LS will let her go, being that she is extremely young (21 or 22) and she will get her day with or without LS. He could also help her along by connecting her to other, more suitable entrepreneurs IMO. She'd be better off with (an) entrepreneur(s) who is slightly older (30's, 40's) and very mature.
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched the episode and watching You're Fired now. Good to see Natasha has got rid of that comb over. She actually looks alright now.
Sketch
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Helen is by far the strongest competitor at the moment IMO.. while everyone else has quite severe negatives (Tom never puts himself forward as PM and is way too passive, Jim can't do maths, Susie is childish and doesn't get along with anyone), Helen always seems to come out almost perfect in every task! Theres no way she's going! also, i sware she's the oldest?
-strawberry-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me and my mum started clapping and cheering when Jim got through, such a stupid reaction :rolleyes:
Right Guard 3.D
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At the start of the series, Tom just looked awkward in every situation and was completely out of the whole team all the time. I never expected him to be here, but last night he really showed he was meant to be there, it was definitely him to made the business plan with all calculations etc.

I would like him to win, I'm dreading sunday though as his business plan may be full of errors since he is dyslexic (spelling errors since I'm assuming they make them themselves?) so those will be picked up on.
But he is also in a good position since he has his own business, he is top notch on all his numbers and he has a decent set of products in his business.

Ultimately I think Susan or Helen will win though, though I'm not sure why Helen will since she doesn't have a business. Susan can learn so much more and I think she will benefit more and LS will see this.

Can't wait for Sunday
Roobsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
At the start of the series, Tom just looked awkward in every situation and was completely out of the whole team all the time. I never expected him to be here, but last night he really showed he was meant to be there, it was definitely him to made the business plan with all calculations etc.

I would like him to win, I'm dreading sunday though as his business plan may be full of errors since he is dyslexic (spelling errors since I'm assuming they make them themselves?) so those will be picked up on.
But he is also in a good position since he has his own business, he is top notch on all his numbers and he has a decent set of products in his business.

Ultimately I think Susan or Helen will win though, though I'm not sure why Helen will since she doesn't have a business. Susan can learn so much more and I think she will benefit more and LS will see this.

Can't wait for Sunday
That would be discrimination and illegal. I really don't think the "errors" in the preview would be about spelling. However, being dyslexic doesn't mean you can't pick up a dictionary and spell check.

Tom has only taken products to market, which doesn't necessarily mean he has his own business. They're 2 different things. I can't think of a time when Tom has said he runs his own business.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Can't wait for the finale, I bet Jim will get a hard time as he BS' a lot so I wonder if it was his Business Plan that has a lot of errors and is basically BS (one of the guys mentioned something about BS didn't they?).

Glad Tom is in the final, even though he is dyslexic I don't think he will have a bad business plan when it comes to the important number crunching as someone above mentioned something to do with spelling... spelling plays second fiddle if the projections are added up correctly.

Not sure what to make of Susan just yet, she is like an annoying dog that won't stop barking but she does have the odd idea.

Helen... well we'll see what happens with her, doubt she will get the job unless she has a stellar business plan as she hasn't got a background in starting a business nor does her family by the looks of it... although that could be BS
NOBODY MOVE!
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
good result yesterday. natasha = grrrrr.

in terms of who i like to win:
tom > helen > jim >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> susan. ugh,susan. is annoying. and looks like fish. -_-'

in terms of who i think will win:
alan sugar's little pet/susan (noooo) > tom > helen (......while has been good throughout,what her business is/plan for one seems unclear) > jim.
Discord
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Can't wait for the finale, I bet Jim will get a hard time as he BS' a lot so I wonder if it was his Business Plan that has a lot of errors and is basically BS (one of the guys mentioned something about BS didn't they?).

Glad Tom is in the final, even though he is dyslexic I don't think he will have a bad business plan when it comes to the important number crunching as someone above mentioned something to do with spelling... spelling plays second fiddle if the projections are added up correctly.

Not sure what to make of Susan just yet, she is like an annoying dog that won't stop barking but she does have the odd idea.

Helen... well we'll see what happens with her, doubt she will get the job unless she has a stellar business plan as she hasn't got a background in starting a business nor does her family by the looks of it... although that could be BS
Totally agree, Can't wait to see the interviews! Your comment on Susan is spot on as well, haha.
sunshiyne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Jim's accent is awesome
Although helen and susan are okay (in terms of candidates), i think Tom might just win. He's like everything Lord Sugar is looking for. (kind of)
passthedutchie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Roobsa)
Just watched the episode and watching You're Fired now. Good to see Natasha has got rid of that comb over. She actually looks alright now.
YES. She looked good and i found her very calm and collected. People got to be fair: despite her many flaws, Natasha can still make a cool magazine or direct a good commercial.

It's just that, under pressure, she becomes grumpy and shuts down. If she's in control and in her zone, she can shine. The final four do have larger comfort zones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise