Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechanism)
    Congrats!! That's amazing. It's so great to see someone get an interview for Biochem (your grades are great by the way, well done!). It is daunting to think we're up against loads of individuals - but if you have an interview then you have just as much chance as anyone that's how I'd think of it. I hope I get an interview too. The thought scares me but also lights a fire within. Having a chance like that to prove your potential is wonderful! Good luck - let me know what happens
    Thank you! Which college have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinderella97)
    I did the TSA and felt the same, the previous papers seemed a lot easier in my opinion and none of the methods I practised came up, so not feeling too confident about getting an interview
    I'm glad you felt the same, I was doing pretty well in the TSA past papers and now I'm not at all confident of evening getting an interview, it really wasn't great! No idea how it's going to be used either as it's the first year it's been introduced for Human Sciences (why did I take a gap year.........?!) Fingers crossed they give us the benefit of the doubt - I had to sit BMAT beforehand as well, so I just wasn't in the right mindset

ReputationRep:
    For pre-interview rejections, do you get a letter in the post or an email? I've heard you get a letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skylake)
    Any idea when E&M interviews came out last year?
    Last Friday of November I think but it varies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EoghanB97)
    I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?
    Congratulations, that's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karina_xo)
    I'm also applying for human sciences! Glad to have finally found other people hahaaa

I went to the open day however they didn't really mention it, I think since this is the first year human science applicants have to sit the TSA they maybe don't know exactly how they're going to view it until they get the results in :\\\

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoo, a fellow human scientist! I'm really hoping they don't rely heavily on it this year, maybe just use it to see if there's a useful correlation between the applicants they would have accepted beforehand vs using TSA scores? Anyway, good luck - where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    For pre-interview rejections, do you get a letter in the post or an email? I've heard you get a letter?
    I received pre-interview rejection when I applied first time. 12 November, email. No letter.

Just hoping it's not the same this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    same here for the transport, the joy of finding plane tickets with one week's notice ^.^"
    I feel ya, not looking forward to trying to find tickets from Canada with only a week's notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EoghanB97)
    I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?
    I am! Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinderella97)
    I did the TSA and felt the same, the previous papers seemed a lot easier in my opinion and none of the methods I practised came up, so not feeling too confident about getting an interview
    Yeah :/ I'm really blindly hoping that I did well and that I'm just doubting myself (there is no way that is the case haha) I guess all we can do now is hope! If I do get one then it would be nice to know sooner rather than later, getting flights over from Dubai will be tight :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandlessss)
    I received pre-interview rejection when I applied first time. 12 November, email. No letter.

Just hoping it's not the same this year
    Ah okay. Thanks! I'm sure you won't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hey_hey)
    Whoo, a fellow human scientist! I'm really hoping they don't rely heavily on it this year, maybe just use it to see if there's a useful correlation between the applicants they would have accepted beforehand vs using TSA scores? Anyway, good luck - where are you applying?
    I've applied to St. John's, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya any Computer science applicants to St Anne's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSLady)
    Maths and computer science! How did u find the MAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    One question to the international applicants planning to attend an interview personally in case of getting one: Are you thinking about booking a flight just in case? Because I am not really sure.. What if I am invited and then don't get a flight anymore? But otherwise when I am not invited and I have a flight...
    Well, if you are THAT sure that you are getting one then look into it. I personally think I may not get one since I screwed up on my essay in the TSA exam. But It really depends on your estimation of how likely you are to get an interview.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSLady)
    Me, but I'm definitely getting rejected after the MAT. So not for much longer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haien910)
    Maths and computer science! How did u find the MAT?
    not too bad some of the questions I had no idea at all and took a guess. Don't think I did too well because it was definitely not as good as my mocks which were about 65 at a push. Did the best I could so fingers crossed>

ReputationRep:
    last year this time (11-13) some law students were receiving their invitations...:eek:
    pls oxford, just put us out of our misery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Me, but I'm definitely getting rejected after the MAT. So not for much longer haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure it didn't go as bad as you think. What other universities have you applied too? I really want to go to Bath at the moment and they sent me an offer so a rejection from oxford is not the end of the world for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    I applied for Psychology and Philosophy, which is a bit different from English, but I got a UCAS notification in the email earlier today saying something in my application had changed. And yet when I checked Track online, there was nothing new.

Now you've got me worried that I was sent a rejection when I was hoping it was an interview invite. My hope is that it was just a hiccup in the system, but I'm still nervous as balls. :/
    Hey, I'm applying for psychology and philosophy too! Haven't found anyone else yet that is Good luck with your application

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.