Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    Yeah it's peak man, I was in awe with bankside. The only plus side is that it's next to oxford street and that I can wake up like 10mins before a lecture
    yeah bankside would be good, that's true actually!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the kids getting ripped apart about the eclipse on the Facebook group?

ReputationRep:
    My son found C4 easier then C3. After he came out of C3 he told me that he was completely blanked out for the first 30 minutes but
    eventually did gather his composure and got 95% in C3 and 96% in C4
    He can relax a bit now as only needs to get A in history and A in econ
    Huge Huge relief when you do not have to get A* at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    Fair point.
    It must suck getting a rejection. Do you know what you are going to do now?
    Yeah it really sucks because I only wanted to go there... I'm hesitating between imperial college (mathematics with statistics for finance) and ucl ( mathematics with Econ) but I'm leaning towards imperial

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when they start giving out offers to the people who did the UGAA? Isn't it supposed to be 15 days? It has been 17 now and I'm obsessively refreshing my email :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samu16)
    Yeah it really sucks because I only wanted to go there... I'm hesitating between imperial college (mathematics with statistics for finance) and ucl ( mathematics with Econ) but I'm leaning towards imperial
    Pourquoi es-tu aussi catégorique entre LSE et Impérial ? Elles se valent non ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarohik)
    Does anyone know when they start giving out offers to the people who did the UGAA? Isn't it supposed to be 15 days? It has been 17 now and I'm obsessively refreshing my email :P
    I'm wondering just the same right now... Last year it only took them 15 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Anyone seen the kids getting ripped apart about the eclipse on the Facebook group?
    Those three (Adam, James and Gleb) got absolutely taken, the whole thing was just hilarious. Best entertainment on that page so far hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHick)
    Those three (Adam, James and Gleb) got absolutely taken, the whole thing was just hilarious. Best entertainment on that page so far hahahaha.
    Ikr hahaha, surprised how much early beef there has been, the eclipse was really crap in the end as well! 😂

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    To study undergraduate Economics at LSE is IB HL Economics a pre-requisite? Or is HL Math enough?

Would I be eligible to apply with HL Math and SL Economics?
    My IB combination was:
    HLs - Bio, Chem, Math
    SLs - Econs, Lit, Chinese B

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmmylim)
    Hi there!
    To study undergraduate Economics at LSE is IB HL Economics a pre-requisite? Or is HL Math enough?

Would I be eligible to apply with HL Math and SL Economics?
    My IB combination was:
    HLs - Bio, Chem, Math
    SLs - Econs, Lit, Chinese B

Thanks!
    These are the requirements for Econ at LSE
    International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 38 points including 7 6 6 at Higher level (with 7 in Mathematics)
    You should look here http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad..._BSc_Econ.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Ikr hahaha, surprised how much early beef there has been, the eclipse was really crap in the end as well! ������
    Yeah same it's all been really civil so far haha and then BAM out of nowhere that beef started. Yeah it was just clouds and went a bit dark on my end, jealous of some of the people on the page who got decent views tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHick)
    Yeah same it's all been really civil so far haha and then BAM out of nowhere that beef started. Yeah it was just clouds and went a bit dark on my end, jealous of some of the people on the page who got decent views tbf.
    Yeah just seen some of the pics, oh well guess theres the next one haha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just seen some of the pics, oh well guess theres the next one haha
    Yeahh just gotta wait another 10 years

ReputationRep:
    Do you think someone who only just missed out on an A* at GCSE could get an A* at a level maths with a lot of hard work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Do you think someone who only just missed out on an A* at GCSE could get an A* at a level maths with a lot of hard work

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, with a gargantuan emphasis on the "a lot".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hurluberlu)
    Hey guys, do you know if there is any way to guarantee getting a single room at LSE? Or at least, increase your chances somewhat? Also, please can someone link me to the facebook group? Very late on the uptake here
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/423665261115786?view=info And I believe to try and guarantee a single there are certain priority indicators that you can put down on the hallpad application (eg cheapest option, single room etc) and if you only apply for single rooms that should also hel to try and guarantee it

ReputationRep:
    Oh, cool! Thanks for letting me know Have you firmed and applied for accommodation already?
    Yep firmed and have applied for a single room at rosebery, bankside and high holborn which halls you thinking of going for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually still deciding between UCL and LSE but I'm pretty sure I'll end up going for LSE.. And Roseberry, Passfield and possibly Bankside? Not sure. Have to do a lot more research first I think, there are so many different things to consider about accommodation!!
    ah fair enough, what subject you doing? yeah those 3 were gonna be my choices but then the whole 30week/38week contracts kinda confused me as to which ones offered which

ReputationRep:
    Straight econ! And oh right, I'll have to look out for that then
    same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah worth reading through all the info etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.