Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So today was my last day ever of school... **** just got real :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamer222)
    Where do you guys get this information from? Everytime I ring they say that they can't tell me how many people are waiting to hear or that "there are many people". I'm hating the lack of consistency
    Guys a couple of lads at my school got their dentistry offers today so you could hear tomorrow. They too were the last few on the waiting list. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer earlier this afternoon. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    Offer :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Offer It hasn't updated on track yet though Congrats to everyone else who received offers today!

ReputationRep:
    Okay people, please don't take this the wrong way - it is a genuine and innocent question not laced with and prejudice or whatever. I was wondering why, when looking at the Kings medical group on Facebook and comparing it with the Leeds one, there are so many 'foreign' students. I understand many come from the UK, but it seems, judging from the Facebook group and offer open day, that the majority going to study medicine at kings next year will come from an ethnic origin different to 'White British'. So I have a couple of questions: 1) is this deduction of mine simply false, and just skewed by the fact that the active members on the kings Facebook group just happen to be, by coincidence, from a different ethnic background to White British? 2) are there many white people studying medicine at kings, what is the ratio?

Thank you all for understanding, this is a delicate topic I'm sure,
    I'll put my hands up and say I'm mainly asking this because I'm more attracted to girls who come from the same ethnic background to me - that's something I can't help and can't change - and am a bit concerned that there will be few like this?! Call me chauvinist, racist, whatever, this is not the case, I am just been open with my, I assure you, very normal thoughts.

So I'm curios, One reason for this may be the international prestige kings has? The attraction of London on an international scale perhaps? Talking to Nurses in hospital, I know many students stay at home to study in countries like India and are supported by their families until they graduate - because London has a brilliant multicultural society with a high population of ethnic minorities, perhaps many of these students will stay at home and study at kings?

Thanks for understanding, all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hugby talking about girls? Hahahaha

what about girls on other courses you troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Okay people, please don't take this the wrong way - it is a genuine and innocent question not laced with and prejudice or whatever. I was wondering why, when looking at the Kings medical group on Facebook and comparing it with the Leeds one, there are so many 'foreign' students. I understand many come from the UK, but it seems, judging from the Facebook group and offer open day, that the majority going to study medicine at kings next year will come from an ethnic origin different to 'White British'. So I have a couple of questions: 1) is this deduction of mine simply false, and just skewed by the fact that the active members on the kings Facebook group just happen to be, by coincidence, from a different ethnic background to White British? 2) are there many white people studying medicine at kings, what is the ratio?

I'll put my hands up and say I'm mainly asking this because I'm more attracted to girls who come from the same ethnic background to me - that's something I can't help and can't change - and am a bit concerned that there will be few like this?! Call me chauvinist, racist, whatever, this is not the case, I am just been open with my, I assure you, very normal thoughts.

So I'm curios, One reason for this may be the international prestige kings has? The attraction of London on an international scale perhaps? Talking to Nurses in hospital, I know many students stay at home to study in countries like India and are supported by their families until they graduate - because London has a brilliant multicultural society with a high population of ethnic minorities, perhaps many of these students will stay at home and study at kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you only like white girl. Grow up hugby1. finish up ur education before thinking girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    Hugby talking about girls? Hahahaha

what about girls on other courses you troll
    Acknowledging the fact that ere is a higher proportion of other ethnicities studying medicine? Why don't you answer the question and try to help me understand why - it's a legitimate question...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very simple kings has a very high entry requirement! And ethnic minority achieve the requirement! Also to succeed in medicine a lot of money and hard work is required! Again both given in huge amounts by the ethnic minority

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    London is a far more attractive city for an international student than Leeds for example, and it's reputation is known worldwide. And about the ladies bit, don't go for people who aren't from your ethnic background....simple!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Changing topic ... So everyone has heard by now ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
    How did you manage to get into Medicine? King's clearly need to have a more thorough interview system, because it is shocking that they think somebody like you could ever make a compassionate doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's easy to act and be sincere and compassionate during interviews.
    Fake smile, prepare loads, speak well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw15st3d)
    if he was a "paki" surely he would go back to Pakistan and not India? and if he was a "paki" then how does that make him an arab?

I say , they are same very astute deductions my dear fellow :chaplin:
    Glad to see someone noticed that. Had a great little chuckle as I was writing it. I must say, baiting you people is so easy, could you not tell from the above mentioned discrepancies, and my reputation, that I was having a laugh? Honestly you guys...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to act and be sincere and compassionate during interviews.
    Fake smile, prepare loads, speak well...
    Not 'easy'. I know this for a fact

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not 'easy'. I know this for a fact

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's easy if you prepare again and again with others.

ReputationRep:
    No it's easy if you prepare again and again with others.
    You speak like an expert... Did you cover up your lack of empathy and limited passion for medicine through practice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You speak like an expert... Did you cover up your lack of empathy and limited passion for medicine through practice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not going to let you turn the tables around hugby. Don't even try it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Yeah...not racist at all... Why don't you just go to Leeds, where there are more White British students? Seriously consider it, because your life is going to be difficult if you come to a multicultural university like KCL with this attitude. And you might think you can fake being sincere and compassionate in an interview, but its impossible to do it 24/7 for 5 years and onwards into your career.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.