Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Voulez-vous couchez chez moi, ce soir?
    In fairness, Mourinho's got the moves to make up for the rest of the Chelsea team. Jose would bring the girls out for an expensive meal(paid for by a rich uncle Roman...), promise them the world and eventually win the battle. Arsene would bring the girl to a reasonably priced restaurant, explain how he could develop the girl over a few years and then go home on the night bus(keeping the cash for a rainy day. :erm:
    Forgot to mention that Arsene would go to a Hipster Ivorian joint somewhere in East London '''ze food is of exceptional quality and the chef's mental toughness is exceptional, he gives absolutely everything''. whereas Jose would be dining at Gordon Ramsey's ''loool, send the bill to Roman''

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, in case you haven't seen it yet, I just wanted to let you all know about the Draft Game that's happening in the Football Forum: basically, we're into the third iteration of a game where sixteen participants have chosen players based on certain frameworks to build teams and compete against each other. Here's the general thread for the current game - you can view the rules in the OP. Basically, the 'matches' themselves are voting affairs, so that's where you can participate at this stage - here's the match being currently played and it's the final!! :woo:, so if you're interested check it out and cast your vote! It's the final so we would really like as many people to vote as possible!

ReputationRep:
    So are we signing anybody or is summer 2013 going to be the same as the last 8? :pierre:

1st July nears closer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    So are we signing anybody or is summer 2013 going to be the same as the last 8? :pierre:

1st July nears closer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)

1st July nears closer
    Indeed, the opening of the transfer window draws closer...

ReputationRep:
    In fairness plenty of other clubs have announced signings which will go through on 1 July.

With Ancelotti appointed as the new Real Madrid manager, you'd imagine that the Higuian deal should be resolved soon..?

Not even sure who else is being linked to Arsenal. What do you guys need? Have plenty of wingers and AMs from what I remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    In fairness plenty of other clubs have announced signings which will go through on 1 July.

With Ancelotti appointed as the new Real Madrid manager, you'd imagine that the Higuian deal should be resolved soon..?

Not even sure who else is being linked to Arsenal. What do you guys need? Have plenty of wingers and AMs from what I remember?
    2 midfielders IMO - an AM and a DM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)

(Original post by zxh800)
    Indeed, the opening of the transfer window draws closer...
    True.. it expires on the 31st August right?

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to mention that Arsene would go to a Hipster Ivorian joint somewhere in East London '''ze food is of exceptional quality and the chef's mental toughness is exceptional, he gives absolutely everything''. whereas Jose would be dining at Gordon Ramsey's ''loool, send the bill to Roman''
    i lol'd

Apparently, we're being linked to 17-year old Croatian centre-back Tin Jedvaj, who is also wanted by Spurs and AS Roma. He made his professional debut for Dinamo Zagreb last season and made 13 appearances, scoring once. :beard:

ReputationRep:

Don't really need much. There won't be any major departures like previous season so we have a strong foundation. Higuain and Fellaini would be a good summer. I can't really see any more additions. If Vermaelen leaves we'll sign another CB.

ReputationRep:
    Callijng all French speaker, I wish he would speak Afrikaan but no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YljPLasCbr8

French? to English please?

Some rough notes... (couldn't make out all of it, and I was a tad confused at certain points)

-Interviewer thanks Wengy for his time
    -Asks him how he is, what his thoughts are
    -Wengy says he focuses on the future and is very active on the telephone (with regards to other people, transfers, etc.)
    -Interviewer asks about the potential loss of Fabregas and Clichy, and what he plans to do next season (with transfers and whatnot)
    -Wengy says that (they) are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting that the other clubs moves'
    -Everybody has 'their cards in their hands', hoping for a big transfer.
    -But there is 'nothing moving' yet. The period will be more active at the end of July, and Wengy said that is when he will strengthen the Arsenal team
    -I think he mentions that FFP may come soon so the people in the transfer market are very agitated

-Interviewer asks about Wenger being under for critics (because the fans expect a title?) and if Wenger will be under too much 'unexpected' pressure.
    -Wengy responds saying no, we are playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world and team is playing against others clubs have more resources than them, but they must always try their hardest to succeed, especially with the levels of expectation being high.

-Interviewer asks what's the objective of next season, to become champions?
    -Wenger has the objective has always been to win in their situation

-Asked about going to PSG
    -He says he's very happy with Arsenal
    -He mentions that one shouldn't want what you don't have, and should love what you currently have.
    -He mentions that he has contacts with the shareholders at Paris (because he works with them outside of football). However, he says that he respects his current contracts, and has 3 years left (at the time) and intended to see them out (which he has done)

-He mentions that the financial situation of Racing Strasbourg is very bad, and that it's necessary to save them
    -however (at that time), he wasn't prepared to put 15m euros to help it
    -Interviewer asks why he returns to Alsace, Wengy mentions that he really admires the place feels connected to his roots (and not detatched from it)
    -He one day desires to return to his home town of Strasbourg and help the club, but it depends on many factors like his health, how old he'll be at the time, etc.
    -He mentions that, being born there having grown up there and seeing people fighting over the years to play well in that stadium, and that a lot bought tickets to see them. But when he compares it then to the bad situation now, he feels sad seeing it.

ReputationRep:

In fairness most of the players that have been signed aren't really top players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    Why aren't you happy with the Higuain deal? When exactly was the last time we signed a proven striker?
    see I dont see a player who seems to flop in every big match as a proven striker.

He lacks pace, has a bit of a temper (tends to get a lot of yellows), hes inconsistent with his finishing basically he will score a hatrick or miss 5 open goals and hes not got great link up play. I still consider him in the third tier of strikers

side note

such a shame, manu made a bid for leighton baines

(Original post by The Assassin)
    Some rough notes... (couldn't make out all of it, and I was a tad confused at certain points)

-Interviewer thanks Wengy for his time
    -Asks him how he is, what his thoughts are
    -Wengy says he focuses on the future and is very active on the telephone (with regards to other people, transfers, etc.)
    -Interviewer asks about the potential loss of Fabregas and Clichy, and what he plans to do next season (with transfers and whatnot)
    -Wengy says that (they) are in a waiting period, everybody is waiting that the other clubs moves'
    -Everybody has 'their cards in their hands', hoping for a big transfer.
    -But there is 'nothing moving' yet. The period will be more active at the end of July, and Wengy said that is when he will strengthen the Arsenal team
    -I think he mentions that FFP may come soon so the people in the transfer market are very agitated

-Interviewer asks about Wenger being under for critics (because the fans expect a title?) and if Wenger will be under too much 'unexpected' pressure.
    -Wengy responds saying no, we are playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world and team is playing against others clubs have more resources than them, but they must always try their hardest to succeed, especially with the levels of expectation being high.

-Interviewer asks what's the objective of next season, to become champions?
    -Wenger has the objective has always been to win in their situation

-Asked about going to PSG
    -He says he's very happy with Arsenal
    -He mentions that one shouldn't want what you don't have, and should love what you currently have.
    -He mentions that he has contacts with the shareholders at Paris (because he works with them outside of football). However, he says that he respects his current contracts, and has 3 years left (at the time) and intended to see them out (which he has done)

-He mentions that the financial situation of Racing Strasbourg is very bad, and that's it is necessary to save them
    -however (at that time), he wasn't prepared to put 15m euros to help it
    -Interviewer asks why he returns to Alsace, Wengy mentions that he really admires the place feels connected to his roots (and not detatched from it)
    -He one day desires to return to his home town of Strasbourg and help the club, but it depends on many factors like his health, how old he'll be at the time, etc.
    -He mentions that, being born there having grown up there and seeing people fighting over the years to play well in that stadium, and that a lot bought tickets to see them. But when he compares it then to the bad situation now, he feels sad seeing it.
    Thanks for that, PRSOM! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    see I dont see a player who seems to flop in every big match as a proven striker.

He lacks pace, has a bit of a temper (tends to get a lot of yellows), hes inconsistent with his finishing basically he will score a hatrick or miss 5 open goals and hes not got great link up play. I still consider him in the third tier of strikers

side note

such a shame, manu made a bid for leighton baines
    tell you what, he's no Ross Barkley, huh?

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    tell you what, he's no Ross Barkley, huh?

:rolleyes:
    Ross Barkley is absolute class

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal finally make an offer! Bid lodged with Lyon for France international

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...for-france-int

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Arsenal finally make an offer! Bid lodged with Lyon for France international

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...for-france-int
    Do you know how good Grenier is?

I think an attacking midfielder was needed but have no idea how good he is as I don't watch ligue 1 that often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Do you know how good Grenier is?

I think an attacking midfielder was needed but have no idea how good he is as I don't watch ligue 1 that often.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffaN4CudDtk

A video on him on YouTube, looks good looking at this but then again who doesn't? Wenger spoke highly of him a couple of months ago and compared him to Nasri who was someone Arsenal never really replaced

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.